Lusternian AMA

Comments

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    I know nobody asked but I think Cleffa would totally fit with Selenity. Echoed Voice would have to be part of her Cleffa's moveset. Cleffa is not my favorite Pokemon though. That honor currently goes to Amaura.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Phoebus would either go Ampharos or Alolan Sandslash.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    I'm pretty stumped on what Rancoura would be, but I'm not familiar with all the new Pokemon either.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

Rancoura said:
    I'm pretty stumped on what Rancoura would be, but I'm not familiar with all the new Pokemon either.
    Maybe Mandibuzz?
    edited March 2017
    Hoaracle said:
    I was thinking Gothitelle but I thought maybe the flavor-text didn't fit? Ionno. Gothitelle certainly has the Rancoura look.

Edit: I mean, Mandibuzz kills Cubone and eats it... perhaps you can think of a Blacktalon more deserving of Mandibuzz rather than our Shadowdancer friend @Rancoura?
  • I am unsure. Maybe a Musharna.

But I definitively think Delphox should be the Pyromancer mascot.
    edited March 2017
    Hoaracle said:
    I... guess?

I don't know, I watched a few YouTube clips with Gothitelle and it seems a bit more uppity than Rancoura generally is.

I was looking for something elegant, maybe if like... there was an ethereal dark version of Articuno or something. Because also feathers.

@Selenity Also yea, no, Rancoura is not a vulture!

Before an earthly flight

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Rancoura I could see as a Mismagius.

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Why would a BT be a buzzard and not Honchkrow? Honchkrow
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
    edited March 2017
    So I totally misread the question and thought were were being asked what our characters would be rather than what our characters' partners would be. 

I agree with @Tremula. But also maybe an Articuno or a Mightyena or Lugia.

Edit: Or a Suicune.

Before an earthly flight

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited March 2017
    Hmm. If we're asking what Pokemon is most like us, I actually need to use Mimikyu or wobuffet. For reasons. Live would probably keep either Luxray or Zoroark. For reasons.

EDIT: Or Smeargle, Obv
    Crek said:
    Why would a BT be a buzzard and not Honchkrow? Honchkrow
    Ionno. I guess Mandibuzz just seems super BT to me. Could be both! Por que no los dos?

@Rancoura - Yes, partners! Mightyena would be a real interesting choice, ditto with Suicine. :D
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Tremula would definitely have a Garchomp.

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Hrm. If Orv were to be a pokemon, then Celebi all the way.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
    Psure if Selenity was a Pokemon she'd be a Sylveon.
  • Definitely Reylari in pokemon form.

When she grows up and evolves, she becomes fabulous.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • edited March 2017
    I want to see Celina as a really cool Gengar but, the truth is I'm probably just Exploud.

Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • Selenity said:
    Saran said:
    @Selenity It's not an ic thing. Just because the forests both have links to the fae there have been comparisons of Serenwilde to the Seelie court while Glomdoring gets compared to the Unseelie court.
    I know it's not an IC thing, I know about the Seelie and Unseelie Court from OOC methods myself (amongst them being my religion), I'm wondering which OOC books you're referring to. I can see how someone can draw comparisons between the Seelie Court and Serenwilde, but saying the Seelie Court seems nicer than Serenwilde... well, I'm curious which RL books you're referencing.
    Ah sorry, not really books just the random google searching/wiki stuff.

Like, in the nature wars it seems like we launched a guerilla attack in response to finding out about the lab rather than offering warnings. In modern times there has been rp where our allies are just based on usefulness, like we might reach out but also ready to stab a long time ally in the back if something better comes along. Summaries can be misleading but it just seems like Serenwilde has their less nice parts and not all of their nice parts, so it makes them less nice as a whole.
    Saran said:
    Selenity said:
    Saran said:
    @Selenity It's not an ic thing. Just because the forests both have links to the fae there have been comparisons of Serenwilde to the Seelie court while Glomdoring gets compared to the Unseelie court.
    I know it's not an IC thing, I know about the Seelie and Unseelie Court from OOC methods myself (amongst them being my religion), I'm wondering which OOC books you're referring to. I can see how someone can draw comparisons between the Seelie Court and Serenwilde, but saying the Seelie Court seems nicer than Serenwilde... well, I'm curious which RL books you're referencing.
    Ah sorry, not really books just the random google searching/wiki stuff.

