Simple questions?

Comments

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Luce said:
    While on the subject of descriptions.

Does anyone else keep multiple descriptions depending on how covered up your character is, and if so, how detailed do you usually get?
    I keep a few different descriptions, but usually forget to switch them. One, for example, describes extra feathers on Ev's arms and legs, while the other doesn't.

As for how detailed they get, well, I guess it depends on their purpose!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • We all know what the purpose of half-clothed descriptions is ;)
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    TIL Luce has a nekkid description. For uhh, Tarzan RP.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Luce does NOT (yet) have any such description, and since he has boxers with a rune, it is unlikely he'll need one.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Luce said:
    Luce does NOT (yet) have any such description, and since he has boxers with a rune, it is unlikely he'll need one.
    ... As long as he takes them off to wash them from time to time. :s

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Dar doesn't change clothes often but I spare a few lines for wardrobe. I have accumulated about fourteen versions over the course of his life, representing various ages, affiliations, and emotional states.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I have a few description variants that I sometimes switch between, based on what skills I'm running at any given time. For instance, if I'm Ecology and deepbonded with an owl, I usually add wings to my description - as the resultant flying ability references wings. 

I haven't actually updated any of my descriptions for... years though. I just switch between the and call it a day. 
  • Similar to Enyalida, I have variants for performing Bully, Sycophant, and Vagabond in Dramatics and have them aliased.
    Active: Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday EST

Is there a list somewhere of which herbs/old curatives are still being used on top of the old ones? Trying to write a guild supplies list is difficult as a Healer. :(

Before an earthly flight

• Rancoura said:
    Is there a list somewhere of which herbs/old curatives are still being used on top of the old ones? Trying to write a guild supplies list is difficult as a Healer. :(
    HELP CURELIST was recently updated. It is more or less accurate.
    Aha, wonderful! Much thanks to whichever admin got around to it.

Before an earthly flight

• edited September 2016
    @Xiran's bullying desc is the cutest thing I've ever seen.

Edit: does the Rune of Hiding work on artifact clothing? Like, if I had a sandals of haste, could I hide it with the rune of hiding?

Edit 2: Can children family acknowledge into the non-primary parent's family even if the parents are still married to each other?
    (clan): Falmiis says, "Aramelise, verb, 1. adorn with many flowers."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Aramel said:

Edit: does the Rune of Hiding work on artifact clothing? Like, if I had a sandals of haste, could I hide it with the rune of hiding?

Yes - I have one on my race hat so it is completely unseen!

• There are a very few random artifacts that runes of hiding do not work on.  If you're not sure, it's almost a certainty that runes of hiding works on whatever worn artifact you're considering.

Runes of hiding absolutely do work on sandals of haste.

• Thats odd, I can confirm the rune of hiding works on wings and race hats.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited September 2016
    Aramel said:

Edit 2: Can children family acknowledge into the non-primary parent's family even if the parents are still married to each other?
    I don't -think- so, but I've seen the family system do some weird things before.

My understanding is that you can acknowledge into either parent's family at any time, with an odd quirk that if your parent leaves a family you are currently a part of, you do not necessarily, even if that was only by marriage.

Like, for Adrian Mes'ard (p:Beatrice+Celia), Beatrice Mes'ard (b:Kalas) (m:Celia), and Deacon Ysav'rai (b:Ysav'rai)

If Beatrice and Celia get divorced, Adrian can either stay Mes'ard or ACKNOWLEDGE Kalas. If Beatrice then marries Deacon, Adrian can acknowledge either Mes'ard or Ysav'rai, but not Kalas. However the Kalas Adrian would stay until they did so, allowing access to the Kalas boards and channels as usual.

The fringe case that I'm not sure about is if Kalas Adrian (b:Mes'ard) (p:Beatrice+Celia (divorced)), Kalas Beatrice, Celia Ysav'rai (m:Deacon), can acknowledge Mes'ard to get back into it.

Meant to add that in either above case of parents marrying Deacon (that dashing rogue) and Adrian Ysav'rai becoming a Thing, then that parent divorcing Deacon (that dirty cad), Adrian stays Ysav'rai for the time.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Which, all of that being the case, I suddenly want to test it with an alt, but that would be HORRIBLY meta-gamey. It would open up some very interesting RP options though, like, @daraius goes to @phoebus and says "Look, we have an issue, so how about Luce marries into Windwhisper and adopts...I don't know, Tamashi, then the two divorce and marry the other way into Shevat for future children." the two shake on it and @sylandra rubs her hands in the background going 'Eeeeexcelent...' and simultaneously sipping tea.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    We concoct those scenarios all the time in the MMA. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Bah! Hypothetical-Phoebus would say, "that makes no sense why are you doing this" and continue to dislike how formal and arranged family matters are in Hallifax. Projects? Planning? Why not just let things happen more naturally?

Poor Phoebus. The one Hallifaxian whose family planning is based on love and friendship instead of paperwork and surveys.
  • Luce said:
    Aramel said:

I don't -think- so, but I've seen the family system do some weird things before.

My understanding is that you can acknowledge into either parent's family at any time, with an odd quirk that if your parent leaves a family you are currently a part of, you do not necessarily, even if that was only by marriage.

Like, for Adrian Mes'ard (p:Beatrice+Celia), Beatrice Mes'ard (b:Kalas) (m:Celia), and Deacon Ysav'rai (b:Ysav'rai)

If Beatrice and Celia get divorced, Adrian can either stay Mes'ard or ACKNOWLEDGE Kalas. If Beatrice then marries Deacon, Adrian can acknowledge either Mes'ard or Ysav'rai, but not Kalas. However the Kalas Adrian would stay until they did so, allowing access to the Kalas boards and channels as usual.

The fringe case that I'm not sure about is if Kalas Adrian (b:Mes'ard) (p:Beatrice+Celia (divorced)), Kalas Beatrice, Celia Ysav'rai (m:Deacon), can acknowledge Mes'ard to get back into it.

Meant to add that in either above case of parents marrying Deacon (that dashing rogue) and Adrian Ysav'rai becoming a Thing, then that parent divorcing Deacon (that dirty cad), Adrian stays Ysav'rai for the time.
    No way, Celia would never divorce lovely Beatrice!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Well, except that I heard Celia is about to orghop to Hallifax. Besides, you guys can pick up Adrian in the offing.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    But Adrian is already in Hallifax.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    That's allowed, but with Beatrice firmly in Gaudiguch...
  • Can aethergears be manipulated with Pliers?
    If you don't have an answer by tomorrow, give me a poke when I'm on and I'll check it out for you.
    Ixion said:
    Can aethergears be manipulated with Pliers?
    Working carefully with Pliers of Clangorum, you quickly detach a gnomish aethergear of influence (#96889) from a suit of midnight flight field plate (#5448).

• What is: "You feel your masochistic tendencies return."  I keep asking, but can't get an answer.
  • edited September 2016
     If you were attacked in enemy territory or anything like such you lose your masochiasm which is what allows you to attack yourself, and after a while of when the battle occurred you regain it.