Simple questions?

Comments

• Thanks! What a thing it would have been to rp as twelve...:(
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • Xeii said:
    Thanks! What a thing it would have been to rp as twelve...:(
    If I'm understanding Shaddus's implications correctly... That's probably one of the last things you'd have wanted to do...

:s 
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • Maligorn said:
    Glamours can and will help you stay alive while also being relevant, but Dramaturgy wouldn't be so bad. You can embed scenes with Confusion, which makes it already immediately useful to a saplock, for instance, and Sensitivity for Gore. I can see the transcendent skill Climax also being useful in that situation.

EDIT: Addendum, if you think you're going to be defending solo a lot, Ecology is the best choice imo. But I haven't played with that skillset.
    I was figuring that sensitivity, paranoia, paralysis, cluminess, and confusion for climax? 

Trying to figure things out, getting more incentive to make a commune-wide combat teaching clan to replace the guild specific ones >_>
  • Reylari said:
    Xeii said:
    If I'm understanding Shaddus's implications correctly... That's probably one of the last things you'd have wanted to do...

Hope that doesn't mean what I think it means...gulp
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • Xeii said:
    Reylari said:
    Xeii said:

Hope that doesn't mean what I think it means...gulp
    Unfortunately.
  • edited December 2016
    Mrak said:
    Is there some sort of logic behind the maze puzzle (maze like the one in the Wayfaire, not like the one in the Cay quest)? To be honest, someone just gave me the path for the Wayfaire one. I'm messing with another, but it seems like 1) "don't go the way that spits you back out at the beginning" is not a sufficient decision rule, and 2) there's no other feedback other than it spitting you back at the beginning. 
    Not all the things you think are mazes are actually mazes. Sometimes they're just rooms (single or multiple) that loop back on each other with a chance to shift you (rightly or wrongly) when you move, or move in a certain direction.

Sometimes there's an actual path, which you can figure out by patient trial and error. (Or in one case, by finding the map.) Dropping things helps (turn off acquisitio) - as does paying attention to the room numbers. In this case, there's usually a "wrong turn" room to which you get ejected, which leads back to the beginning.

If you're more specific, people can probably advise you which case you are dealing with.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Talan said:
    Mrak said:
    Is there some sort of logic behind the maze puzzle (maze like the one in the Wayfaire, not like the one in the Cay quest)? To be honest, someone just gave me the path for the Wayfaire one. I'm messing with another, but it seems like 1) "don't go the way that spits you back out at the beginning" is not a sufficient decision rule, and 2) there's no other feedback other than it spitting you back at the beginning. 
    Not all the things you think are mazes are actually mazes. Sometimes they're just rooms (single or multiple) that loop back on each other with a chance to shift you (rightly or wrongly) when you move, or move in a certain direction.

Sometimes there's an actual path, which you can figure out by patient trial and error. (Or in one case, by finding the map.) Dropping things helps (turn off acquisitio) - as does paying attention to the room numbers. In this case, there's usually a "wrong turn" room to which you get ejected, which leads back to the beginning.

If you're more specific, people can probably advise you which case you are dealing with.
    I will try a few more times, and if I'm unsuccessful, I'll ask a few people IG.
  • Does Lusternia send out a newsletter? How do I sign up for it? I used to get newsletters from all the games but have only gotten them sporadically for about 2 or 3 years now. Last one from Lusty is from October 2015.
  • Breandryn said:
    Does Lusternia send out a newsletter? How do I sign up for it? I used to get newsletters from all the games but have only gotten them sporadically for about 2 or 3 years now. Last one from Lusty is from October 2015.
    It is really only sent out at the end of a month when semi-major things have happen. Its been a while since Lusty has sent out anything.
  • Breandryn said:
    Does Lusternia send out a newsletter? How do I sign up for it? I used to get newsletters from all the games but have only gotten them sporadically for about 2 or 3 years now. Last one from Lusty is from October 2015.
    They put the newsletters on the site as well. 

https://www.lusternia.com/newsletters

Though the wildnodes dates on the newsletters have been off for months.
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • Is there a way to reliably know wildnodes days/times? I was told newsletter lol. I've missed like...all of them but I would adjust my Sunday plans to attend if I knew when they were due!
  • Every other Sunday. But no way to give a specific time.
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Crek said:
    Breandryn said:
    They put the newsletters on the site as well. 

https://www.lusternia.com/newsletters

Though the wildnodes dates on the newsletters have been off for months.
    I reported that as a bug the last time you complained on PF and they said they fixed it!
  • Wildnodes is every two weeks soo

Jan:
    1st
    15th 
    29th
    feb
    12th
    26th
    etc

Assuming it doesnt change ever or is stopped by something else.
  • Holy crap that means Christmas is this weekend, doesn't it. Oh noooooo
  • Breandryn said:
    Holy crap that means Christmas is this weekend, doesn't it. Oh noooooo

Yes Merry Christmas!
  • Shh I'm busy shopping!!!!!!!!! 
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    What does the Smoker's Pouch do now? Does it still produce myrtle/faeleaf/weed/coltsfoot, or does it only produce steam at this point?
  • Q: How do you submit a custom zap design? (I can't see in the POWERS entry, or HELP DEMIGODS)

Thanks in advance!
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Breandryn said:
    Holy crap that means Christmas is this weekend, doesn't it. Oh noooooo
    I long for the days when Christmas could sneak up on me :P .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Versalean said:
    Q: How do you submit a custom zap design? (I can't see in the POWERS entry, or HELP DEMIGODS)

Thanks in advance!

powers info customzap
    Info for CustomZap:

Syntax:  ZAP <person>
             CONFIG_ZAP
    Essence: 10,000
    Ability to ZAP any player who is outdoors and in their local area. The damage 
    type is electrical, while its source is magical and based partially upon the 
    Demigod's skill in Magic.

config_zap
    Syntax: CONFIG_ZAP <SHOW|1|3|1t|3t|Area>

Make sure you follow the guidelines at the end of HELP DEMIGOD!

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• edited December 2016
    My bad - the question was terribly worded, but thanks for taking time to answer. What I meant was, having written the zap, how do I submit it for approval? Apparently the answer is to ISSUE oneself!
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I have been trying to figure out the syntax for forming the new solstice artifacts. Peppermint/coal still shows me the syntax for last years artifacts and candygirl/coalboy kinda don't seem to work. I bugged it, but if anyone finds out' please let me know.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Versalean said:
    My bad - the question was terribly worded, but thanks for taking time to answer. What I meant was, having written the zap, how do I submit it for approval? Apparently the answer is to ISSUE oneself!
    i thought you were supposed to emial it?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• @tylwyth you can ISSUE ME to have your zap approved once it is written using CONFIG_ZAP as long as it follows the guidelines at the bottom of HELP DEMIGOD.
  • ....oh, that may be a while, trying to save my inspiration for increasing order rank.... 
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• If you're losing a battle but have a decent amount of time left do you still continue to fight or give up?
  • edited December 2016
    Is the loss insurmountable? If so, it'd probably be better to give it up. While combat experience is good, you won't get a whole lot from a colossally lost fight.

My opinion.
  • edited December 2016
    If you feel there's a chance to learn something and also have fun, then fight on no matter how many times you die, but recognising you have nothing more to learn from a conflict is a good time to to call it quits. it can be a tricky call to make, especially when your making it on behalf of other people in the team as well. It's why I've ran into fights threes times my size and won sometimes or lost sometimes and it's the same reason why I've stepped back from fights where my side has out numbered the enemy.  

I mean at the end of the day I always think if you can't answer yes to both learning and having fun then we'll just find something more fun to do.