The Elder Wars Mafia! Morgfyre and Malmydia Win! (Lavinya/Ushaara)

Comments

• Selenity's vote count looks accurate. Not a lot of time left so people need to add their opinion/vote in today. =/
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Of the three people with votes on them, the only thing I'm ready to believe is that Lavinya isn't Illith.

With the amount of information in play now, it should be easier than it is, but after my misread of Sylandra I'm confusing myself when I try think things through.

Yomoigu:
    • N1: n/a
    • N2: jail Selenity
    • N3: n/a
    • N4: jail Shaddus
    • N5: jailed
    Othero:
    • N1: Kethuru + Illith fought
    • N2: jailed - Selenity targeted
    • N3: Luce targeted
    • N4: jailed - Shaddus targeted
    • N5: Breandryn targeted
    Yomoigu has the weirder claim, but Othero has the easier bluff.

Yomoigu's confirmed jailings also don't seem to fit the SK Soulless mould Portius' flip provided, and a jailing Illith seems odd.

But if Othero is Illith, he would have been attempting a ridiculously long con, which equally doesn't seem likely?

Summary: Confused. Will likely flip a coin if it remains like this.
  • Yoimogu looks so guilty, yet somebody was killed while I jailed him.  I can't make sense of it.
  • Well from what we saw on N1 there should be a third killer out there, so deaths while he was jailed don't really mean anything.
    @Othero @Selenity @Yomoigu Can you provide any more information about N2?

Othero, you seemed confused on whether your power worked properly or not? You also said the attack failed? Was that failure mentioned in the flavour, or just your assessment off the fact that Selenity was still alive?

If describing it as a failure was flavour message lead, starting to question if either of the pair are Illith, since Yomoigu's jailing obviously worked and an attack that defaults to jailing on hitting an immunity seems weird.

Also considering the possibility that 'the Leviathan' power might be an immunity to jailing, in a 'no trap large enough to hold a full-form Illith' type thing. So @Weiwae don't know if your night flavour messages give any indication of that?
  • I got not flavour messages the last two jailings.

@Lehki  2 of the killers were dead the night Yomoigu was jailed and someone was killed.
  • Ugh, broken forums are driving me crazy. Good thing I favourited this thread so I can get updates on my phone. Aside from Ushaara (sorry, dog with a bone here), I'm leaning more to Yomoigu if we're choosing between those two. I'm not sure about Lavinya, after everything,  she did kill a Town I felt sure of but eh, I can understand acting on gut feelings. I'm also a bit jealous, since I am a vigilante who had two shots and you have a guardian power, reset power and a kill. Not sure about Lehki''s lesser of two evils let the Traitors win bit earlier in the day, for which I voted for him, but that thread lost steam in the light of other things. 

I'm at work,  so I'll vote later when I'm home but those are my main thoughts for the day.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Oh, I got some clarification on what happened night 2 after I complained about the flavor text. Selenity was attacked by a Soulless, I don't know why she survived. 

Vote: Yomoigu as I don't know if I will get to post again before the deadline
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    If I remember correctly my flavor text just said I was in a containment field of some sort and that I was safe or something. I'm on my phone but I was more precise earlier in the thread about the message. It didn't say who protected/jailed me or if anything tried to get me.
  • We can figure out what my "successful jailing" of yomoigu means after he flips.

unvote
    Vote Yomoigu
  • Based on her actions during the day, I targeted Selenity to see if she were either a Soulless or a Traitor. She was not either (at least as of night 2).

While I understand the suspicion on me, I would like you to ask yourselves what possible reason scum would have to jail and not kill Selenity after she pushed 2 unsuccessful lynches at likely townies. 
  • Yomoigu said:
    Based on her actions during the day, I targeted Selenity to see if she were either a Soulless or a Traitor. She was not either (at least as of night 2).

While I understand the suspicion on me, I would like you to ask yourselves what possible reason scum would have to jail and not kill Selenity after she pushed 2 unsuccessful lynches at likely townies. 
    We are relying on Othero's claim that the soulless actually attacked selenity.
  • I'd actually like to hear from everyone who they think Illith likely is.
    Ugh, this just seems to get more and more confusing...

Selenity seems to clear Yomoigu. Othero's information is ambiguous. There's the potential possibility of a jail-immune Illith, and a further complicating factor is that on N2 we had 4 attackers.

If someone gets to 5 votes, I'll add mine to make the lynch, but this is the worst sort of scenario for me to try and parse after the Sylandra misfire.

Yomoigu said:
    Based on her actions during the day, I targeted Selenity to see if she were either a Soulless or a Traitor. She was not either (at least as of night 2).

I actually explained this before!

Let's start with the following of what you said, which I believe.

1. You can jail people
    2. You can sense exco-whatever energy
    These are both things I believe. Yay belief.

However, it is also true that Weiwae is Roark (confirmed not-Soulless and possibly Town if there's no conversions going on) thanks to Luce (rip). Why would town have two jailers, where one can sense exco-whatever energy, and the other cannot?

It's simple: they wouldn't.

Why would Soulless need to sense exco-whatever energy?

Again, it's simple: they wouldn't. Unless Silvanus made it that way for some reason. Barring that, I'm going to say no.

So that leaves one possibility... a Traitor.

Now, why would a Traitor go after me after I pushed two really bad lynches (and I still can't believe I'm that much of a fail cake). Well, let's say the Traitor's ability is to sap exco-whatever energy from a Soulless. You jail them to contain them in that field and then you or another traitor can either kill them or take that energy for yourself to convert others the same night or the next night, possibly.

You would know I'm not a Traitor already, if you are one, because the Traitors can communicate. What you wouldn't know is if I was a Soulless or not. Hence the targeting. "Two town lynches, not a Traitor? Either Selenity is a sucky player or Soulless... let's find out!"

Unfortunately for everyone I'm just a really sucky player. Although I did catch Portius. Doesn't make up for the failed lynch trains.

You failed to get the exco-whatever from me. If you positioned yourself as an exco-sensing town jailer and confirmed me to be town at least from night two - and I still am town - you figured it's an easy way to get on my side at least. You've seen me say over and over Fyler and Weiwae are town, if I'm pushing for your protection too, then you might actually make it through all this.

But no, Yomoigu. I am rather certain you are not town.
  • ... Selenity, I'm sorry but that's a terrible argument. Why do Weiwae and I not have identical powers? Because no two players in this game have identical powers. we've seen half of the game flip so far, and while there may be variations on a theme nobody has matched. Further, your theory on how the traitors work is ridiculously convoluted. They need to both kill the Soulless and outnumber the elders, but to do that they first need to FIND a Soulless, leech their essence, use said essence to get new recruits, then presumably keep the Soulless alive to continue gathering exco energy? It just doesn't work. 

Let's also look at it this way...I didn't kill Breandryn. I was physically incapable of doing so. You target me and her killer is still out there and will have successfully deleted attention. At this point, I'm leaning towards her killer as Othero.

Unvote
    VOTE Othero
  • Weiwae said:
    I got not flavour messages the last two jailings.

@Lehki  2 of the killers were dead the night Yomoigu was jailed and someone was killed.
    Yeah but Fain was not a SK like the Soulless, so killing him didn't remove a kill from the night. There's still other Traitors active.
  • Sorry, I may or may not have spilled water on my macbook and fried it over the weekend so I'm using my work laptop during the week now. 

1) I don't think there's much sense in getting too bogged down in what Sylandra should have/could have done at this point, we can chat all about it in the post game. 

Much like Tatianna is All Stars 2, she had to sashay away before her time. 

So now we have to find the Roxxy Andrews who has been sticking around too damn long.

Anyways, double jailor is weird, I agree and one is unlikely to be on our side. I'm concerned neither are Illith though, and we're barking up yet another tree that won't result in the long term win. 

I'm more convinced of Othero being not town based on the fact that his power doesn't make sense. Unhelpful soulless psychic sense is up there with Sylandra's infinity immunity as nonsensical.
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • vote: Othero
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
    So... up to date...

Lavinya - Phoebus (1)<br>Othero - Lehki, Yomoigu, Fyler (3)<br>Yomoigu - Selenity, Othero, Weiwae (3)

Still need votes from @Dylara, @Lavinya, and @Ushaara.
  • Was there actually one less kill each night that I jailed others?
  • Othero not others.
  • N2 we had 2 deaths, though Dylara claims one of those was her vig kill.

N4 only Shaddus died, apparently from a Strongman.  Wondering again if Strongman usually gets through being blocked or if just beats protection on the target.
    Today is taking forever. For the sake of expediency, I'll Unvote and Vote: Othero. We might be wrong, but I think Othero might be Soulless and Yomo might be a traitor jailor. Only one way to find out at this point...

Lavinya - Phoebus (1)<br>Othero - Lehki, Yomoigu, Fyler, Selenity (4)<br>Yomoigu - Othero, Weiwae (2)

Current vote count. We need six to lynch.
    Hnnggh, simply because I don't believe the Soulless are going around jailing people I'm leaning toward Othero. But so many doubts and really starting to wonder if it will be either of them.

Up to now I've thought Othero was town, and his power pointed us toward a better understanding of the Soulless grouping as SKs. So would a jailing be phrased as an 'attack'? Why would Illith be jailing instead of just eating people?
    Ushaara said:
    Hnnggh, simply because I don't believe the Soulless are going around jailing people I'm leaning toward Othero. But so many doubts and really starting to wonder if it will be either of them.

Up to now I've thought Othero was town, and his power pointed us toward a better understanding of the Soulless grouping as SKs. So would a jailing be phrased as an 'attack'? Why would Illith be jailing instead of just eating people?
    The way I see it...

1. Yomoigu is likely a Traitor Jailor, trying to find/gather exco-whatever essence to convert people with
    2. Othero might be Illith and is pretending to be town and seeing these Soulless attacks third party so as to seem more innocent

My $0.02, subject to increase or decrease in value by the minute.
  • Let's see if Fyler is correct.

unvote
    Vote Othero
    @Ushaara we're at five now, are you still willing to be our sixth?
  • I don't feel right about this. :(
    Weiwae said:
    I don't feel right about this. :(
    Personally I'd rather be going for Yomo, but I trust Fyler. ><;;