Let's talk about Glomdoring.

Comments

• Deichtine said:

The second major point he's incorrect about is twist. It doesn't work as he described it. Again theres been a special report on it since Saz quit playing.

He's making numerous points that are incorrect and its necessary to point them out.

Fill me in about new twist, I vaguely remember you asking for an asthma instead of double aeon/stun and/or on demand aeon as a different skill... If that's the change you are talking about I honestly did not believe that was a nerf back then. It just looked like a way to trade one power point with another.

Mostly asking, because wiki isn't updated, else I'd just answer.
     "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... aletter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all...I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."

-Kilian
  • edited March 2019
    Shaddus said:
    Deichtine said:
    It sort of has 2 balances now. The sparkle balance and the chervil herb balance.

yea eatting it once will throw it off both balances though yep.
    So...just out of curiosity, which org is holding the nature domoths and decided to set the "help with bleeding" herb to also be sparkle, so that using one throws the other off?

Also putting it on nature is a buff to autocuring users. AC doesn't do chervil for bleeding so for anyone who hasn't fixed up a system to use chervil putting chervil on nature is good for autocuring users but bad for more advanced coded systems I guess.

Putting it on nature means more people get more anti bleed.

EDIT: Don't want to suggest this was why it was done, just wanted to point it out.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Deichtine said:
    Shaddus said:
    Deichtine said:
    It sort of has 2 balances now. The sparkle balance and the chervil herb balance.

So...just out of curiosity, which org is holding the nature domoths and decided to set the "help with bleeding" herb to also be sparkle, so that using one throws the other off?

Also putting it on nature is a buff to autocuring users. AC doesn't do chervil for bleeding so for anyone who hasn't fixed up a system to use chervil putting chervil on nature is good for autocuring users but bad for more advanced coded systems I guess.

EDIT: Don't want to suggest this was why it was done, just wanted to point it out.
    Won't it still proc your sparkle balance if you eat it to slow bleeding?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Saz said:
    Deichtine said:

The second major point he's incorrect about is twist. It doesn't work as he described it. Again theres been a special report on it since Saz quit playing.

He's making numerous points that are incorrect and its necessary to point them out.

Fill me in about new twist, I vaguely remember you asking for an asthma instead of double aeon/stun and/or on demand aeon as a different skill... If that's the change you are talking about I honestly did not believe that was a nerf back then. It just looked like a way to trade one power point with another.

Mostly asking, because wiki isn't updated, else I'd just answer.

Its a total rework of how it works. Twisting doesn't do any afflictions or hinder at all now. Its a good mechanic not disputing that I'm just pointing out you've not seen it and what your talking about in your original post was old twist.
  • Hah. Yeah. It's really cool that Shadowdancers have significantly more locking potential with aeon than Institute do, even sans hexes. ^^
  • Shaddus said:
    Deichtine said:
    Shaddus said:
    Deichtine said:

Yea but autocuring wont do that.
  • SazSaz
    edited March 2019
    Care to share what does it do then? And yes, I did concede in my original post that I've been out-of-the-loop for a while.
     "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... aletter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all...I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."

-Kilian
  • Saz said:
    Care to share what does it do then?

Sure quick version is. 

Twist costs 1 power does mana drain and builds the shadow. No afflictions or anything like it used to. At 4 or more twists the shadowdancer can unravel the shadow and the shadow will do 15% mana drain and asthma on a tick for each twist. Eg 4 twists is 4 ticks. 
  • Keegan said:
    Hah. Yeah. It's really cool that Shadowdancers have significantly more locking potential with aeon than Institute do, even sans hexes. ^^
    Yeah, I honestly don't know the current state. But that's what it looked like the direction it was going with that aeon and asthma demand in the report.

-Kilian
    Deichtine said:
    Shaddus said:
    Deichtine said:
    Shaddus said:
    Deichtine said:

So what you're telling me is that if I'm using AC, and it eats chervil to slow bleeding, it won't knock me off my sparkle balance at the same time?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Shaddus said:
    Deichtine said:

The secondary sparkleherb always burns both balances (herb and normal).  For a while Coltsfoot did not actually consume herb balance to eat (since it cured nothing) so it was ideal to select; it acted exactly like regular sparkleberry, just burning the one balance.  They made it start burning balance after a while, though.

So right now, the options are: 1) Pick a completely different herb that is not chervil and have it nuke chervil balance too for no gain, or 2) Have it clot some bleeding at the same time as it does the sparkleberry cure.

You can keep eating chervil when off sparklebalance.  You just get dual messages.
    You eat a sprig of chervil.
    Your bleeding slows as your blood clots. <-- Chervil's normal message.
    The aftertaste of the herb turns sour. <-- Not on sparkle balance so it fails.

If you don't want it, you use SSC to turn off the alternate herb (which has always been a good idea for PvP ever since the coltsfoot "fix," since the alternate herb has always been impacting your other cure rate ever since then).  I think it's the "UseAlternateSparkleberry" config option.
  • Shaddus said:
    Deichtine said:
    Shaddus said:
    Deichtine said:
    Shaddus said:
    Deichtine said:

So what you're telling me is that if I'm using AC, and it eats chervil to slow bleeding, it won't knock me off my sparkle balance at the same time?

No No what I'm saying is autocuring will not eat chervil to slow bleeding at all.

Autocuring will only eat chervil if its the sparkleherb. So no nature on chervil=autocuring will never ever eat chervil.
  • Okay so twists have changed, albeit still very strong. But that's more or less the only thing that's objectively open to argue in my post. The rest of the points do stand, that's bad to hear, but good to know.

-Kilian
    Alright, that's good to know.
  • Saz said:
    Okay so twists have changed, albeit still very strong. But that's more or less the only thing that's objectively open to argue in my post. The rest of the points do stand, that's bad to hear, but good to know.
    No worries. Just wanted to point out that I think you'd missed a few special reports since you'd sort of quit playing, The mag, Hallifax and Glom one which changed up how their stuffs works that you may not have factored into your review.
  • Just a concept on the idea of the bleeding rework.

On the bleeding point.

Shadowdancers have redcap but their kill revolves around aeon locking really. If you wanted you could swap the redcap bleed for some other effect without really changing how they work.
    Monks are all about the hemo and afflictions just like every other monk. They don't care so much about doing bleeding or bruising themselves.
    Druids are druids, up for a rework soon anyway so lets put a pin in them.
    Warriors are warriors. Pureblade cares about bleed but can't really build it much on its own and they  could do with a report on sorting it out a bit anyway. Bonecrusher cares about brusing which is sort of like bleed but again doesn't really matter. Anyway point on warriors is their bleed/bruise stuff is secondary to their other issues and lets not go into that kettle of fish here.

Shadowbeat is practically built around doing and buffing bleed. In a similar way that Mag bards are built around doing and buffing plagues. Being all bleedy and emo is Shadowdancers thing.

Just reviewing the classes and you really wouldn't need to make any major changes to any class or spec except for Harbinger if you did a total bleed overhaul.

If bleeding itself is the issue getting a special report in to rework harbingers and bleed at the same time would I guess in my eyes be the best way to look at this.

• edited March 2019
    It's almost as if, and, call me crazy for saying this, people have been saying that Harbingers need changing for years. :)

Edit: Also, the simple fact of the matter is Glomdoring individual skillsets, as a whole, just provide far more options towards kill conditions and achieving them than any other organisation. On individuals, the only real class that can compete with any Glomdoring class is either Cantor or Celestine, but the synergy provided by the overall Glomdoring kit makes this largely moot in scaled combat. 

