Avatar: The Last Airbender Mafia!

Comments

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Huu, okay, I'm going to 
    Vote: None

Silvanus has made some strong points and I have a theory or two about Leafeon that I'll share later on, when it's not LITERALLY DAY ONE.

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I'm strongly against any more information being spilled today. I think we should vote now, either for no lynch or for a player to be lynched.

I'm comfortable lynching Othero still for the reasons @Fyler stated previously, but otherwise, I'm also entirely willing to cave to a "no lynch". What's the current vote count? I'll switch if no lynch has more momentum.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Shaddus said:
    An avatar team member that's immune to night kills? I'm not sure I believe that. 
    Nightproof is definitely a potential power in a mafia game. I'll grant you that Nightproof + Lie detector is a very strong ability combo for a townie, though.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • My delay in responding wasn't due to waiting on Selenity - though I will note that Shaddus did say he was waiting on Selenity for clarification on something, which is interesting (mostly in that I think if he was mafia he wouldn't say that that was the reason for his delay).

I am happy to admit that I didn't reply to Falaeron's request initially because I was sceptical and didn't want to be caught out by it being some sort of trap. I had multiple opportunities to, even though sleeping made me miss the bulk of the 'live' discussions. I totally understand that this looks suspicious, and whilst I agree with Phoebus that 'middle of the pack' might've been a stronger choice, I don't think Falaeron was silly to pick me.

At the moment I'm going to leave my vote on Othero because the flip-flopping back and forth still smells off to me, but I can also be convinced to no lynch.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde

Vote Count for Day One (ends May 14th at 11:59 PM EST)

None - Arix, Othero, Silvanus, Lehki, Tremula (5)
    Othero - Falaeron, Shaddus, Czixi, Fyler, Portius, Sylandra, Yomoigu (7)

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch!

• It may be my newness, but I don't see where Falaeron's play was wrong if what he tells us of his role is true.  If use of the power is obvious, it is better to get that discussion done early on so the power can be used every day. The fact that the bad guys know there's a lie detector around is a flaw in the power and role, not in the player.  Use of the power is obvious which means mafia awareness of the existence of a lie detector is a given unless the lie detector just plain doesn't use their power.  He lost the element of surprise.  It's a big advantage, but so is being able to lie detect every single day from day one.  Given the options, I'd much rather the lie detector do his thing early.  We can still ask people to make explicit statements to check against, and reticence to do so is itself information to work from.  It adds a certain amount of credence to statements made prior to the lie detection each day, and casts a shadow of doubt on statements made after.

Further, given what little I know of the game, and what little I know of the... personalities and capabilities of some of the players here, I'm beginning to get suspicious of people who are arguing it was a bad play.  Perhaps they're seeing something I'm not.  But I have to work with what I know and suspect.

At the moment, I'm leaning toward lynching Othero.  The only reason I'm not voting for him right now is because we have a couple more days and I'd rather not put the count in ninja range.  Yue is a small enough part I could see her being left out, yet large enough that falsely claiming her would be risky.  Can he or anyone else convince me to vote otherwise?  I'll be back to vote approximately 32 hours after this post.

• Eldanien said:
    It may be my newness, but I don't see where Falaeron's play was wrong if what he tells us of his role is true.  If use of the power is obvious, it is better to get that discussion done early on so the power can be used every day. The fact that the bad guys know there's a lie detector around is a flaw in the power and role, not in the player.  Use of the power is obvious which means mafia awareness of the existence of a lie detector is a given unless the lie detector just plain doesn't use their power.  He lost the element of surprise.  It's a big advantage, but so is being able to lie detect every single day from day one.  Given the options, I'd much rather the lie detector do his thing early.  We can still ask people to make explicit statements to check against, and reticence to do so is itself information to work from.  It adds a certain amount of credence to statements made prior to the lie detection each day, and casts a shadow of doubt on statements made after.

Further, given what little I know of the game, and what little I know of the... personalities and capabilities of some of the players here, I'm beginning to get suspicious of people who are arguing it was a bad play.  Perhaps they're seeing something I'm not.  But I have to work with what I know and suspect.

