The "other side doesn't play how I want them to" thread

Comments

• 2015 - Kelly rose to become Ascendant Kaimanahi (Seal of Life)

The Life seal tactics have't changed for like 10 years. I won the life seal before I won TA and people followed me around killing my Furrikin. 
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Maligorn said:
    Your responses are nothing more than putting me down and not addressing my point I made (that you think that PK revolves around you and we should conform to your enjoyment). But I came into this argument expecting a lot of flame and very little substance, so I'm really not surprised :)

Your illiteracy does not interest me. Avoiding me to absolve for the 8th time in a row doesn't mean the world revolves around me. The same person not absolving when I'm around despite being logged on does not mean the world revolves around me. It means I'm being avoided. It's called deductive reasoning.
    Do you think people scry for no reason? Do you think they're not checking out who is around and who is not around? 

Try again. You're not smart enough to come for me.

https://secure.hookedonphonics.com Except there was that one time where we absolved when you were around, and we were still avoiding you according to yourself. Damned if we do, damned if we don't, is what it seems like.

I've seen absolves at 12 am, 3-4 am, 4 pm, 6 pm...all kinds of times. It's super arrogant to think we're avoiding you when in reality, you're just online for a rather short window of time. The fact also remains that if you wanted conflict, you'd initiate it yourself with a raid, which you can do any time that's convenient for you.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Maligorn said:
    Silvanus said:

Because that's a dick move and super effective. If we can't police ourselves, I would headline a petition to have a Basin wide Peace mandate during Harmony and allow only debates and influencing. It happens in villages, it should be Basin wide.

Any other outstanding issues?
    Yes, that's precisely what I'm talking about. You can't interfere with Knowledge, Beauty or Justice because there's nothing the PK crowd can really do; Nature has killsquads in the fulcruxes (but there's other ways to get around so that's really okay).

In Life, you can literally follow a contender around and poison all their furrikin before they get their cures out.

But the fact remains that morale was so low due to the South being completely merciless that this years' Ascension, nobody showed up.
    Ok, I've never been around for Life. How do you poison them? If they added in poisons, isn't that how it is meant to be? Isn't that the counter?

And, I have never been around for Nature, is Nature Open-Pk? If it is, then that is how they want it, again.

It wouldn't be the first time that mechanics have been the problem. We can address this problem. We have the tools. They are called Envoy reports. The worst thing they will do is say no. Only 6 Reports were sent in last month out of 20 or so Envoys. We obviously haven't been trying to fix any of the problems that persist and only whine about whiners here.

If you have nothing to contribute about fixing the problems stated here, please, refrain from posting. You are part of the problem.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • edited May 2016
    Except 'South' has had the advantage and has been steamrolling absolves nonstop. Diplomatic solutions don't work because, as problematic as this situation is, this is the only meaningful form of 'daily' engagement each org has at getting back at one another. 

I'd rather we had really frequent and common small progressive things which pop up on the world, opt in pvp king of the hill or other small skirmish mechanics which give minor rewards to the org. Something like a throne blessing at that item that only the org can use. I think we're better off putting in more chances for pvp than changing the ones we have.

People usually only go to upgrade when they have a significant lead and feel comfortable doing so (INB4 'no we don't <example1, example 2, example 3>'), which often makes stealing pretty moot.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    (we do raid)

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited May 2016
    "Except there was that one time..."
    2015 - Kelly rose to become Ascendant Kaimanahi (Seal of Life)

The Life seal tactics have't changed for like 10 years. I won the life seal before I won TA and people followed me around killing my Furrikin. 
    That doesn't make it ok.

• Synkarin said:
    Demartel said:
    Your melder can't aeon. We got beat because we were outplayed by a larger group. I came back three times anyways because why not. I don't avoid fights just because I lose them. Listen to me sometime, you might learn something.

Lol "envoy clout." I believe the first thing your envoy said in response to my report was "I'd rather just remove aeon."

I told you, you aren't smart enough to come for me. If you'd listen, we could just skip all of this.

Wait... what?? We had 1 more person
    You snort and snuffle at the air, sensing through a ridiculous pig nose upon your face the faint traces of others in the
    surrounding area.
    Bleuu: 9900 candy corn field near a bridge
    Falmiis: 9884 base of the tower of gum
    Aeden: 9900 candy corn field near a bridge
    Synkarin: 9884 base of the tower of gum
    Asmodea: 9900 candy corn field near a bridge
    Shango: 9884 base of the tower of gum
    Diante: 9900 candy corn field near a bridge
    Cyndarin: 9884 base of the tower of gum
    Malarious: 9884 base of the tower of gum
    Enadonella: 9884 base of the tower of gum
    Shedrin: 9900 candy corn field near a bridge
    Esca: 9884 base of the tower of gum
    [22:22:41.133] H:12300(100%) M:11645(98%) E:7300(100%) P:10(104) [dbkexlr][Malarious]-(-155m, 1.3%)

