Myrsky - Serenwilde Storm Events : Part 2

AniAni Member Posts: 48 Apprentice
edited June 7 in Event Scrolls
===============
 
A blinding bolt of lightning strikes down from the dark clouds covering the Serenwilde, accompanied by a crash of thunder so loud that it shakes your very bones.
 
The dark skies above are lit by blazing streaks of lightning, the white-hot lances burning orange in your aftervision.
 
(Serenwilde): Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart says, "Great Spirits preserve us, I cannot believe it. The storm seems to be growing in strength as the rain falls."
 
You have emoted: Ani takes a step closer to the Moonhart Mother Tree, brow furrowed as she thinks. She looks curious, if a little bit worried, over at Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart. "The rain is making the storm worse..?"
 
Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart frowns and places her hand against the Moonhart Mother Tree, an emerald glow surrounding just her arm as she nods at you. "I do not think that it is, but most storms lessen in strength as the rain falls...this one seems to still be growing."
 
A fierce timberwolf tilts back his head in a low, resonant howl.
 
BOOOM!
 
The trees nearby quiver as if in terror from the crash of thunder that threatens to burst your eardrums.
 
A bolt of lightning crashes to strike the surface of Moon Lake, sending enormous sprays of water soaring over the treetops that are visible throughout the forest.
 
Adushoc zi'Prouep's crystalline form shifts to a cool sky-blue colour as she looks about.
 
(Serenwilde): Kar (from the Ethereal Plane) says, "I'm not much for determining the weather, but I'll be happy to help once there's something to stab."
 
You have emoted: Ani squints up at the sky visible between the swaying boughs of the Moonhart Mother Tree, before clapping her hands over her ears as the thunder rolls over the forest. She shakes her head and grumbles to herself before turning her attention back to Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart, "Has your communion with the Moonhart garnered any more information on what might be the cause of the storm?"
 
Glorious rays of morning light burst forth from Father Sun's crown as it peeks over the world's edge, announcing a bright and shining new dawn.
 
Toma Truehoof stamps his hooves nervously against the ground, looking nervously towards Adushoc zi'Prouep, you, and Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart. "The signs have warned of a terrible disaster on the horizon...and the burning of history."
 
A handsome, pure black stag with black wings trots in from the up.
 
A handsome, pure black stag with black wings departs with a stately walk to the ether.
 
You have emoted: Eyes growing wide, Ani stares at Toma Truehoof in shock. "A terrible disaster.. burning of history? What...?"
 
 
Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart's eyes widen nervously at the young centaur's words, and she removes her hand from the Mother Moonhart. "I have learned a little, but at the rate the storm grows I fear that it is not enough."
 
An armoured fox bats at a stray insect with its paw.
 
(Serenwilde): Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart says, "One would think the storm can only grow so powerful, but perhaps we should take an active hand. Gather at the Mother to see if we might turn the tide."
 
A handsome, pure black stag with black wings trots in from the up.
 
Pysynne tilts his head curiously.
 
Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart winces and raises a hand to her head.
 
Kar arrives from the south.
 
You say to Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart, "Whatever we can do to help, I can safely say that all of us will do our best for the forest."
 
Rubbing her head tenderly, Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart says, "I have learned some things from my communion, and I can say with certainty that this storm's origin is not of this world."
 
Kar glances to the sky before rumbling out, "I can believe that."
 
Showing that he understands, Pysynne nods his head slowly.
 
Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart says, "We will have to do something to ensure the Serenwilde's safety before this storm grows to a degree that we cannot recover from. I am open to any suggestions you may have."
 
In a gravelly voice, Pysynne says, "A really really big fan to blow it towards Glomdoring. History tells me nothing bad ever happens when you blow things their way."
 
Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart says, "I can tell the story of the Moonhart Mother Tree and her siblings if you ask about it."
 
Pysynne quickly ducks down.
 
You hide a grin behind your hand.
 
You say to Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart, "Would there be a way to extend the barrier that surrounds the Moonhart to the rest of the forest?"
 
You tilt your head curiously.
 
Toma Truehoof offers a small grin, but it quickly falters as he looks up towards the severity of the sky above.
 
Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart says to you, "Potentially, but the Wilde stretches far, and to do such a thing would be draining on the Mother and the stores of energy you have worked so hard to create."
 
Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart creases her brow in a frown.
 
You chew on your lip thoughtfully.
 
In a gravelly voice, Pysynne says, "I have tried everything I know to do with weather manipulation to lessen even a little, but alas, nothing I do is enough."
 
Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart says, "In the worst case scenario, the storm could grow to a point where the power expended from the Mother was not sustainable..."
 
With a rumbling growl, Unscarred Kar says, "Is it natural, or is someone causing it? I've been battered with dust and snow and rain and wind - until they get a blade through the heart."
 
Adushoc zi'Prouep says, "Young Toma, have you read anything in the sky to suggest such a thing?"
 
Toma Truehoof blinks and shuffles his hooves nervously against the ground, "M-me? I uh..." He fumbles in his bag, digging for his notes.
 
In a gravelly voice, Pysynne says, "Well we lack the information of who or what is causing the storm... I mean without a really big umbrella, which he have already established would require more power than we have, I am at a loss for what to suggest."
 
In a gravelly voice, Pysynne says, "We could feed Vernal Ascendants we no longer have use for to the Moonhart for power, I suppose, but I guess that is not enough too."
 
A hint of amusement in her voice, Adushoc zi'Prouep says, "Do not be afraid to say something silly, young one. You saw this in the stars and planets, then dismissed yourself in doubt."
 
A squirrel skitters through the treetops somewhere above.
 
Continuing the hunt for his dark mate, Father Sun presses forward in his journey, lowering himself in the sky yet still casting even, full light upon the land.
 
You have emoted: Ani rubs her cheek thoughtfully, "So we know this storm is of an origin not of this world..", she turns to Toma Truehoof, "And you, Toma, said that you saw a terrible disaster and burning of history, is there any more detail to your readings?"
 
In a gravelly voice, Pysynne says, "Let's throw the Spear of Nintoba into the eye of the storm and see if anything falls out of the sky."

Comments

  • AniAni Member Posts: 48 Apprentice
    Toma Truehoof pulls a few notes from his bag and reads through them, looking up at you before looking back down and running a finger carefully along the neat lines of his own script. "There...the disaster was already here, but it wasn't a disaster yet. And...and then things that are but aren't stirred the disaster to become what it is, and now it's feeding on itself and food that cannot be eaten." He frowns and flips through a few sheets...
     
    Reading carefully, Toma Truehoof says to you, "I know that I was worried, and I looked twice as hard for more answers...but it didn't make any more sense. The answer that was forgotten, a thought that has woken but still slumbers...and a fire that the rain cannot quench."
     
    With a rumbling growl, Unscarred Kar says, "Timequakes don't make sense, so I just charge into whatever has solid form and let the rest sort itself out. Seems similar, but I'm a simple bear."
     
    Turning on his heel, Caedir Aormeah strides south, making nary a sound.
     
    You have emoted: Ani fidgets from foot to foot as she listens to Toma Truehoof. Her eyes move to Kar. "Timequakes! They're not.. they're like openings?"
     
    You tilt your head curiously.
     
    You say, "I don't know much about them.. perhaps this thing came from those?"
     
    Adushoc zi'Prouep ponders the situation.
     
    Barely a step can be heard as Caedir Aormeah strides in from the south.
     
    An armoured owl soars into the sky and flies around in a few circles.
     
    Shadows grow longer in anticipation for the return of their dark mistress as Father Sun's chase brings him closer to the world's edge.
     
    Shades of blue dance in her crystalline figure as Adushoc zi'Prouep remarks, "Come, Toma. The night and the stars wait for no one." Grabbing her things, she quickly trods down the hill.
     
    Grabbing a few belongings from the scoop, Toma Truehoof trots after Adushoc for a night of starwatching at the Lyceum.
     
    In a gravelly voice, Pysynne says, "I mentioned that thought last weave, it didn't gain much traction at the time though. Perhaps new light is shed on the matter though."
     
    Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart says, "There is hope they could find new answers in the stars tonight."
     
    Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart ponders for a moment and says "Hrm..."
     
    Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart says, "What are these timequakes, in simple terms? Maybe our answer lies in something we are simply overlooking."
     
    In a gravelly voice, Pysynne says, "I don't think there is a simple term... they are openings into... the past or present... or future... we harvest anomalies from them and try to commit to some form of research."
     
    You chew on your lip thoughtfully.
     
    You say, "If you can enter, things can come out."
     
    Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart nods her head sagely at you.
     
    In a gravelly voice, Pysynne says, "Well technically things did come out... one eyed dominator type creatures that tried to attack us all."
     
    In a gravelly voice, Pysynne says, "I think they wanted to eat us and they may have been purple, but I did not look that closely."
     
    The howl of a distant wolf momentarily silences the crickets.
     
    With a rumbling growl, Unscarred Kar says, "I can't remember the details, but I had dreams leading up to the first quake that included a hungry Goloth lady."
     
    A gust of wind sends the Tree of Autumn's End twisting and turning, causing the gaping maws etched into the faces of the dead to open and close, as if they were trying to speak their last words over and over.
     
    Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart exhales sharply in frustration and begins to pace back and forth, frowning in consternation. "I have a nagging feeling that the answer we are looking for is much simpler than we are giving it credit for, especially with Toma's reading."
     
    You turn quickly as a twig snaps behind you.
     
    In a gravelly voice, Pysynne says, "Maybe Chuchip would have more answers? He is known for his ancient wisdom and prophesy."
     
    Across the heavens, the stars and moon challenge night's dark reign, revealing familiar constellations that tell the tales of myth and legend.
     
    Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart says, "Perhaps, it may be wor--."
     
    A bolt of lightning crashes to strike the surface of Moon Lake, sending enormous sprays of water soaring over the treetops that are visible throughout the forest.
     
    You say, "A disaster that was already here, but wasn't a disaster yet. Things that are but aren't stirred the disaster."
    Bandrui Fyrgenwig glares angrily at you.
    Bandrui Fyrgenwig says, "Greater Disaster long ago in Balach. Mugwump families never forget. But her family is cursed, with him. Oh, insane curses on him."
     
    You say, "The lightning has hit the Moon Lake a few times now..."
     
    Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart's face hardens, and she stares up at the sky. "I think that the longer we spend searching for the source of the problem, the stronger the problem grows. I have...a wild idea."
     
    A thoughtful tone in her voice as she stares towards the sky, Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart says, "The forest will suffer most if the storm is allowed to grow unabated, to strike through the the coming months and spread its suffering longer."
     
    Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart says, "Though the forest may hurt in one large strike, we can begin the process of healing sooner and prevent it from possibly getting worse if we force the storm to break now."
     
    A fierce timberwolf tilts back his head in a low, resonant howl.
     
    Pysynne tilts his head and listens intently to Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart.
    Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart flashes Pysynne a joyous smile.
     
    A fierce timberwolf tilts back his head in a low, resonant howl.
     
    Frowning, you say, "But.. how do we force a storm to break.." she glances at Pysynne, "unless a shaman can manipulate it..? But you said you didn't have much luck with the weather before."
     
    Pysynne shakes his head.
     
    In a gravelly voice, Pysynne says, "I did not."
     
    In a gravelly voice, Pysynne says, "And there are not enough shamans in the Serenwilde. Two that I know of."
     
    Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart says, "I doubt any single person could, yet perhaps if we were to work together we could speak with the spirit of the storm, and encourage it to break."
     
    Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart says, "I will not decide for you, though. It is simply an idea that I thought was better than nothing."
     
    You say to Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart, "Do we.. just stand in the middle of the forest and scream at the sky?"
     
    You ponder the situation.
     
    You say, "Or maybe we go to Moon Lake, since the lightning seems to favour it."
     
    Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart laughs faintly, and offers you a genuine smile. "Screaming at the sky might help our spirits, but I believe the easiest solution would be for us to form a circle, and attempt to commune with the storm as I commune with the Mother. I know I cannot leave this place for long, but I believe here may be the best location simply because of the protection she will offer us."
     
    Bandrui Fyrgenwig wraps her arms around the Moonhart Mother Tree and pats the bark with her fingers. "Good Mother... No hissing."
     
    A horrible sense of anticipation comes over you as the forest grows strangely quiet. A moment later, an enormous crash of thunder precedes a lightning strike just a clearing over, bringing the stench of burning vegetation with it.
     
    You have emoted: Nodding, Ani reaches muddy hands out to Kar and Pysynne, gripping their hands and tugging the two men towards Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart, "Let's form a circle, then. The sooner we can convince the storm to break and find an answer to its origin, the better we might be able to figure out what it wants or intentions are!"
     
    You have recovered balance on all limbs.
     
    Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart jumps into the air and lands with a bump.
     
    Bandrui Fyrgenwig grabs the Moonhart Mother tightly and wails at the sky.
     
    Though the storm continues to rage overhead, underneath the shelter of the Mother Moonheart's branches there is a semblance of calm as Miakoda offers each of you a small smile.
     
    Casting her eyes about, Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart says, "Before we form the circles, let us take precautions for the worst. If there is one among you skilled in such, let us light a fire to soothe our minds, bodies, and ground our senses in the present."
     
    [I decided to take hunting so I could build a campfire - movement to buy stuff!]
  • AniAni Member Posts: 48 Apprentice
    The Moonhart Mother Tree.
    Towering high above is the Moonhart Mother Tree, stretching her enormous branches heavenwards. Wreathed about in vines, an elegant altar shaped from shining silver stands here, surrounded by a faintly crimson aura. Gleaming with a silver lambency, a slender tree grows here, its bark and boughs displaying the faces of the dead. There are 3 small screech owls here. An illustrated canvas hangs in the air here, supported by silvery ribbons. There are 9 fierce timberwolves here. A moon maiden floats here, her form swathed in glowing cloth. There are 6 armoured owls here. There are 2 silver-furred vixens here. A striped badger is here, licking its paws. There are 2 armoured foxes here. Covered in bone armour, watching you warily, a silver-furred vixen sniffs the air. Glowing gently with a soft blue light, a delicate dreamcatcher has been permanently hung here. Lacking any visible weapon, Adasser, Wolverine's Mask assesses his surroundings with glacial blue eyes. Singing a hauntingly beautiful melody, Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart, stands here. A mature oak tree stands proudly here. Reaching up as high as the eye can see looms the awesome presence of a living totem. Bandrui Fyrgenwig chitters to herself, wild hair drooping about her face. A fae architect flutters about busily, attending to his work. One thumb tucked into his belt, the ranger Caedir Aormeah lounges here. Adushoc zi'Prouep quietly stands here, an elegant white robe flowing about her crystalline form. The young centaur Toma stares into the wide skies overhead, attentive to any disturbances. The regal form of a Lady of Moonlight stands here, gleaming streamers of white fabric surrounding the graceful figure. Unscarred Kar is here. He wields a wickedly curved iron bardiche with both hands.
    You see exits leading north, south, and through a vined stairway.
     
    You take some wood and light it with a soot-blackened tinderbox, causing it to erupt into a soothing fire.
     
    You stoke the campfire and add another piece of wood to the flame.
     
    As though emboldened by your efforts, the campfire continues to burn in spite of the constant rain. A gentle warmth flickers out to caress your body as the familiar scent of woodsmoke teases your nose.
     
    A small stack of wood is on fire, crackling and popping in a comforting way.
    It weighs about 50 pounds.
    It has the following aliases: campfire, fire.
     
    The warmth of the merry campfire drains away your tensions and worries.
     
    You have emoted: Ani steps back towards Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart and the others, nodding. "It still burns, a good sign that this might work."
     
    The warmth of the merry campfire drains away your tensions and worries.
     
    Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart says, "A bard's work would help to bind a piece of ourselves here, to safeguard our spirits as we attempt to commune with the spirit, but we will make do."
     
    Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart gives a confident, assured smile.
     
    Kar begins briskly walking in a wide circle, lifting his knees high, creating a path in the shape of a ring. As he trots faster and faster along this ringed path, you see a hazy image of a white stag running next to him.
     
    Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart gives a trillingly melodic laugh.
     
    Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart says to Kar, "A moment before I could ask, you have called the spirit of the stags forth to walk our circle into being. This will, hopefully, keep us safe from outside interference."
     
    You say, "If I were able to become a bard, I would, but I fear the skills and art of music are beyond me."
     
    Kar high-steps with heavy footfalls around the circle, occasionally letting out a fearsome bellow.
     
    The warmth of the merry campfire drains away your tensions and worries.
     
    In the wake of the hazy white stag's passing, a dark green light seems to emanate from the earth like hundreds of glowing pine needles. A sense of security falls over you, and a small piece of tension lifts from your shoulders.
     
    The warmth of the merry campfire drains away your tensions and worries.
     
    Stretching her arms out to either side, Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart says, "Now, if you will join me in seeking out the presence of the storm to influence it, we may begin."
     
    Bandrui Fyrgenwig creeps towards the figure and sits down, rocking back and forth. Her large, wet eyes reflect the brightness of the fire, and her face relaxes somewhat.
     
    You have emoted: Ani thrusts her hands up into the sky, blush creeping into her cheeks beneath the scars. She looks to Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart, "Do we just.. think about the storm-presence?"
     
    Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart gives a gentle laugh and reaches up to take your hand, reaching out and taking Kar's the next. "I will guide us, do not fret. I am sure we can do this."
     
    As Miakoda's hand joins with the druid's, a thrum of energy rises up around you. The grass seems to be greener, the air fresher, and the forest alive and waiting to witness the events here.
     
    Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart looks at her two companions before asking, "Are you ready?"
     
    The warmth of the merry campfire drains away your tensions and worries.
     
    You have emoted: Ani looks sheepish and grasps Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart's hand, her eyes soon widening and her lips part in surprise. She holds her breath, before letting it out quickly and nods to Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart. "Yes, I am ready."
     
    Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart tilts her head and listens intently to Kar.
     
    Kar gives a slight nod, although it is clear his focus is kept quite full with maintaining the walk.
     
    Her voice pulsing with energy that flows through you, Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart says, "Mother Moon and White Hart, watch over our path as we seek to find the source of the tempest that plagues us."
     
    Shafts of silvery moonlight pierce the cover of the clouds for a moment, wrapping you in a soft embrace as a mighty bellow can be heard from the western mounds that bolsters your resolve.
     
    You have emoted: Ani squeezes Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart's hand, her posture shifting as she becomes more confident under the presence of the Great Spirits.
     
    Her voice beginning to lift your senses, Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart says, "Rise with me, to the heavens above. With our anchors in place, let us find the source of this disturbance and will it to unleash its fury here and now, lest it grow too strong to bear."
     
    The warmth of the merry campfire drains away your tensions and worries.
    The musky scent of loam and leaves fills you with vibrancy.
     
    A sensation that begins as a tickling within your nose quickly fills your entire body, growing into a sense of being that exceeds your own. You blink, and suddenly, you are standing behind yourself.
     
    You whisper, "W-what...?"
     
    As one, your circle rises into the air - bypassing the canopy and rising into the sky towards the dark, rumbling clouds above. A surge of energy passes through you as you breach the cover of the storm into near-perfect darkness.
     
    Though you cannot see her in the storm, you hear the voice of your guide, saying, "Do not be afraid. You are safe at the Mother with me, but now our spirits travel to our goal." A moment later, her voice rings out more heavily, "I am Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart , and we come to commune with the spirit of this storm!"
     
    A blinding flash of lightning suddenly illuminates the expanse of cloud around you, the light remaining long after the bolt has sailed to strike at the ground below.
     
    Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart tells you, "Call out as well, do not fear!"
     
    The warmth of the merry campfire drains away your tensions and worries.
     
    You have emoted: A second voice joins the other, "I am Ani, of the Green Fens Tribe of the Serenwilde! I join with the Maiden of the Moonhart to commune with the spirit of the storm!". Ani's voice starts off unsure, but grows in confidence towards the end.
     
    A vaguely star-shaped being materialises in front of you, and reaches out a hand cautiously before withdrawing it. It emits noise, but no discernible speech escapes, simply "KRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHT!" Still, it looks expectantly at you, as though waiting an answer.
     
    Miakoda reaches out her hand towards the glowing figure, a single finger outstretched. It carefully touches the proffered digit, and a surge of energy flows through Miakoda and through you, and while it is unpleasant - it does not pain you.
     
    The warmth of the merry campfire drains away your tensions and worries.
     
    The figure withdraws its hand and tilts its head, "Mee...uh...ko...da. An...nee..."
     
    You have emoted: Startled, Ani gasps loudly and stares in both wonder and fear at the being that appears. She flinches back from the hand that reaches forwards, but steels herself at the last moment, her mouth opening to speak. She pauses, before wtinessing Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart reach out a finger to the being's outstretched hand, her mouth dropping open as the energy flows into her.
     
     
    Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart's spirit nods at you, encouragement in her eyes.
     
    You have emoted: Ani's spirit form moves slightly towards the figure, her voice clear as she asks, "You know our names, but what is yours?"
     
    The warmth of the merry campfire drains away your tensions and worries.
     
    "Myrsky," the figure responds, much clearer than its broken speech a moment ago. "I am...Myrsky."
     
    You have emoted: Ani smiles warmly at the figure, "Myrsky, hello." She tilts her head, eyes curious before she asks, "You are the spirit of the storm?"
     
    "Yes, I am Myrsky." It mimics the woman's posture, tilting its head to the sky as well. "Why you are here?"
     
    You say, "We came to speak with you because the storm is hurting our forest, Serenwilde. Do you mean us harm?"
       
    A hush hangs heavy over the glade at the Mother Moonhart Tree, where Ani and Miakoda stand with eyes closed and hands linked - Kar stomping around them.
     
    "Myrsky wake, and grow, and play. No harm." Its voice sounds fairly disappointed, like a child who has been told that it cannot stomp into the river.
  • AniAni Member Posts: 48 Apprentice
    The invisible barrier above the Mother Moonhart holds strong as an enormous bolt of lightning crashes against it, the thunderclap accompanying it shaking the trees near you.
     
    Emika jumps into the air and lands with a bump.
     
    Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart's posture remains fixed at Emika's words and the strike of the storm, still holding hands with you with closed eyes as emerald light glows between them.
     
    Bandrui Fyrgenwig points towards Emika and then points towards the sky. "They are flying, high high high. Boom boom." She points at Emika again. "They don't see, hear you!"
     
    CRACK! BOOOOOOOOOOOM!
     
    Across the heavens, the stars and moon challenge night's dark reign, revealing familiar constellations that tell the tales of myth and legend.
     
    As lightning crashes down against the forest amid an prolonged thunderclap, the area around you is painted in stark shades of white and black for what feels like an eternity before fading back to normal.
     
    "Eek!" Bandrui Fyrgenwig shouts in fright.
     
    Glimmer of Moondust, Emika Moonvine says, "Lightning everywhere."
     
    Emika shivers violently.
     
    Emika searches the air in front of her, then tugs upon an invisible strand of force.
     
    Emika turns translucent and then vanishes, leaving behind a cloud of sparkling motes of light.
     
    Caedir Aormeah purses his lips pensively, gazing off into the distance as he carefully gathers his thoughts.
     
    A handsome, pure black stag with black wings tilts his antlers back curiously.
     
    You have emoted: Ani lifts a hand, palm facing the being in a gesture of peace. "You might not mean harm, but it seems you don't know your own strength. Your lightning is strong, grows stronger as you grow!"
     
     
    A handsome, pure black stag with black wings tilts his antlers back curiously.
     
    You say, "It hurts the forest, the trees and plants. Our people would be harmed too if the lightning strikes them."
     
    The howl of a distant wolf momentarily silences the crickets.
     
    "Myrsky want play..." Disappointment again, melancholy. The clouds around you grow darker and more somber as they rumble ominously. "Sleep so long, then wake. Things make Myrsky big, and grow, and then..."
     
    Choros arrives from the south.
    He is followed by a fluffy turquoise llama with magnificent shaggy wings, a frisky puppy, a green parakeet, a frisky puppy, a sapphiric skylark, a frisky puppy, and a sapphiric skylark.
     
    Choros doffs a black felt porkpie hat with a quartz button cordially.
     
    Viscount Choros Shevat, Syndicate Agent says, "Good day to you, sir and miss."
     
    Bandrui Fyrgenwig points towards Choros and then points towards the sky. "They are flying, high high high. Boom boom." She points at Choros again. "They don't see, hear you!"
     
    Bandrui Fyrgenwig claps her hands excitedly as she intones a hearty, "Boom!"
     
    Choros sticks his tongue out and says 'Ack.'
     
    Kar keeps parading about his ringwalk, focused on containing the impetuous young spirit full of too much damn energy.
     
    You have emoted: Noticing the clouds grow darker, the spirit-form of Ani rushes to change the subject, "Where did you wake from, Myrsky?"
     
    Choros looks about in confusion.
     
    Viscount Choros Shevat, Syndicate Agent says to Bandrui Fyrgenwig, "Are you well?"
     
    Patting the ground beside her, Bandrui Fyrgenwig says to Choros, "She is frightened of hiss and boom! But hiss no more. Hiss speaks. So she is content."
     
    "Myrsky play, and then fall asleep home. Then, Myrsky go small, and is everywhere. Then, Myrsky wake, and play here in place that is not home!"
     
    Midnight shadows coalesce around a new day, and Mother Night embraces the land in utter darkness.
    It is now the 3rd of Klangiary, 532 years after the Coming of Estarra.
     
    Choros nods slowly, still confused. After a moment, he replies to Bandrui, "That is good to hear. Do you usually have..erm,..exploding snakes or something?"
     
    Bandrui Fyrgenwig stands up and looks agitated, stamping her feet and running around in a circular lope. "Big storm! Boom! Boom!" She waves her hands like a crazy person. "Flash! Flash!"
     
    Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart's posture remains fixed at throughout the conversation, still holding hands with you with closed eyes as emerald light glows between them.
     
    Understanding flashing across his face, Viscount Choros Shevat, Syndicate Agent says, "Oh, a storm. Yes, storms can be quite frightening."
     
    You have emoted: The spirit-form of Ani replies, "The Serenwilde is very old, you must have slept for a very long time. Do you have brothers and sisters?"
     
    You have recovered balance on all limbs.
     
    Bandrui Fyrgenwig points at the sky insistently before sitting down again by the fire here.
     
    "Many, yes, all Myrsky!" The childlike voice says this in glee, but then the clouds grow dark as it thinks. "But Myrsky here, and Myrsky is not here. Myrsky need play, and play, and play...and when can no more play, then Myrsky will be home, with Myrsky!"
     
    The clouds above roil and writhe in a horrible, brutal beautiful dance of onyx and obsidian as they rage over the Serenwilde forest.
     
    Bandrui Fyrgenwig lifts her eyes, which glitter as they look up at the raging storm. She clutches the bone charm around her neck tightly with a hand as she rocks back and forth, muttering to herself.
     
    Noticing a bug crawling nearby, Choros prods it away from him with the toe of his shoe. After a bit, he speaks up. "Yes, well, anyway. I wonder who I might talk to in order to hunt in your forest for some venison."
     
    "Myrsky, maybe you could play very hard now?" Miakoda queries, glancing at you and Kar carefully.
     
    The clouds above roil and writhe in a horrible, brutal beautiful dance of onyx and obsidian as they rage over the Serenwilde forest.
     
    Bandrui Fyrgenwig says to Choros, "Bones bones bones bones bones! She wants bones and hears storm! No one hears him, no... Not with storm. Not with Myrsky."
     
    Bandrui Fyrgenwig gets up and lopes around in a slow circle again, stamping her feet.
     
    Glancing at the skies above, Viscount Choros Shevat, Syndicate Agent says, "I see."
     
    You have emoted: The spirit-form of Ani smiles encouragingly at Myrsky, "Could we play with you, Myrsky? Perhaps you will be home quicker!"
     
    Choros glances at you in confusion, scanning the area for a moment. Finally, he turns back to the scampering mugwump. "This Myrsky, is it one of your spirit things?"
     
    Choros murmurs softly to himself.
     
    Bandrui Fyrgenwig points upwards and mouths with her large lips, "BOOM BOOM."
     
    "Boom boom." Choros whispers, rolling his eyes surreptitiously and rising to his feet.
     
    A bright aura of blue light glows forth from the Glinshari Circle, signalling that the Flame of Glinshari continues to shine.
     
    The star-shaped figure bounces lightly, and seems to glow bright with delight. "Myrsky can play as hard as Myrsky want now? No grow have to wait and big?"
     
    A bright orange glow can briefly be seen in the clouds above, slowly fading into the dark blacks and greys it was before.
     
    Choros narrows his eyes and stares upwards.
     
    The horizon glows with burnished shades of orange and red, heralding the imminent arrival of Father Sun upon the rim of the world.
     
    Lugging her belongings, Adushoc zi'Prouep returns and resumes her place under the Mother Moonhart.
     
    Heralded by hoof beats, Toma Truehoof appears, following Adushoc to come to a stop under the branches of the Moonhart Mother Tree. He looks elated by the night's star watching.
     
    Kar hears something about 'playing hard' and huffs out of his nose before really sinking into each stomp of his ringwalk.
     
    Quietly, so as not to disturb the circle, Toma Truehoof says, "Did you see that, honoured elder? The sky changed, for a moment! It might be working."
     
    Choros waves his arms before himself and suddenly his body becomes blurry and out of focus.
     
    Sniffing about cautiously, a frisky puppy explores a bit before returning to sit by the feet of her master.
     
    Choros sniffs the air while fluttering a cute little rabbit nose.
     
    You have emoted: Ani grips Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart's hand firmly and nods to Myrsky, "Yes! Play as hard as Myrsky wants. Grow and be home!"
     
    "Spirit of the storm, Myrsky," Miakoda's voice rings like a phantasmal bell in this ethereal space, "I humbly beseech you on behalf of the Mother Moonhart and the Serenwilde, let loose your joy now and do not allow it to grow further. We welcome your playing."
     
    Bandrui Fyrgenwig exclaims to Toma Truehoof, "Boom boom boom boom. She speaks. Boom boom boom, no hisss." She lopes around and around. "Play play play play play no fear!"
     
    The star-shaped manifestation tilts its head towards Miakoda before its static-filled voice fills the cloud in no sensible words, but an exclamation of delight, filling the sky around you with brilliant colours - laughter. It laughs for a few moments longer and then vanishes, leaving you to sink out of the sky.
     
    The sky fills with bright pinks and purples, the clouds rumbling in a terrifyingly loud crash before the colours fade once more.
     
    "Eek!" Bandrui Fyrgenwig shouts in fright.
     
    Descending through the bank of clouds once more, you see the clouds roiling and writhing in a true maelstrom of power. The dancing onyx and charcoal break in colour only when white-hot streaks of lightning beat down upon the forest with unrelenting fury.
     
    Your senses blur, and when they sharpen once again you are once more in your physical body. Miakoda smiles faintly, looking at each of you, "I believe that Myrsky has listened, and will start playing in full force. I feel as though you should take care when wandering the Wilde."
     
    The smell of wildflowers wafts past your nose.
     
    A deafening boom of thunder and a bolt of lightning mark the Maiden's words. The terrible storm worsens as the clouds above open with their full force to pelt the Serenwilde and all within them.
     
    The musky scent of loam and leaves fills you with vibrancy.
     
    You have emoted: Ani sways on the spot as she is rejoined with her physical form, eyes blinking several times before she finds Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart's gaze. "I will let the forest know of what has happened. We know their name now, and their..sort of intent. To be at home." She frowns and asks Miakoda, "They are..star-shaped, but not quite a physical manifestation, a spirit.. are they one of the half-formed?"
     
    Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart says, "I do not believe so. I believe as we sought to communicate, and to understand, and to know, the spirit of the storm approached us in a manner amicable to such. Do you remember those odd balls that bounced through the Wilde, what feels like a lifetime ago?"
     
    You furrow your brow in thought.
     
    You say to Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart, "I think that was before I came to the Serenwilde, but I remember talk of them- they became linorii? or were eaten by them."
     
    You scratch your head in confusion.
     
    With a rumbling growl, Unscarred Kar says, "I call them rabbits."
     
    Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart gives a trillingly melodic laugh.
     
    Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart says, "Yes, I believe those are the names that were used. That spirit...Myrsky, it felt similar to those strange balls. I have yet to realise what that means, but it was a very similar energy."
     
    A fierce timberwolf tilts back his head in a low, resonant howl.
     
    You say, "I wonder..."
     
    Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart tilts her head curiously at you.
     
    You say, "There was an elfen lady that spoke to the balls.. or heard them?"
     
    You say, "Ugh, I can't remember her name. But I know she spoke with Lady Maylea?"
     
    Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart frowns and shakes her head, "I am afraid I do not know, either, Ani. But..." She smiles and looks at you and Kar before excitedly proclaiming, "I think we did it!"
     
    The sun reaches the zenith of the firmament, pausing in his quest to allow the land to bask in his shining golden rays.
     
    You have emoted: Ani looks around before smiling back at Miakoda and Kar, "I do suppose we did?"
     
    Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart says, "The storm may grow much worse, but if Myrsky focuses on playing, and not on growing, he may...well, tucker himself out."
     
    Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart gives a trillingly melodic laugh.
     
    A fierce timberwolf tilts back his head in a low, resonant howl.
     
    Bandrui Fyrgenwig lopes around and around. "Play play play play play! He's playing! He's playing! Boom boom boom!" She stops and looks up at you and Kar. "Flash flash boom boom, no hiss."
     
    Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart says to you, "If you could do me one favour?"
     
    You have emoted: Ani nods to Miakoda, "We will have to be careful. With lightning does come fire! I'll make sure there's buckets at the Moonhart so others can douse the flames if needed." She smiles at Bandrui Fyrgenwig, "You are in brighter spirits this weave, it is good to see. I told you you'd be safe here, didn't I!"
     
    You have recovered balance on all limbs.
     
    You tilt your head curiously at Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart.
    Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart flashes you a joyous smile.
     
    Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart says to you, "There are many of the commune who were unable to be here, but should know these things. Would you scribe upon the news boards, so that everyone might rest easy knowing some action has been taken?"
     
    Bandrui Fyrgenwig rattles her bones and cackles at you.
     
    You smile and say to Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart, "I will, of course!"
     
    You give Bandrui Fyrgenwig the once-over, eyeing her suspiciously.
    Bandrui Fyrgenwig exclaims, "Skulls and bones will make you groan!"
    Bandrui Fyrgenwig cackles hellishly.
     
    Bandrui Fyrgenwig crouches down next to the Mother Moonhart and blinks her large, wide eyes while looking up, whispering, boom-boom-boom-boom-boom.
     
    Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart smiles and steps wearily towards the Mother Monhart Tree. "Then I will wish you well, and commune with the Mother. This has tuckered me out as well."
     
    A bright smile on his eager face, Toma Truehoof exclaims to Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart, "You did a great job. All of you really, but thank you for guiding them!"
     
    Agreeing with Toma, you say, "Aye, thank you, Miakoda. Without you, we'd be quite lost."
Sign In or Register to comment.