Simple questions?

Comments

• Mine doesn't show up on clothinglist.
  • What do finks look like? I assumed they looked like skinless mutated rat people but now I am not too sure.

🌈💕✨💖

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited October 2016
    Do you mean furless? Skinless is a little drastic :x

edit: and to answer, not really. They're repeatedly described as having smooth pink scales -- so not exactly skin.

• I always kind of thought of them akin to hairless molerats. /shrug
    (Magnagora): Thax says, "My truest favour to the soldier that brings me the weave of Neos."
  • Pretty sure they look like ugly weasels. Can't remember if they have fur or not, been a while since I've been in Newton or Mucklemarsh.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I've evidently been laboring under the misapprehension that finks were actual real life animals akin to ferrets, weasels or minks for... my entire life. Weird. Berenstain bears, move over. New conspiracy on the block.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    My mental image is scaly rat-people with pink scales and beady eyes and mottled patches of hair. And probably the worst teeth. I know they have pink scales in descs, but I don't know if the rest of my mental image is correct or not. Official racial appearance guidelines for finks would be much appreciated! 

I'm completely certain that most of them don't have wings, but for some reason, Momma Mia does. I did a double-take when the line about getting transported by her to the top of the mountain mentioned wings, and sure enough, she's got bat wings (I think bat? Been a bit.) What? Momma Mia, how'd you manage that?
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    According to admin and player-constructed lore on finks, only fink matriarchs have the ability to grow usable wings, and only females in general the ability to grow wings at all. Just something I remember from way back when I had a smelly fink in my order.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Rats with wings! I really want to know what poor Fininkora looked like originally. Was she some manner of adorable mousepigeon?
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    My visual for finks is the following image, with pink scaly skin visible underneath and females having purple/black wings. 

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • What does it look like when the cooking cup procs the double portions? I have yet to see it, despite just cooking 2k fish worth of fishfeed with a spatula and cup. Maybe I'm doing something wrong by wielding the cup, or maybe I'm just singularly unlucky. Just wondering what it actually looks like.
  • My goop nose shows as "poor" also. Is that negative prestige? My tailored shoes also show as poor.
    (clan): Falmiis says, "Aramelise, verb, 1. adorn with many flowers."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

• You lay your hands upon a power node and feel the latent power within. Closing your eyes, you direct the flowing currents of energy through your headdress, focusing on touching the Eternal Flame. You are now a living link between the two sources of power, and you feel the Nexus channeling the power of the node.
    Your link to your Nexus boosts the flow of power.

This is new to me. What is it?
  • Breandryn said:

You lay your hands upon a power node and feel the latent power within. Closing your eyes, you direct the flowing currents of energy through your headdress, focusing on touching the Eternal Flame. You are now a living link between the two sources of power, and you feel the Nexus channeling the power of the node.
    Your link to your Nexus boosts the flow of power.

This is new to me. What is it?
    The time between power sapping ticks has decreased.

• edited October 2016
    Power sapping? Like the affliction? I am coning, here.

Edit: Not seeing any changelogs :/

Edit 2: Sorry to everyone, I hit below motes just now. Things look different! Redoing coding >_<
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    @Breandryn You probably have a nexus headdress and were using your guardian link type thing? Basically if you have the ability to link to your nexus on your own ( read: being wiccan/guardian ), it'll boost the speed at which you link instead. Also, remember, that the guardian abilities ( and the wiccan ones ) drain 10 power at a time, so nodes go down quickly.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Quick fix i found for motes was ql everytime you draw a link, the message stays the same everytime, then just trigger the motes room message to unlink node
  • Aeldra said:
    @Breandryn You probably have a nexus headdress and were using your guardian link type thing? Basically if you have the ability to link to your nexus on your own ( read: being wiccan/guardian ), it'll boost the speed at which you link instead. Also, remember, that the guardian abilities ( and the wiccan ones ) drain 10 power at a time, so nodes go down quickly.
    That's what it was! It was going sooooo fast. That's cool, though - I love how Lusty has options to make skill-giving artifacts a little boost if you have the skill already. I don't feel like I need to tradein the arti!
  • Anyone remember how to activate the ~2 year old org lamps?

These things:
    - a flame-painted lamp of brilliant copper
    - an antique lamp of mosaic wonders

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    LIGHT LAMP, innit?
  • edited November 2016
    Yes, thank you.

Here's another question: What's the difference between restricted and secret access for private libraries?
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Assuming that they work like city libraries, it's just the degree of classification. Can't view either of them without permission, but people with restricted access still can't view secret.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Can you customize wonder items?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Not sure if it has been asked, but my bet is that:
    1) It is mechanically possible, and
    2) If you customize it and then later transform the item (or get forced to transform it), it will lose whatever custom name you gave it and quite happily transform (but will probably keep the new long description since that doesn't seem to change on transforms, only the short name).

Because of that, it is possible that they may just not allow it so as to avoid someone undoing their customization, but would have to ask.  Email artifacts at lusternia.com for clarification.
  • Ok, thanks! I love the concept of wonderitems, but I'm not a huge fan of proper nouns in items, so I wouldn't transform it! 

That's a lie. I probably would out of curiosity, and promptly break it. >_<
  • Does anyone have a list of the curios in the jewelry curio collections and their piece format (Are they are all '<piece number> shard of a <set name>'? what about the rare?)

What about the piece (common and rare) format of the trade curios if they are similar? if not, a list of the pieces would be nice.
  • Breandryn said:
    Ok, thanks! I love the concept of wonderitems, but I'm not a huge fan of proper nouns in items, so I wouldn't transform it! 

That's a lie. I probably would out of curiosity, and promptly break it. >_<
    Per email reply, for anyone else who is interested: You CAN customize wonder items, but if they are transformed you lose the short description. So, @Xenthos was pretty spot on, BUT they will do it. 
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Ayisdra said:
    Does anyone have a list of the curios in the jewelry curio collections and their piece format (Are they are all '<piece number> shard of a <set name>'? what about the rare?)

What about the piece (common and rare) format of the trade curios if they are similar? if not, a list of the pieces would be nice.
    You have Nth shard of <this> jewel (1-9). The rare is the clasp.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Has anyone seen Lisaera lately?

Simpler question: if something doesn't have a decay time, is it safe to assume it won't decay?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.