Simple questions?

Comments

• Your doing the right thing, drain to motes then stop.

This wildenode thing is just something new.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Breandryn said:
    I've been told never drain them past motes. Once they hit motes, I unlink and do not touch the same node until it's back to crackling. Am I breaking a rule or doing something wrong? Nobody has mentioned anything to me until your post (which isn't really the nicest way to let me know I'm doing something wrong).
    99% sure Zoku was making a funny, not a *stab Breandryn to death* post.
  • Ah my bad. Had just woken up and I was too defensive. Apologies for that.
  • Does anyone know the titles of the soundtrack that plays on nexus client? Or maybe the composer? Been curious about this ever since starting Lusty.

Age: forever 28 / Sex: female / Location: where the Fates can't reach

• Why do novices have to graduate the collegium to use GNT? 
  • edited October 2016
    They don't need the gnt channel until they enter novicehood.
  • We just had a fairly long conversation back and forth with a newbie about Serenguard skills where our guild was using gnt and he was using cgt to reply (both Torgaddon and I are used to other IREs and didn't realize he couldn't talk on GNT until the end of the talk). I felt bad for spamming out the rest of the collegium, especially if there had been other novices to get overwhelmed by the non-relevant information.
  • Breandryn said:
    Why do novices have to graduate the collegium to use GNT? 
    Colleges were supposed to be specific to Commune/City, so the first half of their novice time would get them involved with their main org, everyone could help them on CGT and there wouldn't be a worry that a novice couldn't receive help because no guild members were around. The second half was just what we originally had, more guild specific, at this point you'd probably be more focused on working on your guild related stuff, etc. 

At least, this is how I remember it from when they first introduced the Collegium system. 

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Ah that makes sense. Should I be saving the more guild-focused stuff for until they've finished the Collegium?
  • Breandryn said:
    Ah that makes sense. Should I be saving the more guild-focused stuff for until they've finished the Collegium?
    Up to you, College time is pretty short if they're doing the quests as it focuses on the basic lore and mechanics of the game.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Breandryn said:
    Ah that makes sense. Should I be saving the more guild-focused stuff for until they've finished the Collegium?
    It doesn't make sense, actually. Colleges and the current intro don't work well together, and it's a big mess. We just make do with what we've got. And no, you don't need to worry about waiting to focus on guild stuff until they've finished the collegium.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited October 2016
    Everiine said:
    Breandryn said:
    It doesn't make sense, actually. Colleges and the current intro don't work well together, and it's a big mess. We just make do with what we've got. And no, you don't need to worry about waiting to focus on guild stuff until they've finished the collegium.
    You've got a disconnect between theory and reality going on here.

Yes, it does make sense... in theory.  The theory is exactly as was suggested by Dylara.  That is how the Administration "sees" it as being.

The reality is that little newfolk really should be getting the flavour of their guild from the get-go and should have access to GNT right away.  By divorcing newfolk from GNT and forcing them to the Collegium-only, you're actually cutting them off from their guildmates and dumping them on the org instead.

I know that, personally, the release of Collegiums is when I got fed up with the whole novice thing-- I used to have a complete novice intro / teaching routine (still have some of the aliases) for suggesting how they learn, giving them an intro to the Ebonguard, etc, but it just doesn't work any more.  They are mechanically not part of the guild until they graduate the Collegium any more, even though they show up on GWHO, and the whole situation does bother me.
  • Isn't that the goal of the new factions though? Seems from all the discussion they are sort of doing away with guilds/groups and pushing it into a commune/city focused rp and mechanics with the factions, sort of dilute the differences and force it all on the commune structures instead of the factions/guilds.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Veyils said:
    Isn't that the goal of the new factions though? Seems from all the discussion they are sort of doing away with guilds/groups and pushing it into a commune/city focused rp and mechanics with the factions, sort of dilute the differences and force it all on the commune structures instead of the factions/guilds.
    Unfortunately, if the intro never gets tweaked/fixed/burned in a fire where it belongs, the same problems will just replicate in whatever groups we create.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Is it too late to stop this faction thing?
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Rolsand said:
    Is it too late to stop this faction thing?
    Probably.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • edited October 2016
    How do you negate the effects of the passive *chemantics stuff? With bards you eat earwort or end the song. With regular mages/druids you read protection or break the meld. With ents, you separate them or kill the ents. Is there a similar thing for these walking meld guys?
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Talan said:
    How do you negate the effects of the passive *chemantics stuff? With bards you eat earwort or end the song. With regular mages/druids you read protection or break the meld. With ents, you separate them or kill the ents. Is there a similar thing for these walking meld guys?
    This would be the final nail in the coffin for chemwoods.
  • So there isn't one?
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    There isn't one, no. You have to leave the room.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

#NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • @Talan - I haven't PVP'd in a long time and it's all a little hazy, but I seem to remember lust/love potion being an absolute bitch for wyrdenwoods.
  • Everiine said:
    Veyils said:
    Isn't that the goal of the new factions though? Seems from all the discussion they are sort of doing away with guilds/groups and pushing it into a commune/city focused rp and mechanics with the factions, sort of dilute the differences and force it all on the commune structures instead of the factions/guilds.
    Unfortunately, if the intro never gets tweaked/fixed/burned in a fire where it belongs, the same problems will just replicate in whatever groups we create.
    Yea but I thought the problem you have with the intro is the solution we were aiming for the factions. Factions won't fix it because they are designed in the same nature of the generic intro to separate class and grouping. So the current intro fits right in with the proposed factions?
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Veyils said:
    Everiine said:
    Veyils said:
    Yea but I thought the problem you have with the intro is the solution we were aiming for the factions. Factions won't fix it because they are designed in the same nature of the generic intro to separate class and grouping. So the current intro fits right in with the proposed factions?
    The only place our current intro fits is in the trash can.  :disappointed:
  • On DEATHS, does it list each time you die to a specific person, or does it group them all together?

For example, it shows:
    6          Ixion                          2016/10/03 04:30:52
    (Ixion is apparently my bane)

Does that mean I died 6 times to him today, or 6 times total and today was most recent?
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    It groups all your deaths ever to a person.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Ah ok. I feel less bad about my death count from today, then, hehe. Thanks!
  • Breandryn said:
    On DEATHS, does it list each time you die to a specific person, or does it group them all together?

For example, it shows:
    6          Ixion                          2016/10/03 04:30:52
    (Ixion is apparently my bane)

Does that mean I died 6 times to him today, or 6 times total and today was most recent?
    Meh, i've died over 50 times to Avu.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    My DEATHS had some absurd numbers on my active combattant. Like, 30 deaths to Urazial, more to Celina, about 2 dozen to Marie...What's absurd about them is the bulk of them could have started with "So I was sitting on Celestia, minding my own business, when..."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Talan said:
    So there isn't one?
    Blind them, unless that's changed. Shields also block woodchem passives.

Love potion is still really annoying to chems who are bothering to try and use their bombs, but that's... kind of a rare case for most types of woodchem.