The "other side doesn't play how I want them to" thread

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited May 2016
    Twytch said:
    tbh, I think a significant draw of absolving during this time is the inevitable rise it'll get from Cyndarin and Xenthos. Sort of like Synkarin tweeting during a wild nodes or whatnot.
    Nah, that's just an excuse.  He was doing it period, even without Celina getting all upset (remember how I posted that this all started with him early-AM absolving Crek, when we picked up 1 Domoth and the North held the other eight?).  Note that I'm not actually incensed myself about it (so if you're doing it to get a rise from me, you're failing), but pointing out that it's the exact opposite of what you need to be doing if you actually want to get better at things.

Edit: The best way to get a rise out of me is to cheat / exploit.  That is what really gets under my skin.  The rest of it, not so much. :)
  • Sure...but then a quarter of the posts on this thread is from you.  :-?? And while a focus on combat is definitely a legitimate form of playing Lusternia, it's far from being the only one. Yes, I like combat from time to time. I love doing the maths, definitely. But most of my time in the game is spent influencing, questing, watching my gold stock pile go up bit by bit. Combat is the thing I do when I want to do something different for a bit, and getting better at it is a bit low in my priority list.
    See you in Sapience.
    Twytch said:
    Sure...but then a quarter of the posts on this thread is from you.  :-?? And while a focus on combat is definitely a legitimate form of playing Lusternia, it's far from being the only one. Yes, I like combat from time to time. I love doing the maths, definitely. But most of my time in the game is spent influencing, questing, watching my gold stock pile go up bit by bit. Combat is the thing I do when I want to do something different for a bit, and getting better at it is a bit low in my priority list.
    Hi, I'm Xenthos.  I like posting / participating in discussions.

Are you new to the forums?
    Also, I just went through the thread because your claim did not sound right, and I have something like 14 posts in this thread (counting this post) out of 124 posts.

Unless I am particularly bad at math, that does not seem to be anywhere near close to 25%.
  • Hi, I'm Twytch. Do you mind noticing the other 75% of my post? 
    See you in Sapience.
  • edited May 2016
    Well this is exactly what I mean about subcultures and echo chambers. There are no "masochistic" players in the South that just loooove dying a lot. I get aggravated when I die, I got aggravated the last domoth and bitched some over Discord. 

We have people in the South that enjoy PK. You have people in the North that enjoy PK. 

The difference is whether or not those people accept a meaningless death as part of the game, or whether they choose to assign value to the non event that is dying a few times. What part about dying is actually not fun, and what would you be doing otherwise?

I don't believe it has anything to do with what these people engaging in these behaviors find to be "fun." Domoths aren't "fun," but you do them all the time. You don't use the "it's not fun, we'd rather play the game," when mindlessly bashing the 10000th mob. You do plenty of things that aren't "fun," and they require far less though, action, and communication with other players (heyo, this is a multiplayer game) than organizing for a fight. Dying means you run a script for defenses again. BFD. You spend more time Afk absolving and upgrading than you do running 100 defense scripts.

I'm not talking about people that don't find PK fun at all. There are those people, and that's their prerogative. No harm no foul. I'm talking about people who enjoy PK, or at least seem to show up for it a lot when they have the numbers, but want to defend 8 absolves without anyone around as "people playing the game how they want to," or "they'd rather play the game than just die over and over." 

So you died. Maybe you died fast. You talked to people, you saw lots of things, you have something to talk about afterwards. Is it a truly honest argument to make that it was less "fun" than auto influencing your guard stacks? I don't think so.

I believe it has everything to do with people having convinced themselves that it's only "fun" when you win. Yes winning has a certain high, but you don't have to win to have fun. Engaging can be fun, even if you lose. "Win or nothing," is not a healthy attitude for a multiplayer game. 

This whole "demanding we play your way" attitude is grounded in utter nonsense. You're playing a multiplayer game. Playing with other players, engaging in conflict mechanics is not us "demanding you play our way." It's you undermining the very purpose of the game. We're not demanding anything, you chose to come here and we're upholding expectations that were in place long before you and even I started playing. Trying to make an avid avoidance of conflict in a conflict game about those you are avoiding and not your own decisions really says a lot about the echo chamber some people are listening to.
    Twytch said:
    Hi, I'm Twytch. Do you mind noticing the other 75% of my post? 
    The part where you said that you like doing math, and completely failed at it in the same post?  Yes, I was intentionally not mentioning that on your behalf.
  • edited May 2016
    Lol.

Don't project things on to me @Twytch, I'm not interested. Absolving itself doesn't bother me. I just upgrade and barely pay attention while I watch Netflix because I know you guys aren't going to contest my upgrade ever.

Avoiding conflict/fair weather PK is bad for the game. It's not the absolve, it's the behavior (which does not require an absolve).

The North was also like 5 absolves in before it was even mentioned in a public forum, so we know that's  not the real motivation. People are doing it to be jerks, take it up with them. Don't make it about me.

• I didn't say getting a rise out of Southern players was the main, sole objective of absolves -- what I said was that, at the moment, getting the infuriated reactions from Southern players has probably become a nice plus to absolving. 

As for the whole "this is a multiplayer game" argument...yes, it is. We play with other players: each other. There has been more player interaction and discussion while waiting out the domoth timer with Northern players than my entire time in Gaudiguch. You said it yourself -- you have to go to Glomdoring to RP. The North spends domoth time well, much better than the borderline OOC discussion when domothing with certain Magnagoran players.

P.S. I don't influence guard stacks. Bad exp, bad esteem. 
    See you in Sapience.
  • #setfirescubixout
    #attackladiescubixout
    #everyoneavoidsfightingme
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited May 2016
    Oh, let's not forget during the time that we actually absolved Cyndarin while she was around, she went and killed a newbie on Prime instead of coming up to contest us.

You want us to play this multiplayer game with you, but you have such a sour attitude and tend to flame the shit out of anyone that disagrees with you. Are you surprised that no one wants to play with you?

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    What I don't get is this insistence on people saying that you should only absolve when you're looking for "combat" or PK. Screw that. If I were to absolve, I'm not looking for a fight, I'm looking to screw the other side over, be it by reducing their powers/buffs or killing their mobs. There's nothing wrong with that. It's annoying to the other side, and you get into the "eye for an eye" mentality, but there's really nothing wrong with simply wanting to screw over your enemies so long as you realise that you're fair game too.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon

Maligorn said:
    Oh, let's not forget during the time that we actually absolved Cyndarin while she was around, she went and killed a newbie on Prime instead of coming up to contest us.

You want us to play this multiplayer game with you, but you have such a sour attitude and tend to flame the shit out of anyone that disagrees with you. Are you surprised that no one wants to play with you?
    Oh man that was good. We had a meld pit fortress going for once and Cyndarin decided she didn't want to contest us. I thought south always tried though.

Maybe you know, it's because meld pit fortresses in the domoth hub are prime for steamrolls instead of some delusional idea that when south absolves it's always fair.
  • Can't even claim they did not have the numbers because they went up and upgraded another Domoth as soon as we finished the absolve.
  • edited May 2016
    Demartel said:
    #setfirescubixout
    #attackladiescubixout
    Player Kills: 2069

Again, you'd rather make catchy points than talk substance. That's about you, not me. If your side honestly thinks I won't fight them, you can ask me any time. You won't. I've got a mile long list of your combatants on my list because I start fights. Stop the charade of bullshit. 

Absolve me 9 times when I'm not around, set fires to Glom, raid when no one is around. Now you're crying because I can give it back to you? 

P.S. If you don't want me setting fires to Seren, tell your side to stop setting fire to Glom. Don't like griefing? Don't grief. I do it better. 

Shaddus said:
    What I don't get is this insistence on people saying that you should only absolve when you're looking for "combat" or PK. Screw that. If I were to absolve, I'm not looking for a fight, I'm looking to screw the other side over, be it by reducing their powers/buffs or killing their mobs. There's nothing wrong with that. It's annoying to the other side, and you get into the "eye for an eye" mentality, but there's really nothing wrong with simply wanting to screw over your enemies so long as you realise that you're fair game too.
    Tbh I don't even absolve to screw the enemy. I absolve so that I can't get absolved as easily.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited May 2016
    Was this the one where I logged in 2/3* through, and it was like 4 of us and 8-10 of you?

Or are we talking something different? I remember this specifically because Maligorn questioned me after it.

*I forget exactly when I logged on, but lets be honest here, we tried to steal a domoth 3v8 just a day ago. When besides Yarith coming in suiciding has any of you come against us in similiar odds? 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    KDR = meaningless.
  • Demartel said:
    #setfirescubixout
    #attackladiescubixout

Again, you'd rather make catchy points than talk substance. That's about you, not me.

If you don't want me setting fires to Seren, tell your side to stop setting fire to Glom. Don't like griefing? Don't grief. I do it better. 
    As far as I know the only person who started fires was @Twytch and he has not been playing as you are fully aware, he even apologised for one of the fires because he did not realise it would happen. You repeatedly come in, start attacking ladies or start fires and run full bore as soon as anyone comes up to stop you.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne

Demartel said:
    #setfirescubixout
    #attackladiescubixout

Be honest. How many of those kills are griefing newbies/lowbies on Faethorn as a Shadowdancer?

edited May 2016
    It was more or less an even fight. I think when it started it was 5 of us (and not all of them actually said they'd help) vs 4, 3 of whom we knew for sure were ready for a fight since they were in the domoth hub almost killing me a few minutes before and the 4th being Cyndarin who was very happy to go PK a novice or two instead. So none of this BS "you had 15 people logged in so they must all be ready for a fight".

This is pretty much the exact scenario we get every single time south starts an absolve. But hey, south always tries so I'm sure there was some alignment of the stars which made it so much more unfair than any south absolve.
    Synkarin said:
    *I forget exactly when I logged on, but lets be honest here, we tried to steal a domoth 3v8 just a day ago. When besides Yarith coming in suiciding has any of you come against us in similiar odds? 
    Didn't we try against you in an absolve literally the other day against similar odds?
  • edited May 2016
    Synkarin said:
    Was this the one where I logged in 2/3* through, and it was like 4 of us and 8-10 of you?

Or are we talking something different? I remember this specifically because Maligorn questioned me after it.

No they're talking about the one where they sat on War and refused to complete it so all of Gaudi was locked out of the Domoth realm. Then they continued to call people up until they had  a large numbers advantage, THEN completed War and absolved me.

They were using the War upgrade to prevent us from taking the free Domoth and delaying the claim, because that would've involved Gaudiguch (which was me at the time). Forgot about that part, @Demartel?

So this charade they are putting on is hilarious. I might be a bitch, but at least I'm honest. You guys are just being spiteful liars.

Even your one example out of NINE domoth absolves, and you guys can't even try to be honest. You may not like me, but you can at least have the integrity to be honest about the actual events. 

Maybe when you started, but not when I popped on, I checked numbers when I got on and it was definitely 8-10 of you with maybe 5 of us at most. 

I'll ask again, when have you guys ever tried with those odds minus Yarith's fearless, reckless period. We can cite numerous instances of us fighting against the numbers, even in the last week or so. 

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Synkarin said:

No they're talking about the one where they sat on War and refused to complete it so all of Gaudi was locked out of the Domoth realm. Then they continued to call people up until they had  a large numbers advantage, THEN completed War and absolved me.

They were using the War upgrade to prevent us from taking the free Domoth, because that would've involved Gaudiguch (which was me at the time).

So this charade they are putting on is hilarious. I might be a bitch, but at least I'm honest. You guys are just being spiteful liars.

Lmao. I love how you completely created motivations and scenarios for us. Watch out spiteful liars, she's on to you.
    Rivius said:
    Synkarin said:
    Didn't we try against you in an absolve literally the other day against similar odds?
    We did, but the Aapek and Eroee were lined up perfectly with the Sun that day so we can't count it.
    Rivius said:
    Synkarin said:

1:2 odds? Certainly not, every absolve we've done has been pretty similiar numbers (barring the few days Yarith was suicidal).

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Ah, well, Cyndarin figured us out. I guess the gig is up.

Synkarin said:
    Rivius said:
    Synkarin said:

1:2 odds? Certainly not, every absolve we've done has been pretty similiar numbers (barring the few days Yarith was suicidal).
    Because you're only remembering the absolves where we bothered to try. All the ones where the odds were so overwhelming that we would have lost even without the fortress we didn't show up to. Hey, like the absolves that you keep crying about us starting.