At the moment, I'm leaning toward lynching Othero.  The only reason I'm not voting for him right now is because we have a couple more days and I'd rather not put the count in ninja range.  Yue is a small enough part I could see her being left out, yet large enough that falsely claiming her would be risky.  Can he or anyone else convince me to vote otherwise?  I'll be back to vote approximately 32 hours after this post.
    The reason it is a bad play is that Falaeron did 2 things with this. First, they outed themselves and revealed that they are a lie detector. Outing on day 1 is almost never good because it hands the mafia info on who to target. Even if Falaeron thinks he has a night immunity it doesn't mean he's unkillable. Mafia could have a power that goes past his night immunity. They almost definitely do, why give a night immunity if their isn't a counter to it? He also has put everyone on edge. Now that we know we have a lie detector the scum will be far more careful in how they post and will avoid making statements that could be detected. Surprise isn't a small advantage. It's way bigger then being able to lie detect from day 1. The lie detector doesn't need to catch every member of the mafia in a lie, they just need to catch 1 of them which allows the town to unravel the rest. He traded all that to roll a die and randomly pick someone to check on day 1. He had 15 people to choose from, if we assume 3 of them are mafia that's a 1/5 chance he'd actually hit scum. That's not playing smart, that's bad gambling.
  • Also I think Silvanus has made the best argument in why you should not vote for me today. I really really do not want to be forced to full reveal and I think he gets why. I also think it makes sense to have Umbreon use their lie detector on me next day phase instead of giving the mafia an advantage by lynching on day 1.
  • I'm still unconvinced by your off the wall explanations, but I'll hold off. 

ONE OF THESE DAYS I WILL GET MY DAY 1 LYNCH. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • unvote
  • Othero moving from "I don't know why you think my erratic behavior is suspicious" to "Kill me tomorrow if you still feel like it," is at least a move towards less erratic and marginally more pro-group behavior. And, without asking him to clarify, I think most of us who have seen the series can deduce what his power likely is if he really is Yue. That is a big enough potential swing that he is definitely worth keeping around until we can confirm or deny his identity. As we have had some substantial discussion and with no one I am comfortable day one lynching, in the interest of stopping us from hemorrhaging more identity information without something concrete to act on I am ready to:

Vote: Nobody

I said I'd swap and I'm a lady of my word. unvote

Vote: No Lynch
    Daraius said:
  • Likewise as it looks like we are moving in this direction.

Unvote.

Vote - None.

None - Arix, Othero, Silvanus, Lehki, Tremula, Zitto, Sylandra, Czixi (8)
    Othero - Falaeron, Shaddus, Portius, Yomoigu (4)

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Doesn't Yue literally turn into the moon? That might give Katara and other water benders a boost, so looking forward that could be something to keep in mind.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I want to encourage people not to clarify about Yue.  It isn't relevant today. If someone doesn't see it, it can be clarified as needed. If the mafia doesn't know now, there is no reason to help them along.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Unvote, vote: none
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

None - Arix, Othero, Silvanus, Lehki, Tremula, Zitto, Sylandra, Czixi, Shaddus (9)
    Othero - Falaeron, Portius, Yomoigu (3)

---

And thaaaat's a ly--... nothing. That's a nothing. The day's over.

It is now NIGHT ONE. You have 48 hours to get your actions in. Night will be over May 13 at 11:59 PM EST or when all actions are in.

edited May 2017
    You wake up and try to account for everyone, noticing one person in particular missing. Phoebus. The group splits up and finds a sky bison, laying on its side, dendritic scorch marks spreading from where its heart is, outwards. No attempts to reawaken the creature work.

@Phoebus was...

APPA

You're the sky bison who stayed with Aang for forever and a day, practically, sealed away in time, in ice. You eat. You fly. You make noise. That's about it. You also can't be killed via lynching.

Yip Yip! - If it looks like you're about to be lynched, you will automatically soar yourself into the air away from everyone else.

YOU WIN WITH TEAM AVATAR.

IT IS NOW DAY TWO! WITH 15 ALIVE, IT TAKES 8 TO LYNCH!

(Day Two will end on May 19th at 11:59 PM)
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I win with Team Avatar.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I will have a post on second day thoughts when I get home, but since the Eevs lived I figured we should use what we have. 
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Scorch marks :o Poor Appa.
    Daraius said:
  • Wow, either that was a real lucky hit or someone somehow? had knowledge. I really don't know how though. 
  • I win with team Avatar. 
    It's a common mafia strategy to target players who are less on the radar Night 1 to avoid bumping into as many night powers. I'm guessing that was the rationale here.
    Daraius said:
  • Sylandra said:
    It's a common mafia strategy to target players who are less on the radar Night 1 to avoid bumping into as many night powers. I'm guessing that was the rationale here.
    Yeah, I think that was it. I'm just marveling at the luck at night killing someone immune to lynches.
  • So, anyone have news? I have nothing new to offer. I still think Othero is a decent test subject for Falmiis. At the risk of Falmiis being not-town (anything is possible) I think we should direct his lie detector rather than leaving it to him for the time being.
  • I win with team avatar.