And then we were even.
    Falmiis has been incinerated by Drunken Master Kalas Malarious, Kitten Avenger.
    You see the death occur at base of the tower of gum. (9884)
    From your knowledge, that room is in Crumkindivia.
    Falmiis has left the area.
    [22:22:50.326] H:12300(100%) M:11638(98%) E:7300(100%) P:10(104) [dbkexlr][Malarious]-

I showed Falmiis this last night 

The 3 fights that happened during that domoth were 3v9, 6v9 and 6v9 

If you only scented one person difference, it was because we killed people. That second fight, we killed most of you (at one point, you were the only one on the bubble) but then people came back. 

It was a larger force, each time.

The first Scent was right after you entered the third time. This one is right after you entered the second time. Apparently I did not scent at all when we first went up and we only had 1 more person then, Yarith, who left shortly after. I will give you the first fight was 3vs8, but the only group that got bigger in size after that was yours and that pretty much evened it up. Especially since you killed our melder within 10 seconds of arriving.

You snort and snuffle at the air, sensing through a ridiculous pig nose upon your face the faint traces of others in the
    surrounding area.
    Bleuu: 9885 approaching the tower of gum
    Esca: 9884 base of the tower of gum
    Enadonella: 9884 base of the tower of gum
    Asmodea: 9885 approaching the tower of gum
    Aeden: 9900 candy corn field near a bridge
    Shango: 9883 middle of the tower of gum
    Synkarin: 9883 middle of the tower of gum
    Eicia: 9885 approaching the tower of gum
    Malarious: 9884 base of the tower of gum
    Falmiis: 9896 spice drop bushes within the Fizzy River
    Cyndarin: 9883 middle of the tower of gum
    Shedrin: 9885 approaching the tower of gum
    [22:05:57.381] H:12300(100%) M:11800(100%) E:7300(100%) P:10(106) [dbkexlr][Synkarin]-(+798h, 6.5%, +306m, 2.6%)

• 6v8 is not even. I mean, I don't really ever play the "X person is worth Y weight" because it's stupid. When I say you had a larger group, I mean 6 < 8 just as a factual observation.
    Yarith said:
    I'd rather we had really frequent and common small progressive things which pop up on the world, opt in pvp king of the hill or other small skirmish mechanics which give minor rewards to the org. Something like a throne blessing at that item that only the org can use. I think we're better off putting in more chances for pvp than changing the ones we have.

Honestly this would be pretty cool, it's basically what wildnodes and revolts are, but they seem stale at this point because it is far too easy to gain an advantage since we know where it is going to happen. 

A cool idea would be using the Nodes that spawn outside Gaudi/Halli for their Epic cycle be on a randomized timer somewhere on Prime, and that area becomes open PK.

Or, may be just make the Throne area open PK if someone is attempting it. Those are good ideas.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • lol guys
    edited May 2016

Silvanus said:

Ok, I've never been around for Life. How do you poison them? If they added in poisons, isn't that how it is meant to be? Isn't that the counter?
    You "poison" them by feeding them the wrong cure to their ailment, which kills them. e.g. you can literally just give a furrikin pennyroyal and it'll die unless it was stupid.

It's hard to say what would honestly fix this. One one hand, you have a really stupid irony in that Life actually results in a lot of death. On the other hand, a person who's faster and has better code to hand in cures is going to win if they have nothing to counter them.

• This suggestion Yarith made and Silvanus comments on is somewhat like the power conflict system in Aetolia.

There are nodes, of varying degrees that spawn and you have a detection skill to track them essentially, and it emits an aura over an area that makes it an Open PK area.
    Its random RNG where and when, theres a rough estimate on the larger ones....

Thing is, even the players there get kind of bored in "waiting for the PK', but its certainly a viable conflict mechanism
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    You had more people show up the 3rd fight, (like Diante, maybe only Diante) - the numbers I gave were pretty close (first one may be 3v8, second 6v8). Larger is larger.

I also think you guys had the more experienced side as well. But this is a digression. We lost, no qualms. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    I also want to say I agree that Lusternia needs more built-in conflict activities. Domoths are too easily gamed, and you have to wait a week+ for each revolt, and even longer for flares. Raids are stupid until that discretionary report is actually completed. I'm often at a loss of what to do with my time in Lusternia immediately following a revolt or flare.

• edited May 2016
    Maligorn said:

Silvanus said:

You "poison" them by feeding them the wrong cure to their ailment, which kills them. e.g. you can literally just give a furrikin pennyroyal and it'll die unless it was stupid.

