Tweets VIII: Knocks Me Off My Tweet

Comments

• I hope my stand-up routine that I tell to unlucky Hallifaxians makes them groan at how cheesey it is
  • Aydeksa said:
    Aydeksa said:
    I hope my stand-up routine that I tell to unlucky Hallifaxians makes them groan at how cheesey it is
    update it made Czixi murder me
    update v2.01: it was as silent as the Night when my jokes landed in Glomdoring
  • Aydeksa said:
    Aydeksa said:
    Aydeksa said:
    I hope my stand-up routine that I tell to unlucky Hallifaxians makes them groan at how cheesey it is
    update it made Czixi murder me
    update v2.01: it was as silent as the Night when my jokes landed in Glomdoring
    Maybe, Celest can shine some light on the issue?
  • My next vict-audience
  • The moment you discover that characters you created for a book about the history of the Starleaf family years ago, are now actually part of history in the game. And there's a mob that talks about them. And you're the first person to ever complete the new quest in the new area that is linked to them.

The hell just happened. 

(Thank you for helping me @Coraline.)
    That was a fun quest! And I learned a lot at the end too. Thanks admin for adding it!
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • The moment you discover that characters you created for a book about the history of the Starleaf family years ago, are now actually part of history in the game. And there's a mob that talks about them. And you're the first person to ever complete the new quest in the new area that is linked to them.

The hell just happened. 

(Thank you for helping me @Coraline.)
    Yep, Toledil has also turned up in one of the solstice artifacts as well. Banon and Calarin also show up a few times around the place.

Also, if you haven't come across it yet, you should touch bark at v43320.
  • Think I could ask them to pick up an Eaf while they are there? Asking for a friend
  • I really wanna do the eaf quest but I was told it shows in your honors ):
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    It was more of a comment on how a specific person is more likely to listen to his enemies than to trust his allies or communemates.

Eaf are cool though. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • The eaf quest is great, the mini-puzzles in there are fun. And the eaf reward of course! It's a shame more people don't do it, potential diplomatic incidents notwithstanding.
  • Game has a lot of these neat, but polarizing quests. Tainted Broadcast Centre, Soulforge, Project Eternity, Spire of Dio etc. Things like TBC and Soulforge I get, it is a singular org getting the benefits at the cost of other orgs, but things like Project Eternity (throne) and Spire of Dio having a life/undead side just seem out of place. If there were more places that could be undead (not faked with artifact or necroscream) then it wouldn't be so odd. But if either are active for life (often the case) -everyone- except one benefits. While it can be said that "Undeath is a choice, live with it." is kind of like saying, "Ignore your org flavor and be mundane."
  • Lycidas said:
    If there were more places that could be undead (not faked with artifact or necroscream) then it wouldn't be so odd. 
    Crow users somewhat have to deal with being undead flagged but the mechanics on it are  confusing and sometimes contradictory.
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • Crek said:
    Lycidas said:
    If there were more places that could be undead (not faked with artifact or necroscream) then it wouldn't be so odd. 
    Crow users somewhat have to deal with being undead flagged but the mechanics on it are  confusing and sometimes contradictory.
    One might say it is Wyrd.
  • Yeah, the crowcloak allows for influencing undead. I kind of chalked that up to the zombie skin arti since it does the same thing.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Lycidas said:
    Yeah, the crowcloak allows for influencing undead. I kind of chalked that up to the zombie skin arti since it does the same thing.
    Crowcloak does not make you undead, nor does Crowform.  Nothing in Crow does, actually.  However, "those who traffic in dark spirits" are impacted by the Spire (just not other "undead specific" things since it doesn't actually make you undead).  Basically, if you used Crowsnest Rebirth, you are tagged by the Spire.
  • Darkrebirth gives similar resistances as undeath too.  1/8 excorable and -2/-8 divinus. I'm fine with going full out and making dark spirit tag you as undead (though please word it as possessed if this became a thing) if we can make it extend to non-Crow users like lichseed.
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • Lycidas said:
    Game has a lot of these neat, but polarizing quests. Tainted Broadcast Centre, Soulforge, Project Eternity, Spire of Dio etc. 
    Not quite what you were saying, but I really like the logic puzzle for Marani's quest. Yes, it's just a logic puzzle, but almost all the clues are "X is not Y" and those are always more complicated and interesting to work out. Alas, but for the social judgment of doing the quest.

Talthos's logic quest is almost like that too, but I hate the resonator/cluster names... Harmonic cluster with harmonic resonator... sure, not confusing at all.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    I mean, Mount Dio, the place that's Dionamus themed, the Dionamus that really hated undead and undead accessories...

It's not really so much about spiting players as much as it's just thematic. It's Magnagora's (and Glomdoring's) cross to bear for using excorable energy to fight, according to Dionamus, and therefore the spire is a symbol of him taking great pains to pursue his vendetta against undeath (or he just wanted to bless the living and cursing undead was an unfortunate and convenient byproduct).

Also, man, I've been hearing this argument for so long. It's literally just a small regen debuff guys.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    But that's not to say that I'm opposed to some admin releasing an area that's devoted to celebrating undeath/the grimdark way of doing things. Perhaps filled with excorable-weak enemies that are also high-tier. Maybe with a contentious quest, maybe not. B)

• Honestly, the QUEST <quest> RANKINGS is the worst because it makes it trivially easy to spot anyone who may be doing a controversial quest (eafs). Delete pls.
    WHY WE FIGHT
    Accountability is necessary.
  • I think quest rankings are OOC as otherwise even the stealthiest stealth monk that no one saw or silenced all witnesses couldn't do secret things.

Otherwise I like them for being neat informal competition or tracking personal completions.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Dys said:
    I think quest rankings are OOC as otherwise even the stealthiest stealth monk that no one saw or silenced all witnesses couldn't do secret things.

Otherwise I like them for being neat informal competition or tracking personal completions.

I tend to agree, unfortunately people often have the opinion that if it's in the game and visible to them, it's in character information. So it makes it awkward for people who would otherwise sneakily get away with doing the quest without anyone ever knowing.

• Isn't the whole point of controversial quests the potential for consequence, which is a key part of the roleplay and immersion experience? It'd be so boring if people didn't react to it... You're just doing some variation of a basic puzzle otherwise.