Lusternian AMA

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Rapid fire time:

Non-Isune divine would be Maylea for the artist aspect, or Weiwae to see if he can help Him change His perception of Bollikin.

Ideal partner is driven and passionate about something, open minded, and patient. Fuzzy is a bonus. (Rheiss hits a lot of Luce's buttons because of the passion he shows for at and music.)

Ideal parents: Mal and Pejat hit a lot of the high points, encouraging him to leave his comfort zone without pushing too hard. Maligorn is the more passionate of the two, and Pejat the reasoned, but they both are wonderful e-rents

There is a quirk of Luce's that a couple of people are clued in on, but while it colors a lot of his habits and perceptions, I've never directly displayed it. It's come up indirectly, a couple times though. 

I actually wish Luce wasn't so firmly tied to Dreamweaver. I've wanted to pop him into Symphony or Institute one or twice, but can't.

Most embarrassing moment: completing the Star of Celest during a major event, and then walking away before the prophecy got delivered to a now empty room. I didn't know it was delivered at the beacon, and ran to the room I thought got it.

@anyone Is there anything you the player likes doing our having happen that your character(s) don't?
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited March 2017
     Nevermind!

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Luce said:
    @anyone Is there anything you the player likes doing our having happen that your character(s) don't?
    I like my characters experiencing conflict, Selenity not so much. If you mean something I enjoy my character doesn't that isn't something my character experiences...

... I LOVE watching wrestling.
  • Thinking of @Drocilla on this one, @Everybody have you seen any clothes on pinterest or elsewhere and thought it be perfect for your character?  Post some examples! 

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• edited March 2017
    Dylara said:
    Thinking of @Drocilla on this one, @Everybody have you seen any clothes on pinterest or elsewhere and thought it be perfect for your character?  Post some examples! 

Actually having someone design this for me, as I am not quite sure how to describe a sari myself.

• Nelras said:

@Everyone - is there another character that your character specifically looks up to or sees as a role model?

Dusiana has developed a deep respect for @Portius for his altruism and great skills.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Luce said:

I'm probably a Gaudiguchian in real life. I'm basically a lizard who wants to bask in the sun and who whines at the first brush of cold air. (You can ask @Krackenor to confirm this, I am the biggest wimp when it comes to snow.) Give me 90F weather any day, I'm all about heat and sunshine. Meanwhile Sylandra is a Jadicean bedecked in icy apparel.

Hmm, what else. I like teaching IRL but I hated doing anything GA-related as Sylandra. That was one of my least favorite things I ever did as her. That's probably just a weird OOC quirk on both accounts, but it's an odd distinction that seems to fit! Same deal re: real life editing vs being the Hallifaxian librarian.

Similar question: what are some random similarities between you and your character that you find amusing?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Sylandra said:
    Luce said:

I'm probably a Gaudiguchian in real life. I'm basically a lizard who wants to bask in the sun and who whines at the first brush of cold air. (You can ask @Krackenor to confirm this, I am the biggest wimp when it comes to snow.) Give me 90F weather any day, I'm all about heat and sunshine. Meanwhile Sylandra is a Jadicean bedecked in icy apparel.

Hmm, what else. I like teaching IRL but I hated doing anything GA-related as Sylandra. That was one of my least favorite things I ever did as her. That's probably just a weird OOC quirk on both accounts, but it's an odd distinction that seems to fit! Same deal re: real life editing vs being the Hallifaxian librarian.

Similar question: what are some random similarities between you and your character that you find amusing?
    Upon closer inspection we are both related to most of the people near us.

NYC. From three different parts of Italy and have some ancestors who were along the first to settle Rhode Island and New Amsterdam. As for Selenity... The family trees discussion says enough.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I guess I should clarify: I mean situations you love to put your character in, like Luce HATES performing feminine roles, wearing girly things, being mistaken for a girl, etc, but I live for that kind of awkwardness. Likewise that thing with @Breandryn, he'd probably aim Guardian mk II at Bob Junior, then Breandryn specifically for that conversation, but I loved every minute of both chats.
  • My favorite design I did was the Astral robes. My submission in the very first Beauty seal contest in fact
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Here's a fun question for @Everyone:
    You're RPing with someone, and everything's going along fine, until suddenly your mind goes blank! The interaction is threatened with awkward silence - what do you do?
  • scramble wildly for a pun or anecdote, or do the shifty eye emote
  • Phoebus said:
    You're RPing with someone, and everything's going along fine, until suddenly your mind goes blank! The interaction is threatened with awkward silence - what do you do?
    Throw Enfys or Malach at the situation >_>
  • Phoebus said:
    Tirah is kind of awkward at times, so it usually is not too bad. Usually she will unelegantly try to change the topic or give you some of her toys to get some reaction out of you.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Twitch ear, look at pocket watch, extract self.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Phoebus said:
    Try to finish off the conversation politely, say that I must "tend to my tah'vrai" and exit stage right. Easy escape.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Phoebus said:
    Have you been spying on my RP lately ;_;

I don't know. I'm bad at this. I guess I find a polite way to leave, then hide in a manse and do something else for awhile hahaha, hoping no one sends me a tell.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I like how many people would respond by running away, hahaha.
  • Phoebus said:
    Summon Turilira and let him have the spotlight for a few. Rping through mobiles, gotta love it.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Depends who I am with and how the RP has felt up to that point. Unless I am having an awesome day or just feeling really confident, I am usually fairly nervous and worried about bothering when I first RP with people, so the awkward silence would likely be interpreted as the person not wanting to RP with me, so I'd scram.

Someone I RP a lot with, like Xypher, I'm a lot more comfortable with and if there's a lull I'll just find a new direction for us to go, like bringing up a current event or an experiment we have discussed. Often I RP about things in the room descriptions or with mobs, so I can fill empty air with physical RP, emoting background actions like taking a bite out of a candy house or clearing paperwork from a table and that can sometimes lead us into a new arc. If things are still kinda uninspired, Xypher and I sometimes do tourist RP, where we just go to a zone and wander around, roleplaying out exploring and reacting to the rooms. I love that sort of RP when my brain is tired - you can still weave in character building details, but you can also give your mind a rest and just have fun exploring an area.
  • This is usually when my character starts to say strange things.
  • Bit late to the party, I am. And don't know that anyone really has any questions for me. But if anyone does... Shoot.
  • I've just gotten around to looking through the forums. I'm not particularly used to utilizing this form but it does seem fun. So feel free to ask anything of Xypher!