Avatar: The Last Airbender Mafia!

Comments

• I win with Team Avatar.
  • I win with Team Avatar
  • was on tablet and missed that other post

• Nah, I'm good. I'm pretty against doing anything in Mafia I'm asked to do without an explanation as to why. 
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I win with Team Avatar
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • As soon as he lights the arson fire, we can have the shortest mafia game ever.

It's a weird power play on day one, but that might be the norm nowadays.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • ...why are we just blindly doing what Flareon says?
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I win with Team Avatar.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I win with Team Avatar
    For kicks.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • a lie detector play on Day 1 is...risky.
  • Hard pass. We don't even know if he's town, cult, or mafia...or if this isn't just a nonsense play to throw people off. 
  • I win with Team Avatar.
  • I wanna be suspicious of this, but way I see it this is either a legit lie detector play, a complete buff, or some weird power we could never predict.

If it is lie detector, doesn't seem like a great one for scum. I think at best it might let them catch an SK or other 3p. Either way don't see any reason for town to not play along.

If it is just him bluffing, well, okay whatever. Maybe he just wants to see people's reactions, or he's trying to get some attention drawn onto himself for the night phase? 

If this is some weird cult or arson or other thing and he has some nefarious motive for getting a bunch of people say the phrase, well then uh, well played? But it doesn't seem all that likely to me.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I win with Team Avatar.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Now that that's concluded, I think this is a terrible bluff to have people visit at night (mafia would want Flareon dead if he's a lie detector [which is SUPER rare]) and scum will just lie anyway. 

I mean it's a play but it only has long term effects that can be severed by a strongarm killer or a blocker. Still, weak play better than none.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    I'm inclined to follow it, because the risk factor otherwise is really low. "You can target only people who have the exact same post" is so ludicrous it seems unlikely to even worry about. I literally can't conceive of any role other than a lie detector role benefiting from this, unless someone is running a gambit and lying about a power in order to ferret out scum and/or to appear townie down the road after convincing people they have this power.

I don't really think I lose anything from joining in. Naysayers, what do you worry about? Is it just the "I dislike doing what strangers tell me to do" thing? I get that, I'm just curious what you think the risk is. You stick out more for not adhering to the trend than following along.
    Daraius said:
  • I win with Team Avatar. Which is definitely town.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I'm pretty sure Falaeron himself is anything but a lie detector, because claiming to be such right off the bat is just asking for the sweet embrace of death to take you. I was working off the assumption that it's a ploy to see who is hesitant, and/or an attempt to generate material for someone to dig through just in case there actually is a lie detector in the house.

The former has very little benefit, because you don't have to be guilty to not want to do whatever someone tells you to do in mafia, but the latter is actually a good base to cover so I'm ok with playing along.
    I mean I went along with it because I don't see any result that could be concluded from it today. Even if he uses a lie detector on one post, I'm assuming it is just one post he can choose, it would be pretty hard to convince people to off someone on day one because of a power that has no backing claims to it.

Also, there can always be a fakecop like Ssaliss in the Reign mafia game with his false Pope, it seems like an unnecessary play to me so I do not see any harm with herding along.

At least it is better than a herd into a no lynch.
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    I'm a lie detector. Don't worry about me at night.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Vote Count for Day One (ends May 14th)

None - Arix, Eldanien (2)

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch! 
    Falaeron said:
    I'm a lie detector. Don't worry about me at night.
    I have serious trouble believing that, honestly. Nightkill-proof lie detector is way too gameable to be true; you end up with situations like today where everyone posts if they're a good guy or not, and then you get to just go down the checklist til you find the liars, creating the world's most boring game ever. You're either bluffing for some reason or signing yourself up to be strongman killed.
    I think he's talking about not wasting town powers like investigate, track or role block 
    I mean you'd guess there's a doctor/watcher in play. Ballsy Day #1 play though.
    Daraius said:
    I took "don't worry about me at night" to be "don't worry about keeping me safe at night," directed towards any protective power-havers. Without some kind of safety net, claiming day 1 is kinda just killing yourself.
  • I think we know literally nothing right now so any play that potentially reveals town information is a stupid one, and any trust we put in any given player right now is equally stupid.

Maybe he's a cult lie detector. Possibilities are endless in Lusternian mafia, not playing along.
  • It almost reminds me of Long Feng and the Joo Dee cult, now that we're discussing possible cults. If so, most of us are probably eligible for recruitment during the night.
    Insert joke here about lynching Falaeron for confusing everyone. (But really I don't think that's productive)
    Daraius said: