Simple Ideas

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It would be cool if Wargames  randomized teams. When you join, you just get added to the pool of players (And have all the normal time to defup in the arena or whatever). Once it starts, you randomly get assigned to one of the three teams.  No more checking ES ARENA until you can join a totally stacked team!
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    That would be a good change. Also, perhaps a config that permanently automatically queues you for them? I feel like a lot of the people who play don't queue and it might just be because they forget.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Is there a way to remove the comments from a design when it has been accepted?

And if not, could there be?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    The trademaster can clear comments even after a design is accepted, yes.

Lavinya said:
    The trademaster can clear comments even after a design is accepted, yes.
    I knew I recalled seeing that was added in somewhere, but I couldn't find it in the spam of DESIGN commands.  Is it something else?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Design comments then leave it blank, it's worked for me in the past.

• edited April 2013

Yeah, try DESIGN <number> COMMENTS (may try COMMENT if that doesn't work) if you are the trademaster.

• It only works if it's a private design, not a public one. I wish there was a way to clear comments on public designs! :(
  • edited April 2013
    CONFIG TITLES [ON|OFF]

Please!

It would mean that instead of seeing this:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/818/befored.png/

You get to see this:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/afterwm.png/

(Nothing personal @Revan, I was just so distracted by your title that I ended up coding a script to gag titles.. instead of listening to you. Sorry!)

EDIT: Why do image tags never work for me on these new forums. :/
  • Make signs (like shops signs) purchasable as an item in the aethermanse store (for the same gold amount) so that people without shops can have signs (also so I can purchase more that I could use for directions/descriptions of areas in my manse.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Ryanne said:
    CONFIG TITLES [ON|OFF]

Please!

It would mean that instead of seeing this:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/818/befored.png/

You get to see this:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/afterwm.png/

(Nothing personal @Revan, I was just so distracted by your title that I ended up coding a script to gag titles.. instead of listening to you. Sorry!)

EDIT: Why do image tags never work for me on these new forums. :/
    Might be time to shorten the allowed length of titles in any case...
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.

• Everiine said:
    Might be time to shorten the allowed length of titles in any case...
    So long as I can opt-out of viewing them I'm peachy. It's just that no script will ever be 100% accurate, that's why a game config option would be a pure blessing.

Also along those lines...

CONFIG SIMPLEINV [ON|OFF]

Would transform this:

You are holding:
    3 simple oaken pipes, a soot-blackened tinderbox, 23 onyx vials, a Scroll of Healing, a Scroll of
    Protection, 5 corpses of a baby rat, 3 corpses of an old rat.
    You are wearing:
    heavy boots caked with mud, 3 moonstone and garnet rings, an etched amethyst ring, a sparkling ring
    of the cosmos, an etched beryl ring, a ring of grasping hands, a golden dragon ring, a pack of
    amaranthine silk, a thin turquoise band, a midnight black cloak, a long black leather coat lined with
    crimson silk, black geomancers robes of desiccated grubs.

Into this:

You are holding:
    3 pipes, 1 tinderbox, 23 vials, 2 scrolls, 5 baby rat, 3 old rat.
    You are wearing:
    1 boots, 8 rings, 1 pack, 1 band, 1 cloak, 1 coat, 1 robes.

.. Would make it so much easier to find stuff. Please :)

• Maybe change figurine enchanting to something that adds up to crumble a full powerstone?  Maybe dropping it to 10% would help.  Right now it is at 13%, which causes you to have near empty powerstones, and to have to unwield and wield again.
    Please let me emote at furniture.  I am so tired of poking out my own eye when I try to indicate a rug (or any other constructed item).  I don't understand why they can be probed but not interacted with. :(
  • Xenthos said:

Please let me emote at furniture.  I am so tired of poking out my own eye when I try to indicate a rug (or any other constructed item).  I don't understand why they can be probed but not interacted with. :(

Because they don't exist in the replica sense. They are apart (thus why it's like A601 instead of 529185), and that kind of stuff is tricksy tricksy.
  • edited April 2013
    When I type AIDES <insert ministry, especially power omg> I get a long list of names including the (online) tag.. and including titles. What I have a hard time of finding is the actual name of the power aide.

Idea 1: Colour their name in a different way to make it immediately visible who the power aide is.

Idea 2: Just omit the titles from the aide listing. (preferred).

It's just a small ease-of-use thing.. but it's really the small things that make my day or leave me confused.

Iosai: Done!
  • Please to let me sleep while burrowing!
    I imagine you could take a few sips of morphite and curl right up into a blessfully peaceful nap while buried six feet under.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Why would you sleep while burrowed? This ain't Aetolia with the vampires.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm almost sure you can't sip underground.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    I'm similarly almost sure that that used to be the case about 5 RL years ago, but got changed so that people could sip health.  Hmm.
  • edited April 2013
    Elanorwen said:
    Why would you sleep while burrowed?
    Because while burrowed you're out of the way, and thus less likely to be preyed upon by Dreamweavers and such than if you were sleeping out in the open. You might want to rest up and continue hunting without the bother of returning to your city/commune.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Why would you sleep while burrowed? This ain't Aetolia with the vampires.
    People sleep?
    Cadfael said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Why would you sleep while burrowed?
    Because while burrowed you're out of the way, and thus less likely to be preyed upon by Dreamweavers and such than if you were sleeping out in the open. You might want to rest up and continue hunting without the bother of returning to your city/commune.
    Syntax: DREAMWEAVE SLEEPSENSE
    Seek out those who are sleeping anywhere on the plane. This spell can be cast regardless of whether or not you are in dreambody.

Syntax: DREAMDRIFT <target>
    Power: 3 (Any)
    Focusing in on another, you can drift your dreambody to a target on the same plane.

So there goes that idea, at best you'd be stuck in a place where friends can't get to and defend you. Nexii usually are the best place if you're planning on sleeping on Prime. If your nexus does not have a chandelier, go ahead and ask one be added. And even then, the best place to sleep is in a manse where a dreamweaver has no way of getting to you.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • edited April 2013
    Hrm. Well that's another thing I've learned today. The help scroll I read about anti-theft didn't mention that. Of course, it still stands to reason that being less conspicuous when sleeping somewhere vulnerable is less likely to attract unwanted attention.
    edited April 2013
    Anti-theft is pretty much a moot point nowadays. People will not randomly try and steal from you... selfishness or not.

EDIT: Heck... I know someone who lost a backpack with 2.5mil gold, an enemy got a hold of it and it was still returned, gold included.

• It's true. Thieves are greatly unwelcome in the game.
    If it's broken, break it some more.
  • There should be a new syntax that shows what your staff/cudgel percentage is currently tuned at. Or it should show up on probe staff/cudgel. Either way, I'll forget sooner or later and I'll waste power retuning it to something it's probably already tuned at.

"But paradise is locked and bolted...

We must make a journey around the world

to see if a back door has perhaps been left open."

-Heinrich Von Kleist, "On the Puppet Theater"

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    (You can't tune a cudgel!)
  • Daedalion said:
    There should be a new syntax that shows what your staff/cudgel percentage is currently tuned at. Or it should show up on probe staff/cudgel. Either way, I'll forget sooner or later and I'll waste power retuning it to something it's probably already tuned at.
    Try weaponprobing it?