Simple questions?

Comments

• edited October 2016
    Breandryn said:
    On DEATHS, does it list each time you die to a specific person, or does it group them all together?

For example, it shows:
    6          Ixion                          2016/10/03 04:30:52
    (Ixion is apparently my bane)

Does that mean I died 6 times to him today, or 6 times total and today was most recent?
    4 of them were in that fight. The date just shows the most recent, and number is total ever, yes. (At least since the system was put in place years back)

Do you remember what this was, bleeding?

A large, rectangular gateway opens up near you and as you hear the laughing voice of Yarith, Breandryn is drawn through.
    You have slain Breandryn.
    Gained 1 essence

• edited October 2016

3 ) Yarith: "I empressed you and you died from bruising when I portaled you."
    4 ) Yarith: "Alas."

Edit: I am only worth 1 essence? :(
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Ixion's probably at or near the soft-cap.
  • edited October 2016
    My first bruising kill I think!

(Everything is 1 essence sadly. You're a juicier 1 essence if that helps)
  • Does anyone got a guide for any curio quests?
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Ixion said:
    My first bruising kill I think!

(Everything is 1 essence sadly. You're a juicier 1 essence if that helps)
    Once you hit the cap, is everything one essence, or do things like rats not count?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • It's a diminishing return cap, but if you get high enough everything is 1 essence yes. Eels are the best, but rats count just like any other source of xp.
  • edited October 2016
    A charge of energy flows through your soul.

What is this and why does it keep ticking on me?

EDIT: Ohh just figured it out, its the lucicidan racial perk for demi, just got demi and didnt realise.
  • Veyils said:
    A charge of energy flows through your soul.

What is this and why does it keep ticking on me?
    You're a lucidian outside, that's your power regen racial ability
  • Oh thanks for that I sort of just figured it out as you posted, I was searching through my defences going like what is this! Trying to see if anything is new then I saw my power was like 107% and was like whhhat how did that happen? Then I realised oh demi racial powers!
  • Veyils said:
     just got demi
    Grats!
  • Is there a think emote here? Like, a command or syntax you can type that displays an output that only you - and people who can read your mind, like gods - can see?
  • tells?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• No, I mean for things your character is thinking to themself. It was a cool emote option in Aetolia to let your character think things internally, which gods/telepaths/anyone who can see commands could then see and RP off of.

Eg,

You bow to Drocilla. 

>Dayum, Drocilla is looking fine today.

Drocilla flashes you a saucy wink.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    You have to emote it out, unfortunately, and there's no way to make it so that only telepaths and gods can see it.
  • Technically if you just type in a command the high ups can see it.

So like if you just do "what is going on" they can see your command input.

Not sure if the gods can do it but I know the other admin and such in ire games can.
  • edited October 2016
    Right, but from a roleplay standpoint, it's quite nice to "see" a think output and it makes it clear that you're intentionally RPing, not making a typo or errored command. I was just wondering if this command exists. Seems not.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Yeah, it doesn't exist in that capacity. I've definitely sent thoughts in tells to players that gods have reacted to before, though! 
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Well... it kinda does? IIRC there's an "echo" command that just echoes back the text.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I hadn't thought of using echo for that, but I probably will now. I would like the idea for what Breandryn's describing, though, just so that way I'd have an excuse to be a telepath again.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Gods have the same ability as the True Crown; they can hear all tells sent to / by all players in their room.  Be careful when Gods are around and don't send out things you don't want them to take note of!

Pretty sure they will only see things that you type in if they are explicitly watching you, though (it would get awfully spammy if they saw every single thing that every player in the room types in).

Is Echo an actual game thing, or a Mudlet thing?  I don't remember ever seeing it, but definitely has some uses if so (not so much for this as for testing purposes, I usually just use #say but have to do it twice to get it on a newline to match triggers).
  • echo is an in-game thing. The syntax is "echo <text>". Personally, I also use it as a "lagometer" of sorts; if I sip and echo something, I know that by the time that echo comes back I should've sipped. Not sure if it's affected by stupidity though.
  • This is perfect, thank you! I'll totally use this for thoughts. I RP a lot with myself (and my ents) when I wander around exploring, shh.
  • how does the ability to infuse, fortify and preserve during cooking work with the portions skill? does it transfer to all the portions or do I have t o guess how many portions will be made and have that much stuff out?
  • Are there many level high level bashing areas? All I've found is Icewynd, the Undervault and Astral. What are some others places I can try?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Lirangsha, Illithoid, Catacombs, waste facility are all good options!

• Muud is pretty end-game as far as bashing areas go. There are parts of it that are harder to do than Lirang'sha, imo.

• Bash the Dread Lord of Contagion. That's pretty end game.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Just remember, if you get in trouble, leave the room and close the door. He'll knock and wait politely for you to open the door again (please tell me he still does that...).
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Ixion said:
    Bash the Dread Lord of Contagion. That's pretty end game.
    We can't all be Ixions, Ixion. :(

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight