Simple questions?

Comments

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Iosai with the new CUSTOMISE features, will we finally be able to customise our hair curios? Is there ever a point when we will be able to?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:
    @Iosai with the new CUSTOMISE features, will we finally be able to customise our hair curios? Is there ever a point when we will be able to?
    This isn't on the cards at the moment but that's not to say it won't come in the future.
  • edited November 2016
    Shuyin said:
    Sparring doesn't get me anything except that it makes my enemies better at fighting me. if they're gonna get that, I wanna get paid in credits or salt.

Pathetic

edit: or potentially whoosh?

Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Ciaran said:
    Shuyin said:
    Sparring doesn't get me anything except that it makes my enemies better at fighting me. if they're gonna get that, I wanna get paid in credits or salt.

Pathetic

You took what Shuyin said seriously? So sad.

Shuyin is one of the people who will happily tell enemies what they did wrong and how to fix it.
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited November 2016
    Am I gonna have to explain this again lol. I will spell it out without the cheekiness. This is gonna be the second time I have to explain this week.

I'm not gonna spar you for 6 hours because you want to learn about the game (ignoring my personal opinion that sparring isn't really all that's cracked up to be, but it's certainly good for learning -  see prior statements). That's boring to me and I'm under no obligation to do that.

I'd rather do it when I feel like it or when I'm gonna get something out of it.
  • Nobody is obligated to spar, but trying to hide your class skills so you can catch people by surprise is super lame.

I just saw the comment and got mad.  If it was sarcasm, my b.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    not illu atm anyway, I'm faffing about with other classes
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Ciaran said:
    Nobody is obligated to spar, but trying to hide your class skills so you can catch people by surprise is super lame.

I just saw the comment and got mad.  If it was sarcasm, my b.
    You've never held off on a strategy before so you can hit people by surprise later?

I mean once a strat is out there, it's out there, but to always be up front with everyone all the time? I think that's asking a lot of people.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited November 2016
    I'm not talking about keeping a sneaky good strat, but denying people spars so they'll suck when the real fights go down is lame.  On that point we're talking past each other a bit.

Someone is asking you to spar them for 6 hours just to tweak their curing is equally lame. I have definitely done this, but it's asking a big favor, not something I would expect.  I would be annoyed if someone is refusing to spar me just so I can't get spix lines or something.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    So... is this sudden inability to radiate Healing auras a planned thing, or did the syntax change, or...?

Not seeing any changelogs or announces related to it?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Is there a way to make custom statues? I know you can use figures and change your description. But is there kind of a backalley way like how you can make custom paintings with manses?

• What are the landing/takeoff/etc. messages given by the aethergear of flying when attached to armour? I'm debating getting them instead of wings, but I'm not sure I want to if they're super high-tech seeming.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Rancoura said:
    So... is this sudden inability to radiate Healing auras a planned thing, or did the syntax change, or...?

It's broken for me too and I'm not aware of any changes of any sort regarding that as well.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • I too found out it was broken during the Supernal raid. :P
    (clan): Falmiis says, "Aramelise, verb, 1. adorn with many flowers."
  • Aeldra said:
    Rancoura said:

It's broken for me too and I'm not aware of any changes of any sort regarding that as well.
    Seems to be auras a nd cure me both are broken. Healing and cure others still worked. I bugged it. Hope it's better soon, or the healing overhaul is coming out. 
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Having the overhaul come around would be the most amazing part of that, naturally. I am really looking forward to it.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Does Lusternia have mortal builders? If so, how often is the call for those? 
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    HELP MORTALBUILDERS

• Ooh there is lots of info here. Thanks!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Pectus said:
    Is there a way to make custom statues? I know you can use figures and change your description. But is there kind of a backalley way like how you can make custom paintings with manses?

It is possible to customize statues with the customization command.

It is -not- possible to customize a sketch, amazingly enough.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Customising a single statue takes 50 credits and produces one custom statue.

Customising a sketch takes 65 credits and produces an infinite supply of custom statues and/or paintings.
    Infinite supply of one statue/painting/figurine. Which is really not as great or game breaking as it sounds.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    edited November 2016
    [spoiler]
    a sketch of Bollikin, the Whimsical

He is a radiant immortal and shorter than most other Divine. His eyes, a warm brown, flicker with a softness not often found among His larger brethren.  A haze obscures His true form, which seems to shift from one minute to the next into a different furred form. From a sly vulpine form to the almost jagged form of an echidna, each shape retains the general happiness and warmth of His smile and empathy though a bit of sadness glints from His eyes from time to time. A variety of flowers are braided into His fur, sweet-smelling and blooming with vitality and the pure joy of living. He is wearing a circlet of braided dogwood blossoms, a necklace of prancing sylvan creatures, and a wooden friendship bracelet with "Tae" scratched upon it.[/spoiler]

I only know this because I tried to customize a sketch once :(
  • How do I see publications from my city in the library? BROWSE seems to want to pull up all the prestige winners. Is there a way to just see what my org has published?
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    BROWSE PUBLISHER X should do it. If that's only pulling up prestige winners for you, something is broken.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • That did it! Thank you, didn't realize publisher was an option! :)
  • Is there a way to effectively 'sheathe' shields and orclach whips or am I doing the right thing in wielding and unwielding them?
  • edited November 2016
    What does the affliction 'relapsing' do? Also, WHATCURES still has it as cured by eating yarrow. Is that the case?

EDIT: Answered IG.
  • This isn't really a question about game mechanics, but have any of you failed uploding artisanals on account of the site keep saying 'the image could not be uploaded?" File size isn't the issue so I've no idea what's causing this.
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Just making absolutely sure before I start changing things: old tutorial put you to level 5, and modern tutorial spits you at level one or two, right?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.