Tweets VIII: Knocks Me Off My Tweet

Comments

• edited September 2019
    Xenthos said:
    Pysynne said:
    I mean they started being <insert your favourite insult here> 2 hours before the event even started. Xenthos was raiding Maylea's realm, I came to stop him, he ran away to get SIX more people. That's not "participating" that's saying "you can't play" and then not only doing it once, but doing it a second time. All the while scrying me every 2 - 3 minutes to rush to the temple the moment I entered it to clean up the Wyrd inside. I eventually logged off because the event had not even started and people were being trash. Now over an hour after the event they are still being trash to a side with literally nobody around to stop them.

But, hey, at least they had fun right?

This is standard Glomdoring mentality and has been the number one reason for people leaving the game. So yeah, pat them on the back.
    Do you remember how I left and you trash-talked me?  Then I came back and finished killing dryads and left again.  Then Pheebe raided Prime Glomdoring, killed an NPC, going immediately to Maylea's realm afterwards.  We grouped up to go kill Pheebe (and everyone else there).
    Your timeline is missing some important bits.
    That's a cool story, bro

Except you left, I said "oh good you ran away, saves me time" you came back in, I went to fight you, instead of actually fighting, like PVPers raiding would do you kept timeslipping and then running again to kill dryads that Lief had not got influenced yet. You didn't come back and actually fight till you had your posse, (no pheebe btw), you ran straight passed Lief, straight passed Ani, and right to try and kill me, the only reason you killed Ani first is because she didn't get out fast enough and attacked your group. 

The second time you scried me nonstop and the MOMENT I entered hifarae you ran straight to the temple, then when I didn't go in you waited outside of it, till I went in.. and poof you and your army of "pheebe killers" all rushed right back in to me.

So yeah, like I said, Cool story, bro. I am sure your friends believe it.

oh my apologies, Pheebe did come in after you/or someone among you atacked Raezon's realm in the middle of your running. you did not however attack Pheebe when you came running in. you went straight for me. My point stands.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    2019/09/08 20:55:40 - Pheebe slew Juur, the rowdy spriggan that was loyal to you.
    Given that the conversation on Crux was then: She went to Maylea's realm, let's go get her, and that's what we did (though obviously we targeted you first, being the bigger threat).  I'm not sure how you can say "No Pheebe btw" since we killed her during that fight.
    That said, the facts have been provided.  That's all I'm aiming to do here, per Nocht's comment.  If you want to argue the rest of things, do feel free to make a new thread!
  • To reiterate, I think it's time to stop announcing events on Twitter or wherever else when you (admin) know there's such a serious population imbalance. It'd be like if there was a Czixi vs Mysrai event, you guys pick an eastern hemisphere time and say "Hey! This event is brewing at 3 AM CST! What will happen??!!" (Hallifax will roll over and dominate the event. Very few Gaudiguchians will be able to participate even if we showed a modicum of clemency and allowed them to have fun too).

• I get why it’s announced. That part doesn’t bother me. What bothers me is when it turns into the same thing over and over and somehow those involved cannot see it. I just don’t understand the mentality that says it’s acceptable to make sure nobody else can enjoy it at the same time.

I remember plenty of times in the past when we have stood side by side for events, but those days feel like they’re as dead as my retired alts. 

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• edited September 2019
    Nyana said:
    Should be clear by now that Glomdoring neither wants competition nor interaction with the other side. They like playing the game alone, and that's where it'll end up.
    ;A; I LOVE interaction from the other side! Tonight I was trying to write an emote for Gurashi talking to Lief (edit: I think it was Lief? It was someone who has been polite to Gurashi from SW in the past) in Maylea's realm when we came back the second time, but then ... the Smotening (which was totally justified). It's amazingly fun to talk to people from other orgs n hear the world view from their character's perspectives ;~; 

I do agree with Maligorn tho about the Tweet thing... the only reason I logged on when I did was because I knew an event was happening. If I would have had no idea, I would've taken a nap lol. Having small, unspecific tweets hinting at something upcoming and becoming more frequent the closer it is to an unannounced event date is more compelling than "tonight! at 6 pm! an event! be there, or be square!"
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• Gurashi said:
    ;A; I LOVE interaction from the other side! Tonight I was trying to write an emote for Gurashi talking to Lief in Maylea's realm when we came back the second time, but then ... the Smotening (which was totally justified). It's amazingly fun to talk to people from other orgs n hear the world view from their character's perspectives ;~;
    I know you do, you remind me very much of "the way things used to be" that Alexandria mentions. <3  But it's not a universal attitude anymore.
  • hard agree with not including Glomdoring with events that involve the other orgs. They have proven time and again that they are in it for themselves; they should have their own events, and the rest of the game theirs.
    WHY WE FIGHT
    Accountability is necessary.
  • I would like to reiterate that  the staff whirl is made of SUCK.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • I mean yeah, it doesn't do anything but it's a venerable old joke power.
  • edited September 2019
    For druids its' always revealed anyone hidden. Not sure if it works on veil or masked persons.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• I had to laugh when I got the Hunter of the Ages achievement and it gave me an Exp Boost. Like, that's kind of the last thing I need these days.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited September 2019
    And chances are when you hit a milestone like that you’ve already been bashing forever and don’t feel like sticking around to use up a timed xp boost.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Not to self: stay away from ASCII art
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
    Coraline said:
    Not to self: stay away from ASCII art
    Not to self, or note to self?  Important distinction there.
  • Xenthos said:
    Coraline said:
    Not to self: stay away from ASCII art
    Not to self, or note to self?  Important distinction there.
    both
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • Once again I'm hearing word of people defending completely imbalanced skills and "strategies". Once again it's the usual suspects. Once again my feathers are hella ruffled.

When is it going to end, guys? Does it end with the game breathing its last breath?

• There's a lot of skills that are imbalanced currently, hopefully once reporting is ready that will fix it. Also in honesty number games plays a factor IMO when skills with high output damage is possible to zerg an individual.
  • Maligorn said:
    Once again I'm hearing word of people defending completely imbalanced skills and "strategies". Once again it's the usual suspects. Once again my feathers are hella ruffled.

When is it going to end, guys? Does it end with the game breathing its last breath?
    I'm looking forward to your list of Hallifax skills which need adjusting.
  • Steingrim said:
    Maligorn said:
    Once again I'm hearing word of people defending completely imbalanced skills and "strategies". Once again it's the usual suspects. Once again my feathers are hella ruffled.

I'm looking forward to your list of Hallifax skills which need adjusting.
    Aeromancy Northwind, Harmonics Turquoise to name what I would consider to be the worst offenders. Now your turn.

• Maligorn said:

I mean, it has been mentioned already, but numbers games also play a huge part as far as strategies. See: Darkseed (I think that is the skill name, anyhow.)

Or the fact that Wildewood can kinda passively make it almost impossible to duel the class, presuming the WW player know what they are doing. But no one brings that up.

On the other hand, and I'mma catch crap for this I'm sure, but man...shaman lightning is a frickin' meme, lol.
  • I was away this weekend for a wedding, so I was unable to address anything before now. 

I'll be looking into Shamanism Lightning today.
  • edited September 2019
    Editted - Unneeded comment - Orael

But seriously though. 

Darkseed. And give warriors love :(
    Crow!  Mighty Crow!  Glorious Crow!
  • Harken said:
    Darkseed. 

Evoke Yesod.
  • edited September 2019
    Maligorn said:
    To reiterate, I think it's time to stop announcing events on Twitter or wherever else when you (admin) know there's such a serious population imbalance. It'd be like if there was a Czixi vs Mysrai event, you guys pick an eastern hemisphere time and say "Hey! This event is brewing at 3 AM CST! What will happen??!!" (Hallifax will roll over and dominate the event. Very few Gaudiguchians will be able to participate even if we showed a modicum of clemency and allowed them to have fun too).
    I am in agreement with this too for such a long time now honestly and probably not a popular comment. Though it would be nice to see happen nonetheless.

<a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.lusternia.com/banner/minkahmet.jpg">https://www.lusternia.com/banner/minkahmet.jpg</a>
  • Minkahmet said:
    Maligorn said:
    To reiterate, I think it's time to stop announcing events on Twitter or wherever else when you (admin) know there's such a serious population imbalance. It'd be like if there was a Czixi vs Mysrai event, you guys pick an eastern hemisphere time and say "Hey! This event is brewing at 3 AM CST! What will happen??!!" (Hallifax will roll over and dominate the event. Very few Gaudiguchians will be able to participate even if we showed a modicum of clemency and allowed them to have fun too).
    I am in agreement with this too for such a long time now honestly and probably not a popular comment. Though it would be nice to see happen nonetheless.

This is too true. If events -must- be timed poorly, perhaps stop notifying literally everyone that -can- be involved via twitter. I creates a sense of one-sidedness, makes the game stale because other people who -want- to do things feel left out, and so they go elsewhere for their entertainment.

• Inanna, ooh na na. Half of my heart is in Inanna, ooh na na.
  • Melech said:
    Inanna, ooh na na. Half of my heart is in Inanna, ooh na na.
    Literally?
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."