Simple questions?

Comments

• edited December 2016
    Aeldra said:
    Another thing, are there non-obvious health regen buffs out there? I've been wondering for a while how people would get to 13/13, even with a rune and mercy I don't see getting there ( unless you happen to be loboshigaru ) or even close.

Warriors get to 13/13 with just class and common passive skills. I think they are the only one who can do so so easily. Others have to use temp buffs or power buffs.

But like Endurance and Veteran both 1/4, add in food 1/5,  yellow 1/5, life karma blessings  1/8. That'll get you 5. plus the artifact rune for 10. I can't remember what the divine blessing(from empowering order mobs) is exactly but add that on for 11?

Then most classes have a little bit of health boost 1 or 2 or something.

EDIT: Oh and maybe red genies for an extra boost?
  • I think she was asking for regen, not vitals. I'm curious as well.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Anyone own a traveler's cloak? Anyone have the description, and various action lines on it? What does TWIRL CLOAK do? What does CLOAK FLUX ON/OFF look like?
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Was talking about regen yes.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Ohh ok same thing you need odd stuff. Usually racials.

Mercy is 1, Nightwraith for me is 2, demigod is 1. Rune is five and athletics is 2 for a total of 11. I guess you may have other class skills for regeneration boosting as well.

But for example if I was in the forest as a faeling/elfen I'd get +4 or a lobo who gets +5, aslaran for outdoors get +2 etc etc.

So I can get 13/13 regeneration myself in certain environments as a faeling. I think most classes would need to be Loboshigaru to get the full 13/13 though.
  • Truefavours also give a 2/9 regen (to all), which with Mercy, construct(I believe all orgs have a construct to give regen), demigod, and the rune should put you at 13, or very close to it.
  • Ayisdra said:
    Truefavours also give a 2/9 regen (to all), which with Mercy, construct(I believe all orgs have a construct to give regen), demigod, and the rune should put you at 13, or very close to it.

The glom construct is 2/4 in ethereal or different construct 2/4 anywhere but only at night.
  • Are there ducks in Lusternia and if so where would you find them? Doesn't have to be a mob duck just even evidence of them would be nice.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Veyils said:
    Are there ducks in Lusternia and if so where would you find them? Doesn't have to be a mob duck just even evidence of them would be nice.
    There are ducks. I think Celest has a duck pond? Not 100% sure on that one.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Celest has a duck pond, yes
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Thank you
  • edited December 2016
    Not sure it has any ducks though....
    ...isn't there a zoo/habitat on mt avechna?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Kiakodan reserve. I think there might be a duck in the orchard section, but I only remember the quail(s)
  • Is this mythical duck for eating?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I think there is also an Astral insanity duck... which is evidence that ducks at least exist in our minds!
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Isn't it also the "duck-billed platypus", implying that ducks are a thing?
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Don't forget about the lesser duck-billed cherry woofler.
  • edited December 2016
    EDIT: Moved to ideas.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Xenthos said:
    I think there is also an Astral insanity duck... which is evidence that ducks at least exist in our minds!
    There are also smiley faces in Cactus weed, which certainly don't exist the way they do IRL in Lusternia, so grain of salt.
  • What skills should I trans?
  • That depends on what you want to achieve short-term/long-term, and what you already have.

Generally speaking, everyone wants to trans everything long-term (naturally), so if you have all your short-term goals met, you might as well start going down the general skillset list and transing them from top to bottom, if need be. If not, a good rule of thumb is to always prioritize your three guildskills first (with some exceptions).

• Lerad said:
    That depends on what you want to achieve short-term/long-term, and what you already have.

Generally speaking, everyone wants to trans everything long-term (naturally), so if you have all your short-term goals met, you might as well start going down the general skillset list and transing them from top to bottom, if need be. If not, a good rule of thumb is to always prioritize your three guildskills first (with some exceptions).
    Got Combat, Tracking, Knighthood/Bonecrusher, Discernment, Beastmastery and Environment. I'm pretty close with finishing off discipline.
  • Well, you might want to consider getting athletics, then. It's got a number of decent utility/support abilities.

Getting certain important abilities in planar will be good too, specifically conglut, if you don't have it yet. Getting your high/lowmagic to green/gedulah, as per usual combat norms, but after which, you're probably set unless you need something niche. You can then start transing skills for the sake of transing them. Possibly start with forging, if you really have nothing else to go for, for the armour if nothing else, etc.

• I got green in lowmagic and Athletics is kinda bad but something I might need to trans
  • Is dramaturgy good with Wildarrane at all? If I were in combat it'll mostly just be in a group or defending solo.

Mostly because the scenes look like they would be fun to play with.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited December 2016
    Glamours can and will help you stay alive while also being relevant, but Dramaturgy wouldn't be so bad. You can embed scenes with Confusion, which makes it already immediately useful to a saplock, for instance, and Sensitivity for Gore. I can see the transcendent skill Climax also being useful in that situation.

EDIT: Addendum, if you think you're going to be defending solo a lot, Ecology is the best choice imo. But I haven't played with that skillset.

• Is there some sort of logic behind the maze puzzle (maze like the one in the Wayfaire, not like the one in the Cay quest)? To be honest, someone just gave me the path for the Wayfaire one. I'm messing with another, but it seems like 1) "don't go the way that spits you back out at the beginning" is not a sufficient decision rule, and 2) there's no other feedback other than it spitting you back at the beginning. 
  • Try examining the room description and seeing if there is anything different about each room, even if they look the same at first glance. That was the key to the Wayfaire one.
  • Is there any precedent (in lore, or whatever) or possibility of someone entering the Portal before the age of 18?
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    At one point, people could come out of the Portal younger than 18, and could be de-aged down to 12. Then Stupid People Happened, and that is no longer the case.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.