QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• Confirmed, Aeldra let the dogs out.
  • edited September 2016
    Two quotes from a fun hunt:

Initiate Saz, of the Hart says to Ymuli, "What are the blanknotes for?"

Ymuli Strongleaf, of the Curious Heart says, "It allows you to hear my song, which will assist you with various things."

Wildeflower Aramel Strongleaf says, "So that we can hear Ymuli sing."

Wildeflower Aramel Strongleaf says, "Which may or may not be a good thing, under most circumstances, but is useful for making me want to kill things extra vengefully right now."

Aramel hums a happy tune.

Ymuli Strongleaf, of the Curious Heart says, "In spring, my song will heal your wounds. Summer will soothe your ego. And bequietAramel."

Wildeflower Aramel Strongleaf says, "Oh, which is it that makes me want to hit things extra hard, then? Is that winter?"

Ymuli Strongleaf, of the Curious Heart says, "Do you mean Celebration?"

Aramel nods her head emphatically.

Wildeflower Aramel Strongleaf says, "Oh, yes, probably."

Ymuli Strongleaf, of the Curious Heart says, "That happens all the time I have my song invested for hunting."

Ymuli beams broadly.

Wildeflower Aramel Strongleaf says, "I knew it."

Initiate Saz, of the Hart says to Ymuli, "It's quite alright, I am violent enough without such boons."

Ymuli Strongleaf, of the Curious Heart laughingly says to Saz, "You have them anyway!"

Ymuli Strongleaf, of the Curious Heart says, "It is a passive effect of being my ally when I am playing my song."

Wildeflower Aramel Strongleaf says, "It's a passive effect of listening to Ymuli's song at all."

Aramel nods her head sagely.

----------

And speaking of burns:

Wildeflower Aramel Strongleaf says, "Can we get rid of the briar walls?"

Heirophant Eolae, Beloved of the White Hart says, "Ignite is the only way."

Aramel points a rope ring at Eolae, and sparks fly out of it.
    Flames erupt on Eolae's skin, blistering his flesh.

Aramel peers about herself unscrupulously.

Wildeflower Aramel Strongleaf says, "Sorry."

Heirophant Eolae, Beloved of the White Hart says, "Did you just light me on fire?"

Ymuli Strongleaf, of the Curious Heart says, "Only a little."

Edit:

Aramel points a rope ring at Saz, and sparks fly out of it.
    Flames erupt on Saz's skin, blistering his flesh.

Aramel peers about herself unscrupulously.

Wildeflower Aramel Strongleaf says, "Whyyyy."
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    It's okay, @Aramel, I lit @Shango on fire twice during wildnodes because my syntax was broken. :(

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• I kept trying to POINT IGNITE AT E and POINT IGNITE AT S.
    (clan): Falmiis says, "Aramelise, verb, 1. adorn with many flowers."
  • Kilee said:

Well I guess now's a good time to alt in Seren. 
  • Kilee said:

Well I guess now's a good time to alt in Seren. 

Make the Xynthin timeline a reality
    Your numbers today are:
  • Ever since I made Rideta, I've realized the terrible error of my ways in naming preferences. Namely, thanks to the sheer number of people who try to RIDE <thing> or something similar. I imagine others with names that begin with 'T,' or share a similarity to another common command feel my pain. Every now and then, though, I get something a bit more interesting than, 'pony.'

Issey tells you, "Warrior."

Issey tells you, "No stop."

You tell Issey, Echo of the Wyrd, "You... you are trying to.. Hmm!"
    (Magnagora): Thax says, "My truest favour to the soldier that brings me the weave of Neos."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Frankly, I use X <thing> when setting a target, in part because it's less likely to mis into something else, plus fullname on and nametells off.
  • You're probably right Xenthos, but the mental image always amused me. :smiley:
    (Magnagora): Thax says, "My truest favour to the soldier that brings me the weave of Neos."
  • On occasion, I get tells with "s" or "e" etc.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I've long since learned you don't start a name here with 'tel', 'sy', or 'ay'. 'cas' is probably out too, but less often.
  • I do get a lot of tells from newbies calling me a fink.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • I get a lot of tells from what I assume are meant to be ct.
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Early on there was a character named Eve. We got our tells and things SO mixed up.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Rideta said:
    Ever since I made Rideta, I've realized the terrible error of my ways in naming preferences. Namely, thanks to the sheer number of people who try to RIDE <thing> or something similar. I imagine others with names that begin with 'T,' or share a similarity to another common command feel my pain. Every now and then, though, I get something a bit more interesting than, 'pony.'

Issey tells you, "Warrior."

Issey tells you, "No stop."

You tell Issey, Echo of the Wyrd, "You... you are trying to.. Hmm!"
    r is my raze/blanknote alias that I didn't set up properly on my end so I ended up sending r warrior :(
    Your numbers today are:
  • Talan said:
    I do get a lot of tells from newbies calling me a fink.

Those weren't accidents though, you dirty fink.

<3
  • edited September 2016
    I get tells of player descriptions. Some are pretty interesting.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Note to self, add "He-" and "She-" to my list. 
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Luce said:
    I've long since learned you don't start a name here with 'tel', 'sy', or 'ay'. 'cas' is probably out too, but less often.
    What about "ge"?  People try to do "get" and get "gt" all the time, I'm sure "ge" has to happen a lot as well.  Also ta (take) and pu (put).
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I feel like a lot of the Tel, Sy, and Ay are because keystrokes are happening too fast and the buffer is either missing or intentionally ignoring some (or the brain skips them, I've had both but the first is more common for me.). I might see Tae and Pu happening like that too, and maybe someone like Gero getting a lot of Soandso tells you, "T gold." (again, I tend to just use g for that when I can, for that reason, and not at all because I'm lazy.)
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Can confirm - I get lots of tells that sound like they are talking to me, but it's really just a 'say' gone wrong.

And then sometimes I get mudsex says

I should start saving those ones

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Hilarious and awkward, both accounts @Synkarin and @Eldanien
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    @Synkarin it is the curse of the "Sy" names.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Almost tempting to make a Emte- or Emot- name just to see the weirdness that would inspire. It would end up being a lottery at that rate.
  • Tamashi said:
    Almost tempting to make a Emte- or Emot- name just to see the weirdness that would inspire. It would end up being a lottery at that rate.
    That just sounds like your asking for trouble :dizzy:
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I get...

p health/mana/bromides tells :D 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback