Simple questions?

Comments

• I'm not saying you necessarily need to even have the class dormant,
    Just that... for example, somewhere among Serenwilde's five there should be someone who is going to feel knowledgeable enough in Spiritsinger to make changes to the class, that's all. Ideally, you'd just have five envoys that know at least every class in their org.
  • How do I withdraw money from the culture ministry? CITYWITHDRAW CULTURE # doesn't work, nor do lots of permutations of that.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    You don't.  Only Ambassador and Trade can withdraw money from their ministries.  Others are supposed to have their funds used by their abilities (librarian by publishing books, power by summoning guards, etc).  Unfortunately, Culture also has a *second* fund (the arena fund) that can only be managed at the Arena itself... so it gets more complicated, and you still can't use any of it.

You need helpful people with the right privs to shuffle money around to Ambassador or Trade and withdraw it for you.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It can be helpful to arrange for a clan bankaccount or locked chest with discretionary funds, for ministries that want to have some spending gold without needing to directly ask for all of it. 
  • How much can other orgs add to their nexus shield in an hour? For Gaudiguch, it is a max of 10.

(Disclosure: I feel like our end of the stick is a little shorter in this regard, but I want to verify this.)
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    Approximately 14 for Glom, but there is some downward pressure on that because if you gather more shadows too quickly it just poofs when you drop at the drums (no feather or shadow increase).  Yet the shadow is now gone and you have to wait for it to respawn-- if you are rushing, not paying attention and waste all 14 of them, it would then end up being 14 every two hours or so.
  • @Talan I remember a while back that this same issue was discussed. IIRC, Gaudiguch got the short end of the stick and Serenwilde got the long end (the other orgs were in the middle somewhere). It was chalked up to the #Uniqueness ideal.

It's definitely a pain, especially since the initiates quest has/had* some tendency to break.

*I haven't played Gaudi in a while, not sure if this is still the case.
    WHY WE FIGHT
    Accountability is necessary.
  • Is there actually a cap to alcohol tolerance, or does it work like prestige where there's an effective/descriptive cap (like royalty) but then it keeps going. I still sometimes get the message about my tolerance increasing even though I have been an unabashed alcoholic for quite a while.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • @Talan I remember a while back that this same issue was discussed. IIRC, Gaudiguch got the short end of the stick and Serenwilde got the long end (the other orgs were in the middle somewhere). It was chalked up to the #Uniqueness ideal.

It's definitely a pain, especially since the initiates quest has/had* some tendency to break.

*I haven't played Gaudi in a while, not sure if this is still the case.
    AFAIK its that communes earn two power for each leaf/feather, while citie  earn one for each person/sphere/etc. I think....
    But, w/glom we also use the exact same feathers for Crow Cloaks(which BT need to use the Crow skill as well as letting us influence the undead).
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Mag gets 2 power per beggar, of which there are 15. (though you used to only reliably find 12-13)

• edited December 2016
    Talan said:
    How much can other orgs add to their nexus shield in an hour? For Gaudiguch, it is a max of 10.

(Disclosure: I feel like our end of the stick is a little shorter in this regard, but I want to verify this.)
    Looks like 14 for Serenwilde too, though that's when it's done over the course of an hour, when someone returns a group all at once it looks like it's 10 (but they might have just missed the rest).

Unless someone else has grabbed one I can only get 13 leaves from Miakoda, the extra might be related to needing nuts?

Hallifax is probably the one I'd expect to be different because their nexus world gain is incorporated into their nexus quest, though it's possibly factored into doing colours rather than golden spheres?
  • What's the like, lore explanation for how Astrologers are able to summon meteors from outer space? Just "magic" or is there anything more to it?
  • Talan said:
    Is there actually a cap to alcohol tolerance, or does it work like prestige where there's an effective/descriptive cap (like royalty) but then it keeps going. I still sometimes get the message about my tolerance increasing even though I have been an unabashed alcoholic for quite a while.
    There is a cap, if I remember correctly, but tolerance also decays. It could be that it is decaying, and therefore everytime you drink to the usual tolerance building level, it triggers the message.

Either that or it'd display that message even if you're already at the cap.

• She has the leprechaun charm though so her tolerance will never reduce.
  • Probably the second case, then, unless I'm wrong about the cap.

• Hmm I'm building my tolerance up now so we can test when I get to raging alcoholic. I'll have just hit it and Talan will have had like a long time to build to a potentially higher level. Then we can get drunk and see who gets drunk quicker.

Can't think of a better test unless the admin can confirm the code or if a cap is present.
  • Has anybody seen the spectral beaker proc? I've had it since first week it came out and it hasn't proc'd even once.

Also, if a Godmin could comment on whether it will work if you do a batch of 10 (because double ten might not fit in the alembic)?

Thanks in advance!
  • Dhani has it and was raving about the beaker procing. Not seen him around in a while though
  • Why don't bixes work indoors?
    Not a complaint, just curious if its a coding thing or what the reasoning is?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• I want to guess it's legacy code from when Lusternia was built up from Achaea. Bixes are basically Achaeas wings which were out door only due to you know wings. Then it's just one of them things that's just how it's always been why change now?
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Blocking it from working indoors might be a thing put in to prevent it from being used in certain places, but I'm not sure.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • If you have been in a family with another person in that family, if you both reject said family, and are considered brother and sister, can you bloodbond and form a new family?
  • edited December 2016
    What abilites should I get on my beast for combat and bashing? I already have climb, bodyguard, poison, scale and battle.
  • And I have 380 training points left on it.
  • Rolsand said:
    What abilites should I get on my beast for combat and bashing? I already have climb, bodyguard, poison, scale and battle.

Battle, aggressive and bodyguard for bashing.

Gust, focus, poison, Chameleon for fighting.

Or thats what I've got anyway.
    Tylwyth said:
    Why don't bixes work indoors?
    Not a complaint, just curious if its a coding thing or what the reasoning is?
    Depends on the *blix and the location.  For example, bubblixes will work fine on their associated bubble when you are indoors.  Most blixes have a "known plane" requirement (or associated bubble), some can't be used when higher than Elemental, etc.
  • Can you put more than 1 archway artifact in your manse? If you do, do the ambients stack? Like 2= 20? Can you specify if you want night time or daytime only for them to activate?

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    If you stable beasts in an artifact stable of someone else and lose acess to that stable, can you still get the beasts from there through beast summon? I don't think I'll ever have that problem, but the paranoia has me asking.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • edited December 2016
    Aeldra said:
    If you stable beasts in an artifact stable of someone else and lose acess to that stable, can you still get the beasts from there through beast summon? I don't think I'll ever have that problem, but the paranoia has me asking.
    I think you can, I had this problem before. But I managed to summon my pony and just enroll it in another stable.

EDIT: Adding my own questions, is there a way to see where portal/rifts take you? I'm going through every rift in crystal meadows is just tedious.
  • Anita said:

EDIT: Adding my own questions, is there a way to see where portal/rifts take you? I'm going through every rift in crystal meadows is just tedious.
    Trans Planar will let you do this.