Simple questions?

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    With trans Planar, it shows on SURVEY. It's kind of a problem in crystal meadows because some of the rifts lead to guard stacks or potentially distorted territories, which really sucks. Might have to start unweaving any that go to guard stacks again: if cities are going to insist on having rifts, put the Prime end just outside the gates instead of right on top of them (and guardstacks). 
  • Enyalida said:
    With trans Planar, it shows on SURVEY. It's kind of a problem in crystal meadows because some of the rifts lead to guard stacks or potentially distorted territories, which really sucks. Might have to start unweaving any that go to guard stacks again: if cities are going to insist on having rifts, put the Prime end just outside the gates instead of right on top of them (and guardstacks). 
    That's why I've been unweaving Magnagora's rifts every time I see them. Last time someone brought it up to me IG I told them if they just left them outside their gates like everyone else does the rifts would stay up, but they don't seem to care.
  • I've been going around this whole time thinking I was Trans - trans in all my other skills. I'm still at Mythical. All makes sense now. Thanks!
  • Anita said:
    I've been going around this whole time thinking I was Trans - trans in all my other skills. I'm still at Mythical. All makes sense now. Thanks!
    You could ask Qendyl :smile:
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Orventa said:
    Can you put more than 1 archway artifact in your manse? If you do, do the ambients stack? Like 2= 20? Can you specify if you want night time or daytime only for them to activate?
    I'm not sure if it's possible to have more than one archway, but you can definitely set them for daytime and nighttime.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• What happens when you learn more lessons than you need to trans a skill? So you only need 50 lessons to get to transcendent, but you LEARN 100 DISCIPLINE or whatever?

Relatedly, is there any way to figure out how far along you actually are in a skill when favoured?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Mrak said:
    What happens when you learn more lessons than you need to trans a skill? So you only need 50 lessons to get to transcendent, but you LEARN 100 DISCIPLINE or whatever?

Relatedly, is there any way to figure out how far along you actually are in a skill when favoured?
    Only the lessons needed will be used - even if you say 100 and it needs 50, you'll find only 50 get used up. And no, annoyingly.

• What should I do when Ciaran is going for discordantchord? The amount of damage I take from dchord is impossible to tank and the stun stops me from running.
    Run away before he does it. I too died to it, because I didn't expect him to follow up dchord with a 2.4k damage attack, you just have to move him out of his octave or walk out yourself before he can do it. 
  • Does octave have a certain time limit and can I tackle/barge him out of it? Whats the line for for octave?
    No time limit, you should be able to use any movement skill to push them out, provided you otherwise could use it. 
  • 2 questions!
    1. How do you get rid of dominators?
    2. How do you get rid of Forsaken warrios?

I feel lacking in influence material :(
    To get rid of dominators you have to do the quest there. A good place to start is finding and exploring the basement of the panopticon. It's doable for one person, provided you're pretty tanky. Otherwise, you can do almost all of it and bring in a friend or to for the end. 
  • So the dominators don't attack on sight light the forsaken do?
    They attack you if you walk into their room, speak/emote in their presence, or attack another dominator, yes. 
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Anita said:
    2 questions!

I might be going senile, so you want to doublecheck this with someone, but I'm pretty sure that getting rid of the dominators makes Lirangsha worse for influence. Pretty sure it reduces the number of krokani. I'm not enemied to the dominators, but I can't get them to attack me at all without attacking them first, so you should be fine.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Enyalida said:
    They attack you if you walk into their room, speak/emote in their presence, or attack another dominator, yes. 
    Only if you are enemied to the Goloths.

Portius said:
    Anita said:
    2 questions!

I might be going senile, so you want to doublecheck this with someone, but I'm pretty sure that getting rid of the dominators makes Lirangsha worse for influence. Pretty sure it reduces the number of krokani. I'm not enemied to the dominators, but I can't get them to attack me at all without attacking them first, so you should be fine.

Not... quite.  If you get rid of the dominators, you are supposed to empower the krokani.  If you empower them, the one you empowered poofs and it is replaced by another.  If dominators are around, once you kill the krokani it gets replaced by another (both ways, up until the "maximum" number of krokani is reached, which I think is about 80).

If you are just begging the krokani, then yes, getting rid of the dominators reduces the number available significantly.
    I thought it was the other around: When the dominators are gone the quest requires killing the krokani to help out the Goloth, so the krokani spawn through when you kill them. When the dominators are around you have to empower the krokani for the quest and more spawn when you influence the out ones. 
  • Yeah for influencing you want dominators to be around because there are more krokani around. Get someone to get amnesty to goloths for you if you are being attacked by the dominators.

If dominators are around you have to empower. If dominators aren't around you kill krokani.
  • Rolsand said:
    What should I do when Ciaran is going for discordantchord? The amount of damage I take from dchord is impossible to tank and the stun stops me from running.

Track the number of auric afflictions you have on you and run away to cure them up when you have two or three on you. The dcord brings me low enough that an attack and a proc will kill me and he can possibly get two attack in during the stun if the balance is good.

• Is there something like northern lights in the Basin anywhere? Just a design thing, don't want to incoporate something that doesn't exist IG.
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • Aerochemantics can create aurora, and Isune has themes with aurora also. Not entirely sure on the naturally occurring part though. Maybe in the snowy bits, or Icewynd.

• Ah, I thought Isune's auroras were just referring to the dawn. On that note--Does Isune paint sunsets as well as sunrises??
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited December 2016
    Oh yes. Dawn, noon and dusk are all themes of Isune. Zyphora, the Sun-in-Glory is Noon, and Talan was once the Sunset Empress. At least, that's how I see it.

• Thanks Mali! :smiley:

• Great! Thanks everyone :)

Influencing awaaaaaay!
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    So, I today found the first action that used equilibrium but didn't require balance for it ( can send messages while off-balance). I always though balance/eq were always just a way to split mental actions from physical ones, but you couldn't do both next to each other. Are there more actions that you can do side by side, equilibrium and balance? or is that just a rare exception?
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    It is a rare exception, but is valid.  There are some things that are intended to be able to accomplish when you just have the balance it consumes.
  • Stripp protection is the only one I can think off in Lusternia. BalanceEqui combos are a bit more common in other IRE games.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Another thing, are there non-obvious health regen buffs out there? I've been wondering for a while how people would get to 13/13, even with a rune and mercy I don't see getting there ( unless you happen to be loboshigaru ) or even close.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.