• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Vote Count for Day One (ends May 14th)

None - Arix, Eldanien (2)
    Falaeron - Zitto, Othero (2)

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch!

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Czixi said:
    Portius said:
    I have one big question here, as someone who hasn't seen Avatar in a long time:

Did Toph demonstrate an ability to detect lies during the show?
    In the show she can hear when people lie, because their pulses quicken and so forth.
    Explained in this article.

http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Seismic_sense
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    ...now that I'm posting that @Czixi, wasn't Azula able to fool Toph because of all of her self control during the invasion of the Fire Nation? If she's in the game (she better be), that might be a loud counter to such a lie detector claim. 

Sorry for triple post but proof:

• Yeah Toph's lie detecting powers aren't foolproof - but then that could be represented by restrictions on how the power works, for all we know.
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    So one of the reasons I am 'aggressive' about this is that when I use my lie detection power it is going to be visible to everyone (power, not result). People will ask questions anyway, so I might as well be open about what I am going to do before I do it.
  • Selenity literally just told us the set up is Fire Nation is scum and Team Avatar is town. 

Nobody has given Volteon a pass on this yet, they're just playing along with his scheme to see what happens. If you think it's dumb and a waste of lie detector role then just let the scum take him out for the obvious target he is now. I really can't see any reason not to just go along and say it at this point unless you think this is actually some weird other power that needs us speak his phrase to trigger it.
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    FYI everyone but Othero, Czixi, Shaddus and Fyler have posted the phrase. Breandryn technically hasn't, as she attached "Which is definitely town" at the end of it, but I think that's still unambiguous enough.
  • I win with Team Avatar.
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • This is dumb. 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Hrm. 

I do not currently, nor will I ever win with the Fire Nation. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ^Third party
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Wait, forgot this part. 

I will win with the Avatar Team.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Hmm sketchypants enough for me to Vote Shaddus. (I can be convinced otherwise, just currently going for the c-c-combo breaker.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    -sips tea quietly-
  • Shaddus is those two crazy old lady twins

• 72 posts to return to.  Oi.

With all that tea sipping, I can't be sure if Shaddus is breadcrumbing obviously, or... breadcrumbing VERY obviously.

Not that it helps.  That character has some very complicated motivations.

No, I'm just being super careful. I'm not sure what the extent of his lie detecting, and I'm pretty sure it's not "every post". He probably has to pick certain posts, and I'm not afraid to make the posts I did, because they're truthful. If it comes down to it, and we decide he's truthful about his role, I can prove my role to him, and it'll exonerate me. 
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk

My belief is that Eevee^2 move was a stupid play because you do not know what kind of counters out there exist and there was no pressure to out himself. However, it does make his claim more believable now that no one has counter claimed and it could be useful. It is still just a stupid move to begin this process.

Now I am not voting for Eevee^2 because I do believe he is town. And I would not vote for a town to punish stupid play, I thought that was a dumb idea in the previous game and would argue against it going forward. You can't eliminate a known number in a numbers game.

Maybe Flareon can explain his reasoning a bit more than what he has given so far? What rational there was to start this on Day 1 as opposed to another day, or what he hopes to accomplish? I would caution against revealing more of your role though, and would prefer you not to answer any question if it means revealing more of your role sheet.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Yeah,  I'm still good. 
    Sorry, had to clarify with Serenity. 

I win with Team Avatar. 
    *Selenity
    Silvanus said:
    And I would not vote for a town to punish stupid play, I thought that was a dumb idea in the previous game and would argue against it going forward. You can't eliminate a known number in a numbers game.

Just thought I'd repost this. 
  • Huh.  A first day lynch might actually happen.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    If we all lose because we herded along and repeated a statement on Day One confirming our Victory condition, that is a loss I am willing to take.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Agreed, but the chances of Toph not being in the game are pretty low, and a claim like that is too ballsy to not be counterclaimed. I'm inclined to believe him. 
  • unvote
    Vote: None

No chance of that vote going anywhere
  • I still think that a combination of an investigative role with a bulletproof effect is insanely strong. It's essentially the town dream and we don't even have to do anything. It feels too good to be true, and I still think it is. That said, the lack of anyone else counter-claiming Toph, who is almost certainly a character in play, does lend credibility to Fal's claim. With reluctance I will:

Unvote