Avatar: The Last Airbender Mafia!

Comments

• Zitto said:
    Othero said:
    That's cool if it seems fine. I actually 100% believe it as a lie detector power now. I win with Team Avatar.

The real problem is if it can be done again. If it was a one time shot that was kind of a waste. If it can be done again then that's going to effect how powers should be used tonight and in the future.
    For consistency and to avoid ambiguity later, "I win with Team Avatar" should be it's own standalone post.
    Nah
  • Yes, I think it was Sidd that posted PUT CELINA AND SIDD IN RAINBOW CASTLE or some such, in all rainbow colors. Totally fake, totally tricked everyone.
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Now I'm second guessing myself, but since I think Flameo is in OCE I'll be checking back in at every break hoping for new info. Damn you timezones!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Unfortunately for you all, the mod is an east coaster in the US. Guess I'll be more specific.

---

Vote Count for Day One (ends May 14th at 11:59 PM EST)

None - Arix, Othero (2)

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch! 

• FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    Czixi was telling the truth.

It is a once-per-day power so we can do all of this again tomorrow.

For now, I'm going to Vote: Othero for his reluctance to post what I asked, even after I had already used it on Czixi.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    VOTE:OTHERO

For all we know, it's a one time power. Still possible that Othero is afraid.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Wanted to wait for Falaeron to post before adding this, but I also got some flavour about feeling vibrations from the power - so in that sense I can also add confirmation to his power use (though I think at this point it is quite clear).

I'm happy to Vote: Othero as well - I just don't see a reason for him not to be complying at this point.
  • Wait, why did you get flavor text?
  • Wait, don't answer that. Don't overshare. 
  • I couldn't say for certain anyway - it might be a normal part of Falaeron's power. We'll have to find out as and when he uses it on someone else.
  • I was going to argue for Othero's defense (since I understand his stance) but I realized I have a tendency to be contrarian just because I can. 

Thinking about it, his willingness to cooperate but refusal to commit totally to it is what bothers me. You can't come out and say you "win with town," and then refuse to do it more specifically in the way that was requested.

Why bother at that point? You're either buying into this or you aren't, but this toe just over the line so you can say you participated thing isn't cutting it.

I'd probably be more willing to back your defense if you had committed fully one way or the other. 

vote: Othero
  • I win with Team Avatar
  • See, you gave me a reason to do it.
  • At this point I actually have no problem doing it. I just want to make sure everyone is awake and willing to use their knives. That killed town last game and it's been holding people back the last few games. Y'all afraid to vote.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I agree, if we are going to lynch someone I will Vote Othero for dodging, then his half ass relenting even more suspicious. 

However, I will become suspicious of Flareon or Czixi the longer they are alive. Flareons reasoning for lie detecting Czixi is hilariously bad, because there are others who waited as long and not everyone went along with it. He could've waited to reveal what it was and could've waited to use his power. Two quick mistakes on day one don't confirm your innocence to me.

The reason why I mention waiting is I could easily counter his lie detector and I'm not the person that Tremula referred to. Now we know ahead of time what to expect and the mafia has more time to prepare a defense. 

I caution against believing both Flare and Czixi for those reasons.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde

Vote Count for Day One (ends May 14th at 11:59 PM EST)

None - Arix, Othero (2)
    Othero - Falaeron, Shaddus, Czixi, Fyler, Silvanus (5)

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch!

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I think I'm willing to join this train. Falaeron was pretty obviously claiming a lie detector power from the start, so I'm pretty suspicious of excessive reluctance. The back pedaling seems pretty desperate, too.

Vote Othero
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Silvanus said:
    I agree, if we are going to lynch someone I will Vote Othero for dodging, then his half ass relenting even more suspicious. 

However, I will become suspicious of Flareon or Czixi the longer they are alive. Flareons reasoning for lie detecting Czixi is hilariously bad, because there are others who waited as long and not everyone went along with it. He could've waited to reveal what it was and could've waited to use his power. Two quick mistakes on day one don't confirm your innocence to me.

The reason why I mention waiting is I could easily counter his lie detector and I'm not the person that Tremula referred to. Now we know ahead of time what to expect and the mafia has more time to prepare a defense. 

I caution against believing both Flare and Czixi for those reasons.
    To add to this, Flareon could of also done something to push me to actually post his magical message. Vote, explain his power, or something. Then he'd be able to lie detect the person who's obviously (based on this train) being the most suspicious person in the game. So 3 mistakes on day 1.
  • We can test his lie power tomorrow easily enough. 
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Vote Othero for reasons previously stated.

I consider myself a pretty paranoid mafia player, but his swinging back and forth today seems strange. I was understanding his reasoning to an extent until Falaeron used his day ability. Hemming and hawing at that point was odd, and then caving once a lynch train forms is odder still. I'm not following the reasoning.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • The reasoning was to be aggressive and to make sure people play aggressively. I'm going to make a 2nd post of the sake of the lie detector power as 7 votes is making me get nervous. 
  • I am Yue.
  • Whoa, hey, let's all take a step back and relax, yeah?

https://g.co/kgs/73QtH5
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Unvote
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Hrmm, you know the problem with ATLA is that there are enough significant developed secondary characters that you'd have a good shot a picking one at random, having it be believeable but still not be in the game to be counter claimed.
  • Now that we're relaxed, I'mma Vote Other because playing cautiously looks a lot like waiting until the power can't be used again
  • Err...Vote Othero
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Othero said:
    The reasoning was to be aggressive and to make sure people play aggressively. I'm going to make a 2nd post of the sake of the lie detector power as 7 votes is making me get nervous. 
    What? You just said you were suspicious of Falaeron because of how aggressive the posts regarding him were!

Dude, idk, I think we've had aggression in spades.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I don't know if the "TA DA IT WORKED, YOU'RE ALL AGGRO," argument makes a whole lot of sense.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    If there's one thing I learned as a tank, you can't pull aggro without getting bashed or bashing.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."