Lusternian AMA

Comments

• edited March 2017
    Ushaara said:
    @anyone What isn't in Lusternia that you'd like to see? Can be lore, skills, whatever...

My own answer would be Ghalphalshi Swamps + hippos.
    I've been watching Magicians recently and now I want a fingertut/handseal skill. I imagine you'd form the shapes and it remembers a certain number, your other abilities would trigger when the list matches their requirement.

So an ability might need like... idk, the doe shape followed by the foal shape, and another needs that sequence followed by the buck shape. I guess if you've played Aetolia it's a bit like numerology but you're contemplating numbers in a sequence to get the effects rather than eliciting them. Though maybe some thing to confirm you want to use the power, so you can skip certain things.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I would love to see more cosmic planes! There seems to be so much untapped potential for new bizarre themes, I'd love to see more.

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Maligorn said:
    However unreasonable, I'd love to see analogs of the Glacial Sea and the Shattered Earth for Air and Fire.
    I remember asking about this once years ago, and in the case of Air, it was considered unlikely due to the fact that we're..."missing" our fifth elemental lord, ahem. But it'd be cool if it was able to be accessed as a "dead" elemental plane.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited March 2017
    Which reminds me, where is Fire's Fifth? Fled? Forlorn? Full-on Fantasy? Fill us in!
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Luce said:
    Which reminds me, where is Fire's Fifth? Fled? Forlorn? Full-on Fantasy? Fill us in!
    Gaudi is just very good at keeping its secrets.
  • edited March 2017
    Fyler said:
    Everyone: What is your biggest pet peeve in Lusternia?
    Stupid names/titles/pets/laurels that ruin immersion
    EDIT: Also, things that are player-made that force a reaction or emotional response that your character would not normally have
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Luce said:
    Gaudi uses it to fire the Lava Falls.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I looked up to Fillin and Narsrim because they almost always handed me my ass. I specifically remember seeing them enter the area and I'd feel stress and break out in a sweat because I'm about to have a bad time.

I'd like Lusternia to literally get the blademaster class from Achaea because I am a huge weeb. Otherwise, I'm down for a ranger/gun-using class.

Pet peeve: I hate people with named weapons/pets as part of the shortdesc. There's no way that I would know you're wielding the legendary Kappa, Bane of TwitchChat unless I probe it or you (the owner) gets a rep for it. Likewise, how would I know that your ManBearPig pet is actually Snuggles, the Squishy ManBearPig?
    Because it has a bubble hanging over it with the name, duh.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shuyin said:
     Likewise, how would I know that your ManBearPig pet is actually Snuggles, the Squishy ManBearPig?
    The same way you know the name of a player before they introduced themselves. Which I try to avoid doing, but most don't.
    edited March 2017
    I can excuse players because of PoF magic, but not pets. It's a peeve for a reason.
  • Think part of the issue is there are like no enchanters around half the time. Forgers are pretty rare as well. I like the idea of removing class links to professions.
  • edited March 2017
    ^--- Enchanter
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    ^--- Enchanter
    ^-----Enchanting and charming
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    ^---------Enchanter who sometimes pretends not to be online because she's tired but might be guilted into it if you ask nicely
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Fyler said:
    -Whoever is too arrogant. Veterans and newbies alike.
    -Whoever is inconsistent while RP.
    -The 50 rooms limit with landmarks in the nexus client.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Fyler said:
    It hasn't happened to me yet, but when people point out race hats and try to RP around it, it is pretty irritating.

• Shuyin said:
    Pet peeve: I hate people with named weapons/pets as part of the shortdesc. There's no way that I would know you're wielding the legendary Kappa, Bane of TwitchChat unless I probe it or you (the owner) gets a rep for it. Likewise, how would I know that your ManBearPig pet is actually Snuggles, the Squishy ManBearPig?
    Yephy, the giant cuttlefish

Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Oh, Cliche RP is a pet peeve of mine. Like "I can do anything because I'm EEEEVVIIIILLLL." Or Hallifax excessive paperwork RP. Or Gaudi frat party all the time RP. 

Moderation isn't the worst thing in the world. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Shuyin said:
    Do you RP that you don't instantly know everyone's name upon just looking at them then?
  • Okay but Night is the exception to the rule okay.
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
    Ayisdra said:
    Shuyin said:
    Do you RP that you don't instantly know everyone's name upon just looking at them then?

Shuyin said:
    I can excuse players because of PoF magic, but not pets. It's a peeve for a reason.

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    @Everyone

If your character was a cupcake, what flavor and/or icing would they be?