Avatar: The Last Airbender Mafia!

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Hmm. I do think we should use the lie detector today, assuming it's possible (what's good, @Falaeron?). Othero is a good target but I also think we have other people who are flying under the radar a bit. As such, I'm not 100% convinced Othero is the best subject for today. There's something to be said for yesterday's mention that we should aim for middle-of-the-pack tag-alongs. I'd prefer someone in that group be scrutinized today.

(I'm also, as indicated by yesterday, okay with scrutinizing Othero further. But re-reading now, he seems to play more like aggro paranoid townie who regretted being so aggro, rather than mafia trying to escape notice by... being super noticeable, haha.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I do agree with Sylandra, and also think we should target someone that was voting for Falmiis or Othero
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Additionally, I want to point out that @Falaeron's play yesterday was both good and bad. I think it was perhaps tipping his hand a bit early to the mafia for reasons already stated, but it might have also allowed townies to make more deliberate choices too. Maybe someone learned something good last night? Idk.

This is to say that we're in no rush, so let's wait for everyone to post before Falaeron examines anyone.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Appa :(

Someone came to see me before I went to bed, trying to find out about me. I think I got a good idea of who they are (assuming I've guessed right) and what they can do - so I'm not sure if it's a good idea to say more than that. I didn't notice anything else.
  • To clarify, by 'who they are' I mean character, not player.
  • I was not expecting Appa as a role for some reason, it makes sense though. If that's the case Momo might be one too. I was trying to figure out last night what characters might be in the game because Yue still seems like an odd choice to me. That might just be personal preference because I never found her that interesting though.

So I'm still leaning towards checking Othero, but Sylandra does have a good point that we certainly have some scum hiding in around the middle of the pick of people who complied with saying the phrase.

Also I learned nothing worth reporting last night.
  • @Czixi - was it a probably-good person or a probably-bad one?
  • Definitely good.
  • @Lehki I'm not saying this as a defense of Othero, but trust me when I say weird or uncommon characters will be in this game.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    If @Lehki is the hippie nomad from the twisting caverns I'm out.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Errr...Yomoigu. Sorry Lehki.

• Tremula said:
    If @Lehki is the hippie nomad from the twisting caverns I'm out.
    DID SOMEBODY SAY SECRET TUNNEL?!?!*

*This is a joke and not necessarily an admission of identity
  • NOT MY APPA!

Ugh, the mafia had hella good luck there.  :(

So anyhow, something happened to me last night.  My perception of it is that I was jailed.  The flavor of the event may give away info the town doesn't need given away, so I'd rather leave it at that.

Also...

• FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    So, I can use my power again today so I think everyone should post "I win with Team Avatar" again.
  • I win with Team Avatar.

I win with Team Avatar.
    Daraius said:
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I win with Team Avatar.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    I win with Team Avatar.

Just checking since I'm at work and can't post much, can the posts from our last day phase not be checked? Curious restriction if so.

• I win with team Avatar
  • Also I will be checking in periodically, but tonight is a game night for me. Also any posts I make will be from tablet until I either solve my browser issues or get a new laptop
  • Do we really need everybody to go through the whole song and dance again? I still will in my next post if you want but I feel like town should be directing this more carefully. Just at some point today pick who we're suspicious of and check them. Burning the power doesn't need to be the first thing we do.
    Lehki said:
    Do we really need everybody to go through the whole song and dance again? I still will in my next post if you want but I feel like town should be directing this more carefully. Just at some point today pick who we're suspicious of and check them. Burning the power doesn't need to be the first thing we do.
    Eh, I do see what you're saying. The flip side of this though is: Town disagrees for awhile on who to truth-check. It is the final hour and we agree on someone who has yet to make a "I win with Team Avatar" post. Person never posts, day ends without their verification. Person claims they got 'busy.' Nothing new learned.

(I'm assuming Falaeron can only check the posts from particular dayphases, based on this. Or he's horribly lazy, idk.)
    Daraius said:
  • I hope this is a really convoluted arson power
  • And as a serious comment,  pick someone and name them post instead of waiting for everyone. 
  • *Make them post
  • It's boringly spammy and I don't think it will be fun to do every round. Maybe we can hash out a more streamlined use?
    Othero said:
    And as a serious comment,  pick someone and name them post instead of waiting for everyone. 
    Okay. So here's the order of people who agreed to the above demand last dayphase, with just the "I win with Team Avatar" post:

Falaeron, Phoebus, Eldanien, Portius, Zitto, Arix, Silvanus, Sylandra, Yomoigu, Lehki, Tremula, Breandryn, Fyler, Shaddus*, Czixi (TRUTH-CHECKED!).

Some points to make are that technically a few people agreed earlier in the thread (myself, @Eldanien, @Arix) but we didn't get asked to do the stand-alone post until after we'd already agreed to say that in our existing posts, putting us back in the rankings.

I've also put people in italics who resisted the posting even though they agreed to it, if that matters to anyone. Also the asterisk for @Shaddus is that he technically said he wasn't Team Fire Nation, but that he could win with Team Avatar, as I understand it (happy to be corrected though).

Examine this as you see fit!
    Daraius said: