Simple Ideas

Comments

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Allow custom beasts to have their own customized beep beep!
  • Rivius said:
    Allow custom beasts to have their own customized beep beep!
    I have a sudden urge to make a Roadrunner pet...
  • When an enemy status is given, could the reason be automatically added as a DIPLOMACY COMMENT? Since we already have a handy system there, why not make use of it?

Also, make tea sets able to hold teas. Please? 
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Caerulo said:
    When an enemy status is given, could the reason be automatically added as a DIPLOMACY COMMENT? Since we already have a handy system there, why not make use of it?

I thought it already did that--when you enemy someone and provide a reason during the enemying, isn't it already noted in Diplomacy? I know that for those enemied before Diplomacy came in there's no record, but I thought it did this for everyone since then.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:
    Caerulo said:
    When an enemy status is given, could the reason be automatically added as a DIPLOMACY COMMENT? Since we already have a handy system there, why not make use of it?

I thought it already did that--when you enemy someone and provide a reason during the enemying, isn't it already noted in Diplomacy? I know that for those enemied before Diplomacy came in there's no record, but I thought it did this for everyone since then.
    Yes.
  • Ah, my bad, must have somehow managed to checked only those who were enemied before Diplomacy then.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    The part that annoys me most is when someone unenemies people instead of granting amnesty. When that is done, all of the reasons and comments poof.

This leaves you having to guess, which isn't really helpful for anyone involved.
  • Hrm, upon trying out the Diplomacy system again, I would like to revise my suggestion to:

Make the Ambassador's DIPLOMACY SUMMARY <person> to include comments and notes please?

So a sample would look something like:
    ***************[ Enemy Statuses Relevant To Your Organization ]****************
    Organization                                 Months    Amnesty       Fine 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pyromancers                                     n/a       none    not set
    Raiding Plane of Fire
    Firelords                                       n/a       none    not set
    Raiding Plane of Fire
    Gaudiguch                                       n/a       none    not set
    Raiding Fire Plane
    Also raided Vortex
    Vortex                                          n/a       none    not set
    Slaying a bulbous ribbachi
    Illuminati                                      n/a       none    not set
    Attacking Vortex
    *******************************************************************************
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Caerulo said:
    Hrm, upon trying out the Diplomacy system again, I would like to revise my suggestion to:

Make the Ambassador's DIPLOMACY SUMMARY <person> to include comments and notes please?

So a sample would look something like:
    ***************[ Enemy Statuses Relevant To Your Organization ]****************
    Organization                                 Months    Amnesty       Fine 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pyromancers                                     n/a       none    not set
    Raiding Plane of Fire
    Firelords                                       n/a       none    not set
    Raiding Plane of Fire
    Gaudiguch                                       n/a       none    not set
    Raiding Fire Plane
    Also raided Vortex
    Vortex                                          n/a       none    not set
    Slaying a bulbous ribbachi
    Illuminati                                      n/a       none    not set
    Attacking Vortex
    *******************************************************************************
    That's provided notes/comments are as short and concise as you show them to be. I know I try and provide as much information in notes as possible so people can get a clear picture of what happened and be able to make an informed decision when it comes to them deciding on an unenemying. I believe the longest note I've posted was a five-line 180 character per line message, so showing that would kind of defeat the purpose of it being a summary.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • I would like to see an ingame dictionary, with DICTIONARY: WORD to pull up the definition instantly. That would be awesome.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    So! With jewellery, the syntax to craft is CRAFT <blah>. In tailoring, it's SEW <blah>. With bookbinding, why is it BOOKBIND <PATTERN> <blah>, instead of just BOOKBIND <blah>? Making it simpler would be so much nicer! :)

• Lavinya said:
    So! With jewellery, the syntax to craft is CRAFT <blah>. In tailoring, it's SEW <blah>. With bookbinding, why is it BOOKBIND <PATTERN> <blah>, instead of just BOOKBIND <blah>? Making it simpler would be so much nicer! :)
    Isn't that extra syntax for attaching a person/org/horrifying unbeing to the book? Other crafts are MAKE <pattern>, bookbind is MAKE <pattern> FOR <whoever>. Unless you'd like to change how books work with regards to owners.

Oh, wait, stationery does have BOOKBIND STATIONERY <pattern> doesn't it, sup with that? That's probably what you're talking about.
  • Sakr said:
    I would like to see an ingame dictionary, with DICTIONARY: WORD to pull up the definition instantly. That would be awesome.
    You could go to google.com and type "definition:<word>" much faster than we could write an entire dictionary into the game.

edited May 2013
    The beauty of technology is that you don't have to write a dictionary!  You just need to pull a Watson.

We saved a ton of time and effort by doing this for spellchecking.  We didn't even make our own dictionary for that either.

Edit: Note that I'm not saying there needs to be a dictionary.  I'm quite happy with Googling.  I'm just pointing out it's less effort than you are implying!  Still more effort than it's worth, though.
  • Scythes as an axe weapon, I wanted it to be a PB weapon but not sure how you pull off a Jab without it looking like a punt or something <.<.
  • edited May 2013
    Simple to explain, perhaps not as simple to execute:

WHATDOES <affliction>

Gives a little message about what an affliction actually does. For instance:

WHATDOES BROKENRIGHTARM

Prevents items being wielded in your right hand (unless they have a fist sigil attached) and prevents you from using your right arm.

• How about a command to ask what an affliction does, like AFFINFO DISLOYALTY. It would return something like: Disloyalty makes all your loyal entourage attack you.
  • You mean like the idea just above yours? :P
  • Ssaliss said:
    You mean like the idea just above yours? :P
    ... yes. I only read the first half of your post before my BRILLIANT IDEA struck me. I was so excited that I didn't read the second half >_>
  • Add an optional syntax to the end of custom emotes that allows the user to perform the action of a pre-programmed emote.  This would cause the user to enter the pose of that emote or any other specific functions.  Example:

EMOTE unceremoniously plops to the ground with a thud, his massive paws resting gently on the ground between his sprawled legs. DO SIT

Would cause:

You have emoted: Kio unceremoniously plops to the ground with a thud, his massive paws resting gently on the ground between his sprawled legs.
    You have performed the emote: SIT

Others would see:

Kio unceremoniously plops to the ground with a thud, his massive paws resting gently on the ground between his sprawled legs.

Anyone who enters the room would see Kio sprawled on the ground as if he had performed the SIT emote.
  • Could it be possible to set multiple concurrent editors for scrolls, books, and such? There are times, especially with treaties and contracts, where having copies spread out across several individuals who can edit directly would be helpful. Thanks

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Or for projects. Being able to use a system like module permissions (Anyone who is in XYZ clan or is rank # in ABC organization or is QWE person and isn't RTY person... and so on) with projects would be extremely useful. Also, being able to see from PROJECTS if someone has edited the project since you last read it would be fantastic.
  • Maellio said:
    Could it be possible to set multiple concurrent editors for scrolls, books, and such? There are times, especially with treaties and contracts, where having copies spread out across several individuals who can edit directly would be helpful. Thanks
    You already can. I have a few books that are only readable and editable by a group of people. They are used to compile edits, discuss sensitive matters and such.

Llandros said:

Maellio said:

Could it be possible to set multiple concurrent editors for scrolls, books, and such? There are times, especially with treaties and contracts, where having copies spread out across several individuals who can edit directly would be helpful. Thanks

You already can. I have a few books that are only readable and editable by a group of people. They are used to compile edits, discuss sensitive matters and such.

That is an organization book, though (attuned to an order, a city, and so on). If it is possible to do one of these for a clan, though, that might get him what he is looking for (the ability to add and remove people to the list at will).

I prefer org books for that reason, though. They are not locked in to any specific individual.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Perhaps, rather than the artifact as mentioned in another thread, allowing covenants to hold a covenant rite, or include said covenant members for a guild rite?

• Please allow an ADD 40 ESSENCE syntax for the alembic, like you can do with herbs.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • edited May 2013
    Make Beastmastery Charging not end with a five? No other Beastmastery ability ends with a five, meaning you'll always have those five wasted trains. Make it 70 or 80 trains, just not 75.

Edit: Either way wouldn't affect beasts already trained with Charging, since the maximum you can have trained with Charging is 595.
  • Please please please can we make Nekotai - Scorpionspit have a unique syntax? As it is if you try to use it before every attack you end up spitting on people.  Can we make it SCORPIONSPIT <target> instead? Please?
  • Malarious said:
    Please please please can we make Nekotai - Scorpionspit have a unique syntax? As it is if you try to use it before every attack you end up spitting on people.  Can we make it SCORPIONSPIT <target> instead? Please?
    I was about to post the same thing.  I think it's pretty ridiculous that Athree got ISSUE'd for using it too much.  I almost choked IRL when she told me that.