Descriptions: From Divines to Mortals, and Beasts, and Items, and Mobs, and Places!

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    About the size of a small melon, this strange ball is incredibly dense, its surface rubbery and rough to the touch. The bumpy skin is earthen in hue, splashed by haphazard streaks of emerald and azure across its bumpy skin that reflect light like lacquer. A strong, inorganic smell comes off of the the sphere, reminiscent of burnt air after lightning. As a testimony to its incredible elastic properties, the irregular ball leaps up into a bounce at the slightest disturbance.
    It is about to decay.
    It weighs about 5 pounds.
    It has the following aliases: ball.
  • Do the Keepers of Song (old bard skill tutors) have descriptions anywhere from before They were voices? I know Rhapsody kind of halfway has a description via a statue in Celest but I was curious if there was anything more substantial out there?
  • @Hegemone I couldn't find anything for Crys except that he was good-looking, apparently, but there is this bit about Jilai in one quest:

Her eyes bright with effervescent life, this trill is but a memory - and yet so perfectly living a memory, vivacious and colourful. She is held aloft by magnificent wings of pure ivory feathers billowing behind her with impossible fragility and grace. Draped across her shoulders, an elegantly styled, if old-fashioned, opera gown sparkling with dusted silver clings to her silhouette, its material decidedly iridescent and luxurious. A classic diadem of ornately wrought sapphire crowns her brow, more stage costume than haute couture in its construction. In contrast, a bewitchingly exquisite pendant hangs about her neck, glowing with Divine power that dwarfs all the loveliness of its mortal vessel. Her rubescent lips part as she sings, each note lingering in the air as a pinprick of bejewelled, crystalline light.
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • Also found another: 

Beautifully pure crystal has been used to craft this elegant plinth, which displays a lifelike hologram of Maestro Jilai Clarramore. A fresh and lively looking trill, this youthful individual is unusually short for her race. Delicate facial features are framed with pale blue feathers that cascade down between tall wings of the same colour. She is clad in an airy white velvet dress of which all the pockets and pouches have been stuffed completely full of unfinished sheet-music. In her spindly arms is cradled her most prized possession, the crystal violin of the accompagnato.
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

• Question of my own, would anyone happen to have all the versions of Maeve and Laeroc? Normal, Nil-touched, solar queen, and the rest? Most curious about Laeroc.

• Gleaming with unusual brilliance, silken tresses fall from a regally poised head adorned with a 
    halcyon tiara of wavy rays that artfully keeps the waterfall of aureate hair in place. A stunning 
    copper torc hangs across her otherwise unadorned neck falling deeply enough that is covers nearly 
    all of her torso. Her skirt gleams in blinding whites and yellows of the sun, intensely burning and 
    brightening everything around her. A radiant corona frames her figure which now bears crackling 
    lines that burst with sunlight. Her eyes dare all to defy their Queen from haunted black orbs with 
    luminscent cores surrounded by an aura of intense light.
    It weighs 1 ounce(s).
    It has a master sketch seal attached to it (#200845).
    It has the following aliases: sketch, doodle, sketching.
  • edited July 2018
    Queen Maeve on the New Moon

Wielding a majestic sceptre, the Queen of the Fae casually fills the room with her shadowy presence.

Silken tresses fall from a regally poised head adorned with a simple crown of 
    rustic thorns; the darkened points artfully keep the waterfall of raven hued 
    hair in place. A stunning onyx torc hangs across her otherwise unadorned neck 
    falling deeply enough that it covers nearly all of her torso with a darkening 
    grace. Eyes of shimmering red dance with an otherworldly knowledge and an aura 
    of purest shadow seeming emanates from her, lacing the surrounding air. 
    Completing the ensemble is a raven hued skirt that envelopes her lower half, 
    hanging down so it continually trains about the ground as she walks.
    Queen Maeve of the Fae does not even register your presence as a threat.
    Active: Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday EST

• Ianir said:
    The real Ghani hasn't been revealed. I will note, however, he was a trill and viscanti did not exist before the Taint Wars. However, knowing what I know, I'm just going to start spreading hype and say this is going to be a real treat for all you description collectors out there.
    Did it ever make it here?
  • Kistan said:
    Ianir said:
    The real Ghani hasn't been revealed. I will note, however, he was a trill and viscanti did not exist before the Taint Wars. However, knowing what I know, I'm just going to start spreading hype and say this is going to be a real treat for all you description collectors out there.
    Did it ever make it here?
    A towering figure of nearly eight feet, Ghani n'Rotri is even wider in wingspan than he is in height. He is a feathered trill soulless demigod, but what plumage he has is twisted and warped. His wings are near-skeletal, possessing only a few soot black plumes, their forms misshapen as if they had frozen partway through melting away. His face, on the other hand, is entirely whole - handsome and proud, with the sort of defined bone structure for which many would kill. It is strangely enhanced by the imposing nature of his figure, as if the contrast made it all the clearer. His eyes are the exception. There is no longer anything trill-like within them; they possess no iris, no pupil, no sclera. Rather, they are a bulging mass of sickly gold run through with cracks of iron grey. As he moves, the cracks shift and change, seeming almost to ooze the surrounding xanthic hue like sickly pus. Looking into them makes the truth of his nature entirely apparent: Ghani n'Rotri is not your average trill. Not anymore.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Thanks! 
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    This luminescent humanoid is tall and gangly, covered from head to foot in short blue fur of various
    shades streaked with stripes of dark green in a wave-like pattern. The creature's eyes are large and
    oval, iridescent with an emerald hue, and glowing faintly with their own light around vertical,
    slitted pupils. Long, coarse strands of dark hair hang down the humanoid's back, tied loosely with
    elastic thread, their tips spiky like barbs. Loose fabrics hang upon the creature's body as clothing,
    shimmering and blending with the environment. Long arms end in slender hands with strong, flexible
    fingers, while the legs appear to be double jointed, built for leaping, with a braided, many-
    stranded tail curled behind. A look of confusion sits upon the humanoid's face, tempered by a base
    of placid calm that gives the creature a sense of agelessness.

A spooked kaelye.
  • edited November 2018
    A crystalline knife of radiant light lies here, its shimmering splendour casting an everchanging glow upon its surroundings.

Masterfully crafted from translucent crystal, this knife has been honed to a razor sharp point. No longer than the average dagger, this ethereal knife glows and bubbles with dozens of pinpoints of brilliant light that swirl about in its glassy shell. The crystal at the handle of the blade has been crafted to look like raging waves that crash downward and meld with the perfectly smooth crystal of the blade itself.

a crystalline knife of radiant light
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited August 2019
    Yawn, another regular human god. :3
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Is there anyone who might have descriptions of Czixi, more specifically of what she wears? I might or might not be doing an Art Thing...

pronouns: they/them
  • Esei said:
    Is there anyone who might have descriptions of Czixi, more specifically of what she wears? I might or might not be doing an Art Thing...
    I have the full descriptions of what She wore to Nelras and Allie's wedding, and I have at least the brief of what She wears more normally. Will PM both to you.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• Czixi said:
    There are two different outfits, not counting the wedding outfit ;)
    Look, I'm not gonna lie. I have over 600 pages of logs from the time Allie joined the Order. It's a reasonably high chance I have the other outfit in there somewhere too. I just went for the ones I could find easily!

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• Does anybody have a description of Father Sun ;~;? 
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• Alright, here we have a description of a painting I did that I think turned out very nicely. And very long.

https://pastebin.com/G7Xh0swW
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Were there any actual descriptions for all of the dragons that have showed up? I missed almost all of the events :(
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    l me
    Covered in a coat of silky white fur with just a tint of jade, he is a bouncing furrikin dawncast demigod whose form shimmers from time to time with warm gold and orange light. His snout is thin and  narrow, with snowy white tufts of fur along its underside and extening from his cheeks until they connect with a small mane. This extends from the base of his frosted-jade ears all the way to his neck, where it narrows into a ridge about an inch across that vanishes under his clothing until it emerges along the top of his long, powerful tail and runs the full length to the tip, where it tufts outward like a paintbrush of pure white contrasted to his natural jade tones. Each finger and toe visible is tipped with claw the colour of the last vestiges of night just before dawn begins. He has a nervous demeanor about him, his slight frame often visibly tense and his quick motions occasionally leave golden afterimages in their wake, and that long tail is either conscoiusly being forced to rest just above his ankles or is allowed to twitch about like a nervous cat's.

l me
    Luce is here like the living work of a gifted but somewhat imaginative artist. He is a bouncing furrikin sky-painted demigod, whose white fur is has a faint jade tint to it and a silken texture to those he allows to touch it. He's slight and often visibly tense, with most of his motions quick and his powder-blue eyes darting from spot to spot. His snout is thin and narrow, with tufts of snow-white fur that run along its underside, extend out from his cheeks, and connect with a small mane that tops his head and begins to run down his spine before disappearing into his clothing. His triangular ears poke out from this mane with well over half their length exposed, the pale jade emphasised by contrast to the pure white. The base of his spine extends outward in a furred tail, with the same groove of white fur running along its top until the end, where both the underside and the top share ridges that combine. It tends to rest just above his ankles. Each finger is tipped with a dull black claw, which look as if they've been filed shorter rather than clipped. His whole body has a somehow washed out appearance not unlike watercolour paint that's been applied to a gently drifting cirrus cloud, with strands of misty colour trailing some of his more jarring movements and occasional cerulean 'gaps' appearing or fading on his fur.

Oh, hey, two new descriptions for Luce being a special demigod. (suggestions welcomed)
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Does anyone have a description of any of the dragon-formed dragons from the recent events?
  • edited June 2020
    Were there any actual descriptions for all of the dragons that have showed up? I missed almost all of the events :(
    Yes and no. Most of the time that players interacted with dragons, they took the form of dracnari - since if they were their true dragon form, they would be the size of a city district!

But you can get an idea of how those dragons might look from their dracnari forms. ;)

Here's an example of a mature dragon from the Celest event, who looks similar to most others:
    an arrogant dracnari emissary
    Restless and impatient with her constant movement, this dracnari's position as an emissary is made clear by her fine robes. Silver in hue, they are made of silk so soft and shimmering that it has the appearance of liquid metal. It falls as a curtain down her flat chest to her thighs and down her back to her knees, split at the sides to show the fitted layer underneath. A belt of unearthly stones cinches the garment together. Her features would be unremarkable for a dracnari, except for the fact that her scales are entirely devoid of colour. They are not white; rather, they are unnervingly translucent, displaying the blurred forms of blood vessels and nerves. She carries nothing, bears no weapons, and has little in the way of adornment save for a single silver circlet atop her bald, scaled head.
    Here is Nemuruko's dracnari form:
    a tall dracnari garbed in spectacular finery
    Almost ethereally tall and slender, this dracnari gentleman regards his surroundings with an almost exquisitely curious attentiveness. Azure scales cover his body, glistening like precious chips of sapphire, while sharp, preternaturally blue eyes gleam with canny intelligence, a faint misty haze swirling behind his irises. Lines of liquid silver accentuate the curves and planes of his jaw and cheekbones, whorling upward about his eyes and the ridge of his brow before unfurling in a lazy, lacy pattern at his temples. Equally suited to his eager demeanor, his garb is decidedly ostentatious: wide, sweeping shoulders serve as the mantle of his many-layered robes, multitudinous silks falling to obscure his form and brush against the ground. Intricate traceries of filigreed embroidery meander throughout, the whole affair shifting in hue and tint with no discernible provocation.
    Here is Mamira Shika's dracnari form:
    a hazy, iridescent dracnari girl
    Almost insubstantial, the vague appearance of this lissome dracnari is hazy with a shining iridescence that blurs her soft, girlish features. Amidst the shifting colours, however, prismatic scales that glisten through a spectrum of pale pinks, lavenders, yellows, blues and whites are visible, emanating a constant aura of light that wreathes her diminutive silhouette. Through glimmers of that light, a silken garb can be glimpsed that drapes over her youthful form in an elegant wrap. A beautiful head scarf of changing hues veils much of her head from view, though her crystal clear eyes shine with a startling clarity that speaks of a wisdom far beyond her years. Twined about her arms are two crystal bangles, one ornamented with the symbolic imagery of an open eye, and the other wrought to resemble an eye that remains closed to the world. Tendrils of smoke and mist dance about the dracnari's delicate figure to cast her in the languid beauty of a dream, rendering her both incorporeal and yet clearly present in a bewitching paradox of being.

And here is Sachiana's dracnari form:

a dracnari matriarch with piercing blue eyes
    Garbed in simple emerald-green robes which do little to hide the muscular contours of her form, this  dracnari matriarch glares resolutely about her, affixing her surroundings with piercingly vibrant azure eyes. Blood-red scales cover the front of her body, gradually lightening to an amber hue as they approach her spinal ridge. She wastes no energy on unnecessary actions: every movement she makes is sharp and precise, and executed with intense speed. Standing out as the sole piece of adornment she has deigned to display, the tips of her claws are sheathed in gold. Three parallel jagged scars mar one side of her face from brow to chin and reveal the blackened flesh beneath her scales.

You can read newsposts discussing each of these dragons to get a better idea of their personality and role in the year end events. :)

Avatar by Sam Smith. You can follow her on Twitter here.