It's hard to say what would honestly fix this. One one hand, you have a really stupid irony in that Life actually results in a lot of death. On the other hand, a person who's faster and has better code to hand in cures is going to win if they have nothing to counter them.
    Never been around for life either, but how does this even make sense? That's not how cures work... Wouldn't it be just as simple to be aiming to cure the most furrikin without needing a counter? 
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • edited May 2016
    As problematic as quests can be, it'd be really cool to have conflict quests which aren't hard but would put things similar to invasion mobs in areas and/or deny you the ability to turn in corpses at prime hunting grounds. Anyone doing these kinds of quests would be open pk and the counterquest would always be open whereas completing the conflict side would lock you out for x hours.

With config off/on worldwide messages for when one is attempted, ofc.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    Coming from someone who experienced challenges, having participated in most of them despite how one-sided some of them are, in his second or third month of playing this game, I think most of them are actually fine. However, if I was the one organising these there are a few changes I would make to some of them.

Chaos: I think the fortress meta makes this a lot more boring/less chaotic than it should be. If it was up to me I'd make it so the hamster disappeared after a very short and random amount of time. A version of this where you are trying to get your hands on the Purple Hamster for the first 95% for the points and the last little bit being a real scramble to try to get your hands on the hamster right before it ends sounds a lot more exciting than a mini-Final Ascension challenge as it is right now.

Harmony: This challenge sucks for anyone doing it. I'd suggest making the event peaced. People will still be able to divert but it won't be as simple as it is currently to stop a particular contestant from making any progress.

Justice: It kind of sucks that this is single elimination but I understand how difficult it can be to organise an event like this.
    edited May 2016
    Maybe a quick fix brainstorm idea for Absolves.

What if the Absolver also lost a rank, and if they failed there be no Dormancy time for the other side? That way there is actually some drawback for doing it when no one is around.

Edit: Also Life sounds stupid. If you failed to cure a Furrikin, you should just be unable to cure that furrikin.
  • Yes, we lost because we lost. Aeon is really GD stupid in mass spam, and it certainly accelerated the process, but Sidd and I had already acknowledged we were going to die before starting.

Walking into a pit/meld usually has that end result. Doesn't mean we aren't feisty and don't try, because sometimes we pull out a win. A thing we say every time this is brought up, but no one seems to want to listen to it. 

The report may have been "knee jerk," I don't mind admitting to it. It's not because I lost, I expected to lose. I've got 330+ deaths Maligorn doesn't want to talk about because it'll make him sound like a dumbass, I lose a lot. The report is because aeon is stupid, and everyone hates it, and win or lose, I got irritated enough being spammed with it to write a report no one really fundamentally objects to. 

Kind of like how everyone agrees absolves are stupid. I can make that report too. Ultimately, I'm making reports that are really widely accepted. Like deleting phantom sphere as a kill method. I only get one a month, though, so I have to choose.  
  • I really feel that the conflict here is a bit -too structured- if that makes sense, and I think these incessant circles of logic and debate on which side is which is due to what Maligorn has just stated not so much that it is easily gamed but that the game ultimately in the form things operate currently permits an advantage depending on what timezone gets the opportunity.

I truly do not believe in speaking to people from either side that there is some malicious vendetta to completely dominate, sure some people want to 'win' but I think most of us are mature enough as a majority to also desire the conflict more than just the victory.  It just so happens that there is a huge disparagement of players in one timezone in a certain faction of the game and another on the other, which makes for a few hours of morning, and sometimes late night conflict that gets incredibly heated and results in one person having a bad time.

I think if the structure was modified it might potentially be a solution, but as we are to do of players of a game, we will find a way to make it work in our favour.
    Its the nature of things, its how playing a game goes for most people, we like that glory, that victory, but some also like the rush and the challenge.

Being individuals and finding that ground of commonality between the player mindsets is a delicate balance which ultimately you cannot please everyone.
    Unforunately there is a generation of people getting medals for showing up to events, and another generation of people who learned to accept loss.

Can everyone be happy, no, but can we start to be constructive towards solutions, I would like to think so.
    edited May 2016

Silvanus said:
    Maybe a quick fix brainstorm idea for Absolves.

What if the Absolver also lost a rank, and if they failed there be no Dormancy time for the other side? That way there is actually some drawback for doing it when no one is around.

Edit: Also Life sounds stupid. If you failed to cure a Furrikin, you should just be unable to cure that furrikin.
    If HELP DOMOTH ABSOLVE is accurate, a failed absolve already has no dormancy for the other side. I think I've only seen one failed absolve so far and I didn't bother to check so I can't say for sure.
  • Maligorn said:
    I also want to say I agree that Lusternia needs more built-in conflict activities. Domoths are too easily gamed, and you have to wait a week+ for each revolt, and even longer for flares. Raids are stupid until that discretionary report is actually completed. I'm often at a loss of what to do with my time in Lusternia immediately following a revolt or flare.
    Rofl. "Domoths are too easily gamed," after all that nonsense over how people aren't gaming domoths to avoid certain players that could contest them. 

I'm glad we at least agree even if you have to argue with me over nothing.
  • Scanlan said:
    I really feel that the conflict here is a bit -too structured- if that makes sense, and I think these incessant circles of logic and debate on which side is which is due to what Maligorn has just stated not so much that it is easily gamed but that the game ultimately in the form things operate currently permits an advantage depending on what timezone gets the opportunity.

I would agree with this. One thing I hate about combat(in all IRE games really, but the structured aspect here is a specific issue) is that there's so rarely any incentive to engage in PvP one-on-one. Even if I wanted to try that, I wouldn't trust that the "other side" would do the same. I like the idea of conflict-orientated quests, but seems like it would result in more of the issues with teaming and arguments about the unfairness of numbers.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I was thinking of a 'Capture the Flag' sort of player-initiated event, done by a simple enough quest that gives whatever org is currently controlling it power/resources/buffs so long as it does. I'm honestly fine with it doing all three. Think of dominion from CS:GO, Modern Warfare, Call of Duty, Warframe, etc. If you hold the 'flagged' zone (which can be anywhere on a main highway/mountain in my ideal mindset [maybe not *right* in front of a village where people can dump guards and gain advantage?]) then you get the rewards. You could get points for simply being there, for killing enemies inside of it. Once it reaches X amount of points, you get the rewards, and they can increase based on how much conflict was there. This would shake up alliances, since only one org can hold it at a time, and eventually *everyone* has to sleep, so it could never be permanently held since as everyone likes to mention X person only plays during Y time. I don't know, it is probably a really rough idea that could never work, but at least it's an idea being put out. If Night (South) controls it during US peak time and Day (North) controls it during OCE times, the rewards even out and it's something that's fun and isn't reliant on the other people/admins/RNG starting it.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    edited May 2016
    Any player initiated event will be gamed, just as domoths are. I don't care who you are, you aren't going to initiate any event when you know it'll be 1v10. At the same time you can't blame anybody for not wanting to participate in your player initiated event when they know it'll be 1v10 too.
  • (Or you are when you're the 10 and they're the 1)

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    Yes, we lost because we lost. Aeon is really GD stupid in mass spam, and it certainly accelerated the process, but Sidd and I had already acknowledged we were going to die before starting.

Walking into a pit/meld usually has that end result. Doesn't mean we aren't feisty and don't try, because sometimes we pull out a win. A thing we say every time this is brought up, but no one seems to want to listen to it. 

The report may have been "knee jerk," I don't mind admitting to it. It's not because I lost, I expected to lose. I've got 330+ deaths Maligorn doesn't want to talk about because it'll make him sound like a dumbass, I lose a lot. The report is because aeon is stupid, and everyone hates it, and win or lose, I got irritated enough being spammed with it to write a report no one really fundamentally objects to. 

Kind of like how everyone agrees absolves are stupid. I can make that report too. Ultimately, I'm making reports that are really widely accepted. Like deleting phantom sphere as a kill method. I only get one a month, though, so I have to choose.  
    I don't see how deaths and losing a lot equate to me being a dumbass, but okay.

I don't have strong feelings about aeon one way or another because I don't mess with it anymore. I had thought that Ieptix was actually going to implement some kind of queue-system, but whatever.

I just had a chip on my shoulder about you immediately jumping to the report instead of envoying domoths like you said you were going to. My only hope is that you're going to get with Moondancers, Symphonists and Researchers and helping them recover from that.

• I think Absolves are a stupid mechanic right now, I have never not said otherwise.
    aving said that though, my play time is -usually- early morning 7am - 11am and later in the evening 6pm - 11pm, I might be around during the day but I am generally only vaguely paying attention. During the evening I am more likely to be involved in family time, going out or what not, so as it stands if I need to upgrade/absolve I will do it on the time that suits me, not the time that suits my enemy.

I don't do it because "I am avoiding a fight" If you think I avoid fights you have not payed attention to me raiding Glomdoring and being killed  or rushing in to defend EthSeren and being killed, or my deaths being double my kills... anyways I digress. My point is that I am not avoiding anyone. I am doing what I need to do in the time frame I have that I play.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Then the 10 people, probably not all out of the same org, Falmiis, can compete amongst themselves. It'd be pretty bloody hilarious to see Synkarin going against Xenthos because Night agreed 'hey there's not a lot of Northerners to go for this, what if we did a FFA of Southerners'. Like I said, it's an idea, which is better than complaining endlessly.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."