Like, in the nature wars it seems like we launched a guerilla attack in response to finding out about the lab rather than offering warnings. In modern times there has been rp where our allies are just based on usefulness, like we might reach out but also ready to stab a long time ally in the back if something better comes along. Summaries can be misleading but it just seems like Serenwilde has their less nice parts and not all of their nice parts, so it makes them less nice as a whole.
    Seelie Court gives warnings to small offenses. But they quickly go way overboard because... well, they're fae, it's their thing. They're also known for kidnapping children and leaving their own children with humans a la cuckoo, then raising those children either very well or as slaves, depending on the Seelie in question. Seelie have the potential to be violent if they feel they're being provoked, but they don't look to cause trouble without reason. Unseelie on the other hand go "Oh it's a Tuesday, time to go make a cloak out of some random human's skin," from what I've learned about them.
  • Ah neat, maybe it's like a sterotype of the Seelie court then? Like people think Seelie, then think nice and fluffy, but miss the cloak of skin thing?
    Saran said:
    Ah neat, maybe it's like a sterotype of the Seelie court then? Like people think Seelie, then think nice and fluffy, but miss the cloak of skin thing?
    Cloak of skin is the Unseelie. It's more likely that due to the spread of Christianity to the area that Seelie were associated with more angel-like qualities, and Unseelie with more demon-like qualities. Similar problems/stereotypes happened to ancient religions and believes around the world (example: poor Loki almost being forced into a Satan-like role... I'm not saying He's innocent, but He's certainly not evil).
  • Ah blerg it's already been a long day -_-. 

Would they have the ancestral hatred thing? Like, Seren can entirely decide to raze a village because it was built... well full stop really, I guess we technically have a reason to attack any place associated with "civilisation" or the wyrd, but that reason could go back to the founding of the empire if not further >_>
    edited March 2017
    Saran said:
    Ah blerg it's already been a long day -_-. 

Would they have the ancestral hatred thing? Like, Seren can entirely decide to raze a village because it was built... well full stop really, I guess we technically have a reason to attack any place associated with "civilisation" or the wyrd, but that reason could go back to the founding of the empire if not further >_>
    If you are building on a place considered sacred to them, yes. Serenwilde considers all of nature sacred, so, again, yes. (Obvious note is obvious: The Wyrd is not natural... which might also have some Serenwilders split into two camps on how to treat Glomdoring - is it a Forest that's Wyrded but still a Forest and therefore Natural, or is it no longer Natural at all, but wholly Wyrd, with all life within Glomdoring being husks of their former selves?... which I also think lends to the variable nature of how Serenwilde treats Glomdoring, depending who's in power, what Maeve or whoever says, et cetera. Naturally I reserve the right to be wrong about Lusternian lore, Gods know I've had enough TIAs to knock most of the lore out of my head multiple times and I have to reread a lot of the lore pretty much weekly to just keep it in!)

Edit: But yeah, I'd say Serenwilde is slightly nicer than the Seelie court unless we start kidnapping the baby that the Gloms use for their ritual and replace it with some glamoured fae.
  • @Selenity I mean... there was that time we were kidnapping the baby and some people were killing it to ensure they couldn't do that ritual >_>
  • edited March 2017
    Sign me up! @Breandryn

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Saran said:
    @Selenity I mean... there was that time we were kidnapping the baby and some people were killing it to ensure they couldn't do that ritual >_>
    They weren't even replacing it or kidnapping it, just killing it and camping the crib for the respawn.

And then Stewartsville revolted over it.

#GlomMemories

• Vivet said:
    Saran said:
    @Selenity I mean... there was that time we were kidnapping the baby and some people were killing it to ensure they couldn't do that ritual >_>
    They weren't even replacing it or kidnapping it, just killing it and camping the crib for the respawn.

And then Stewartsville revolted over it.

#GlomMemories

There was some internal drama because some people were kidnapping it and others were killing it.

Really, we were doing it a favour either way >_>
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited March 2017
    Kinda like the time Celest used to kill the kids and their parents in the TBC to keep mag from raising it, and disfavored my Paladin for filing a complaint about it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.