You can continue this discourse to your heart's content, or you can read over the comments made by the shining stars of the player-base who have moved onto other games for their individual reasons and make appropriate changes. Either way, if nothing is done this will just be another thread on the pile that has been accumulating for has been literal years now.
  • One other thing worth considering is that we have one class with a 50% mana kill that is reversable. We have two classes that can possible have a 25% mana kill that requires trees. So without a shadowdancer or a crow user, the bleed has to get through your mana AND your health to kill you.
  • If the admin are open to reworking bleed in a big way that opens a lot of doors to what we can do.
  • I mean, that's great and all, but compared to the same combination of specs in an equally sized group from Serenwilde and I'm 100% sure that the Glomdoring group is biased to win.
  • Or just add haemophilia on top of a dust stack, I don't think it's a rare affliction. As it's a poison even.

-Kilian
  • Keegan said:
    I mean, that's great and all, but compared to the same combination of specs in an equally sized group from Serenwilde and I'm 100% sure that the Glomdoring group is biased to win.

I mean give me a good team of Moondancers and it'll be rare to see me lose a fight ;)
  • I mean, that's a great statement and all, but it remains to be proven.  Anything a group of Moondancers can do, I assure you, a group of Shadowdancers can do better. You only need to look as far as their fae, let alone compare Moon and Night. 
  • Keegan said:
    I mean, that's a great statement and all, but it remains to be proven.  Anything a group of Moondancers can do, I assure you, a group of Shadowdancers can do better. You only need to look as far as their fae, let alone compare Moon and Night. 
    I demonstrated how a single moondancer can do 100% mana drain on a  high mana target in a 6 second window. I demonstrated how 2 moondancers can put your mana to 0% in under 3 seconds on the test server.

• "Not at all but nothing stands in a vacuum. If you are looking at how good somethings synergy is and you compare it to another org and they have very similar synergy then its a good way to see the game standard."
  • Keegan said:
    "Not at all but nothing stands in a vacuum. If you are looking at how good somethings synergy is and you compare it to another org and they have very similar synergy then its a good way to see the game standard."

Ok I'm done feeding the troll. Have a good day.
    Deichtine said:
    Just a concept on the idea of the bleeding rework.

On the bleeding point.

Shadowdancers have redcap but their kill revolves around aeon locking really. If you wanted you could swap the redcap bleed for some other effect without really changing how they work.
    Monks are all about the hemo and afflictions just like every other monk. They don't care so much about doing bleeding or bruising themselves.
    Warriors are warriors. Pureblade cares about bleed but can't really build it much on its own and they  could do with a report on sorting it out a bit anyway. Bonecrusher cares about brusing which is sort of like bleed but again doesn't really matter. Anyway point on warriors is their bleed/bruise stuff is secondary to their other issues and lets not go into that kettle of fish here.

Shadowbeat is practically built around doing and buffing bleed. In a similar way that Mag bards are built around doing and buffing plagues. Being all bleedy and emo is Shadowdancers thing.

Just reviewing the classes and you really wouldn't need to make any major changes to any class or spec except for Harbinger if you did a total bleed overhaul.

If bleeding itself is the issue getting a special report in to rework harbingers and bleed at the same time would I guess in my eyes be the best way to look at this.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't bloodcap attacks build up to feed the barghest, which changes their dust based paralysis attack to an attack that causes damage and bleeding? Don't banshees either cause health or health and mana damage? 

Don't harbingers have a songeffect that accelerates this process as well as a song that increases the mana used to clot this bleeding away, as well as a song that makes you develop hemophilia, another that causes bleeding as well as paralysis if your bleeding is over a certain amount? Crowcaw also drains mana and causes bleeding, which synergizes with everything else.

Monks use hemo, but unless this has been removed, also cause vessels (also passive bleeding), hemophilia and other afflictions which feed bleeding. Once again, it's been a while, but they also at one point had a kill based entirely on....bleeding. Run away from them? Damage from hemo/bleeding/what have you.

I'm not even going to touch warriors after hearing that at least one of you had Marcella at 24k bleeding after ten seconds using Pureblade along with other passives.

Crow causes bleeding via several skills, including a passive that follows the druid around and can't be stopped except removing yourself from their enemy list, which is easily fixable. Instakill? Mana based. If it doesn't kill you, it still drains mana and if I'm not mistaken, more bleeding.
    And while we're here, let's contrast Nightsweats (directly assists all your kill methods via adding bursts of bleeding when you damage someone) and:

Moonwater: next time you sip for h/m/e, cures an affliction.

Holywater: uh...blocks damage one time? Not sure here.

Unholywater: when you're dealt damage, deals half of it back to your attacker. Semi useful,  doesn't contribute to much.

Firemead: does some fire damage.

Frost Tea: makes your pinky crook itself when you drink it from a cup. Also..I think does damage to an enemy who sips?

It just seems like anything put in place for Glomdoring "makes sense", but anything put in place for other orgs is 50% flavor text, or designed thematically as opposed to making sure it helps the org.

• Shaddus said:
    Deichtine said:
    Just a concept on the idea of the bleeding rework.

On the bleeding point.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't bloodcap attacks build up to feed the barghest, which changes their dust based paralysis attack to an attack that causes damage and bleeding? Don't banshees either cause health or health and mana damage? 

Don't harbingers have a songeffect that accelerates this process as well as a song that increases the mana used to clot this bleeding away, as well as a song that makes you develop hemophilia, another that causes bleeding as well as paralysis if your bleeding is over a certain amount? Crowcaw also drains mana and causes bleeding, which synergizes with everything else.

Monks use hemo, but unless this has been removed, also cause vessels (also passive bleeding), hemophilia and other afflictions which feed bleeding. Once again, it's been a while, but they also at one point had a kill based entirely on....bleeding. Run away from them? Damage from hemo/bleeding/what have you.

I'm not even going to touch warriors after hearing that at least one of you had Marcella at 24k bleeding after ten seconds using Pureblade along with other passives.

Crow causes bleeding via several skills, including a passive that follows the druid around and can't be stopped except removing yourself from their enemy list, which is easily fixable. Instakill? Mana based. If it doesn't kill you, it still drains mana and if I'm not mistaken, more bleeding.

Yes the redcap can be used to feed the barghest but all that does is it means the bargest does a tiny damage attack instead of its dust or stun. I don't know if the ability was never really looked at after overhaul but its never really worth doing. Part of why I said you could swap the bleed effect of the redcap out and it wouldn't effect shadowdancers really. Barghest feed is a bad idea and doing it just hurts your own offence.

Banshees do mana and health damage. Not related to bleeding. If you reworked bleeding the only thing you'd need to chance on Sd's would be the redcap.

Crowcaw doesn't drain mana itself it does afflictions, stun and bleed. It does health damage if the target is under 25% mana. The rough concept of harbingers is they do bleed to drain mana and then crowcaw is supposed to work as a finisher for if the enemy is low mana. This really doesn't work though. Not to go too much into harbingers because yes they have a bunch of stuff that either buffs bleeding or nerfs clot. Its why I said a bleeding rework would hit harbingers the most so any big bleeding change would probally need a hefty amount of work on harbingers.

Monks do a bunch of stuff that does cause bleeding but non of their instant kills revolve around it. That was an old thing. Monks are all: use afflictions to build haemorrhaging, get haemorrhaging to 750, burst then kill. The actual bleed or bruise they do is sort of irrelevant to their actual kill.

Pureblade twist was already changed from that situation with Marcella.

Yea druids have a bunch of bleed effects but they are up for a rework within a few months so not really sure what to say on them till that ticks though. 
  • Shaddus said:

Hemo doesn't cause vessels but there is one stance in nekotai that does. Nekotai can kill with bleeding if they either stick haemophilia or wipe your mana, then your health. Hemo only prevents you from clotting below your current hemo.

The pureblade thing was actually me and that from using pureblade bleedout in a group and spamming (pureblade) twist. That was nerfed so pureblade twist no longer adds bleeding. the bleeding is calculated based on your damage and your damage is based on their current bleeding. So high bleeding was causing high damage which caused high bleeding.

I'm pretty sure crow swoop (the 25% mana kill) doesn't add bleeding but it does drain mana. It does however pull the target from the ground into the trees (and potentially out of the room where you're trying to kill them if the kill fails).
This discussion has been closed.