Tweets VIII: Knocks Me Off My Tweet

Comments

• I thought I would always prefer Illuminati as base class, and it definitely has its conveniences, but barding keeps calling me back now. Branching out more with room descs and song writing - it's keeping things refreshing!
  • We're aware of a problem with the Twitter account, and are working to get it fixed. Thanks to those who've let us know!

Don't worry, it's not been hacked or anything - it just sees us logging in from multiple continents as suspicious.
  • Crek said:
    New Glomdoring now accepting applications.
    Who are you?

• Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Pysynne said:
    Crek said:
    Who are you?

I know Crek was just being tongue-in-cheek, but I also remember him being really upset by the universal heat Glomdoring was getting esp. regarding skillsets, which was eventually stifled by the admin.

It's truly a mystery as to why Glomdoring is antagonized by the playerbase...

• edited June 2019
    Maligorn said:
    Pysynne said:
    Crek said:
    Who are you?

I know Crek was just being tongue-in-cheek, but I also remember him being really upset by the universal heat Glomdoring was getting esp. regarding skillsets, which was eventually stifled by the admin.

It's truly a mystery as to why Glomdoring is antagonized by the playerbase...
    If my understanding of the timing is correct, the context for that post being that Glomdoring was at the time raiding Serenwilde while no one with any kind of security perms was online, attacking mobs, chopping trees, wyrding, and then standing around talking at anyone who came near as they proclaimed an outpost of Glomdoring in Serenwilde.

At any rate, it was the same day, and a mighty coincidence if not connected. "Tongue-in-cheek", right. 
  • Well it's not like they could go do it in Prime Magnagora. People actually live there.
  • Haha yeah temporarily terraining rooms really does make for great rp
  • My only opinion on that whole thing, don't raid someone's Prime when you have literally no Prime defenses at all. Not you personally, the you in general of Serenwilde.
  • Makai said:
    My only opinion on that whole thing, don't raid someone's Prime when you have literally no Prime defenses at all. Not you personally, the you in general of Serenwilde.
    What's this now?
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • edited June 2019
    Makai said:
    My only opinion on that whole thing, don't raid someone's Prime when you have literally no Prime defenses at all. Not you personally, the you in general of Serenwilde.
    Prime defenses like... guards? LAFF.

EDIT: Not to mention that's not even close to the full story I heard here, one that started with Magnagora raiding Glom and then Glom... raiding Serenwilde and dusting Seren shrines wheeeeee. So uh:

Pysynne said:
    Well it's not like they could go do it in Prime Magnagora. People actually live there.
  • I seem to recall that it was Feyr defiling some glom shrines on the floating isle of the forgotten that kicked it off.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited June 2019
    Feyr raided, we chased him back to Serenwilde, he logged off (note: Feyr has security permissions and raised discretionaries in Ethereal Serenwilde, despite assertions that there was nobody around with such).  We found that prime Serenwilde had zero guards and Enyalida bonded to an unruned totem at the Moonhart.  Only thing that existed was a runed totem on the northwest border to the hills, I think.
    Edit: The Seren shrine dusting was in response to Barrin and Feyr dusting shrines too, Magnagora had nothing to do with any of it.  I have no idea where you got your "full story" from.
  • Xenthos said:
    Feyr raided, we chased him back to Serenwilde, he logged off (note: Feyr has security permissions and raised discretionaries in Ethereal Serenwilde, despite assertions that there was nobody around with such).  We found that prime Serenwilde had zero guards and Enyalida bonded to an unruned totem at the Moonhart.  Only thing that existed was a runed totem on the northwest border to the hills, I think.
    Edit: The Seren shrine dusting was in response to Barrin and Feyr dusting shrines too, Magnagora had nothing to do with any of it.  I have no idea where you got your "full story" from.
    Also didn't NPCs from Serenwilde go to Halli and call for help and the response was :#
    Lmao, I wasn't able to attend the 'New Glomdoring' party because of D&D, but I stayed logged in to watch the fun unfold.
    And yeah, Feyr kept running into Glomdoring and then Shikari's realm to kill leopards! Retaliation, heckin' retaliation!
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• Gurashi said:

Also didn't NPCs from Serenwilde go to Halli and call for help and the response was :#
    ? What does this mean? 

Feyr was not the only one who raided, nor was it "only Serenwilde." 

"Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
    Kethaera said:
    Gurashi said:

? What does this mean? 

Feyr was not the only one who raided, nor was it "only Serenwilde." 

Bandrui went into Hallifax and started yelling for help.
    Also yes, Feyr was the only one who raided... he was alone, we chased him back to Seren.  This wasn't "follow up on previous thing," it was literally "Feyr is here, chase him home."  The shrines thing was a followup for a previous event, but it only happened because we were already there at Feyr's "invitation" (and we lost some prime shrines in response to that which I at least have not followed up on because I felt it was fair retribution).
  • Xenthos said:

Bandrui went into Hallifax and started yelling for help.
    Also yes, Feyr was the only one who raided... he was alone, we chased him back to Seren.  This wasn't "follow up on previous thing," it was literally "Feyr is here, chase him home."  The shrines thing was a followup for a previous event, but it only happened because we were already there at Feyr's "invitation" (and we lost some prime shrines in response to that which I at least have not followed up on because I felt it was fair retribution).
    First I've heard of it, so guessing no one was actually around. But no, Feyr was not the only one who raided. If you're only counting specific Feyr-related incidents as what led up to raiding Seren prime, ok... but objectively speaking, Feyr was not the only one who raided Glom within that same time period. I mean... I can think of a list offhand even if I'm not gonna name names. No idea about shrines.
    Feyr was absolutely the only one who raided within the two minute time period before we went into Serenwilde.
  • Xenthos said:
    Feyr was absolutely the only one who raided within the two minute time period before we went into Serenwilde.
    Ok. Unlucky of him to choose those two minutes.
    It is not like we had any intention of visiting Serenwilde until he raided, then we found ourselves there and looking around at the lack of anything.  I would not say "unlucky," but I would say "unwise."  Along the lines of this:
    Makai said:

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    I don't know in what universe you think that what you did was a reasonable counterattack for Feyr doing what he did. Fwiw, I did know roughly the full story - I know that Glomdoring didn't just do this out of nowhere.

Also, this is the first I'm hearing about the Bandrui thing. How did you find out about it?

My only point was the fact that Glomdoring is doing really over-the-top crap like this, after about two months of feeling victimized for NO REASON!!!!! all over the forums. I mean, embrace the toxicity or cut it out. You can't have it both ways.

You, @Xenthos , of all people should know better. I would appeal to your empathy but I know your first thought is "I have Drums of Kiakoda, I never have to worry about someone terraining over Glomdoring while nobody's awake".

• There's really nothing more to say other than 'how typical of Glomdoring.'
  • Orael said:
    Let's be real here.

I honestly think anyone in this game would do the exact same thing to Glomdoring had they found themselves in the same position. I think you would all laugh about it and make the same jokes. At the end of the day, very little was actually done besides terraining and dusting shrines. 

Let's end this here. It's done, move on.

Ok, let's be real here.

I, myself, have on multiple occasions told our side "Nobody is coming to defend, let's leave" and done so. