Tweets VIII: Knocks Me Off My Tweet

Comments

• edited July 2019
    Somebody over on Starmourn forums a while ago recorded a piano playing of himself singing along to altered lyrics of a real song made to fit something in Starmourn, and it was OMG amazing. Envy.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    This freakin rules my world.  :D
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I can’t express how much I like mini events. It’s like fun filler episodes 
  • Aruokei said:
    I can’t express how much I like mini events. It’s like fun filler episodes 
    This is how I feel everytime I have an Order interaction of some sort. Because 99% of my Order interactions are with the NPCs. :smile:

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• I've just read Tamthys' journal from the Flock of Miracles quest and my heart is bleeding all over the place ;_;

• I've just read Tamthys' journal from the Flock of Miracles quest and my heart is bleeding all over the place ;_;

Is that quest doable by anyone at all? It was my understanding that it required the Cantor emote for at least one of the doves.
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • Choros said:
    I've just read Tamthys' journal from the Flock of Miracles quest and my heart is bleeding all over the place ;_;

Is that quest doable by anyone at all? It was my understanding that it required the Cantor emote for at least one of the doves.
    Ngl, I don't know for sure. I found the quest in the last stage and only had to get one dove before it completed. I THINK (and I could absolutely be wrong, this was just the impression I got based off the NPC's wording) that the Cantor required emote is for at the end, when one of the doves stays in the room and you have the option to take it to Rhapsody's Voice?
  • Choros said:
    I've just read Tamthys' journal from the Flock of Miracles quest and my heart is bleeding all over the place ;_;

Ngl, I don't know for sure. I found the quest in the last stage and only had to get one dove before it completed. I THINK (and I could absolutely be wrong, this was just the impression I got based off the NPC's wording) that the Cantor required emote is for at the end, when one of the doves stays in the room and you have the option to take it to Rhapsody's Voice?
    This is accurate. The quest is not dependent on being a particular class, but once the quest has been done, there is a way for Cantors to get a little bonus lore.
    Art by the multitalented Aonia

I love that journal! I cried when I read it, props to whoever wrote it.
  • Huh. What's that weird light?
  • Charites said:
    Huh. What's that weird light?
    It's a weird jumpy cat!
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• This event is entirely not fun for the side that is getting griefed. I just want people to be aware. I'm not logging back on until someone confirms it's over. There's not enough of us to muster up any semblance of a defense. Have a good time bashing.
  • Pheebe said:
    This event is entirely not fun for the side that is getting griefed. I just want people to be aware. I'm not logging back on until someone confirms it's over. There's not enough of us to muster up any semblance of a defense. Have a good time bashing.
    Should be clear by now that Glomdoring neither wants competition nor interaction with the other side. They like playing the game alone, and that's where it'll end up.
  • Pheebe said:
    It will never not be amusing that Raezon's preferred delivery method is shooting people in the face with whatever item they are looking for.
    Can confirm, I've gotten a book to the face and I -liked- it.
    The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    theatre due to the snowy weather.
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
  • GLomdoring: We just want to make sure the only people that can participate in events are us
    Also Glomdoring: Why does everyone hate us?
  • Pysynne said:
    GLomdoring: We just want to make sure the only people that can participate in events are us
    Didn't Maylea technically start this by stealing from Nocht?
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • Nyana said:
    Pheebe said:
    This event is entirely not fun for the side that is getting griefed. I just want people to be aware. I'm not logging back on until someone confirms it's over. There's not enough of us to muster up any semblance of a defense. Have a good time bashing.
    Should be clear by now that Glomdoring neither wants competition nor interaction with the other side. They like playing the game alone, and that's where it'll end up.
    If only three or five can stand in the face of sixteen from assorted alliances, and that is still called fair or the most populated, it does seem that way. I really did enjoy the essence of the event and the Nocht and Maylea interaction. I am looking forward to the events post.
    The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    theatre due to the snowy weather.
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
  • I'm hype to see how the event ends but yeah, I'm sitting this one out. 
  • Choros said:
    Pysynne said:
    GLomdoring: We just want to make sure the only people that can participate in events are us
    Does that mean that no one from Maylea's order is allowed to participate in anything else that happens?

I don't even understand this mentality. I said earlier today, this doesn't happen in aetolia. People, as an organization(individual jerks always exist) don't drive away an entire group of people from participating in rp. RP, as it turns out, is more fun when there's someone to rp AGAINST. It literally seems to me that players here want to make the game less fun for themselves and everyone else.

...Why?
  • Choros said:
    Pysynne said:
    The moral of the story is to never include Glomdoring in anything when planning events, it seems, and possibly to stop announcing event times if people are going to do this kind of thing.

• edited September 2019
    I mean they started being <insert your favourite insult here> 2 hours before the event even started. Xenthos was raiding Maylea's realm, I came to stop him, he ran away to get SIX more people. That's not "participating" that's saying "you can't play" and then not only doing it once, but doing it a second time. All the while scrying me every 2 - 3 minutes to rush to the temple the moment I entered it to clean up the Wyrd inside. I eventually logged off because the event had not even started and people were being trash. Now over an hour after the event they are still being trash to a side with literally nobody around to stop them.

But, hey, at least they had fun right?

This is standard Glomdoring mentality and has been the number one reason for people leaving the game. So yeah, pat them on the back.
  • Nyana said:
    Choros said:
    Pysynne said:
    Does that mean that no one from Maylea's order is allowed to participate in anything else that happens?

I don't even understand this mentality. I said earlier today, this doesn't happen in aetolia. People, as an organization(individual jerks always exist) don't drive away an entire group of people from participating in rp. RP, as it turns out, is more fun when there's someone to rp AGAINST. It literally seems to me that players here want to make the game less fun for themselves and everyone else.

...Why?

I'm pretty sure that the deathsights showed Serenwilde participated in their godrealm being raided.

• Choros said:
    Nyana said:
    Choros said:
    Pysynne said:

...Why?

I'm pretty sure that the deathsights showed Serenwilde participated in their godrealm being raided.
    You're counting people being griefed away from playing at all as "participating."

No.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Pysynne said:
    I mean they started being <insert your favourite insult here> 2 hours before the event even started. Xenthos was raiding Maylea's realm, I came to stop him, he ran away to get SIX more people. That's not "participating" that's saying "you can't play" and then not only doing it once, but doing it a second time. All the while scrying me every 2 - 3 minutes to rush to the temple the moment I entered it to clean up the Wyrd inside. I eventually logged off because the event had not even started and people were being trash. Now over an hour after the event they are still being trash to a side with literally nobody around to stop them.

But, hey, at least they had fun right?

This is standard Glomdoring mentality and has been the number one reason for people leaving the game. So yeah, pat them on the back.
    Do you remember how I left and you trash-talked me?  Then I came back and finished killing dryads and left again.  Then Pheebe raided Prime Glomdoring, killed an NPC, going immediately to Maylea's realm afterwards.  We grouped up to go kill Pheebe (and everyone else there).
    Your timeline is missing some important bits.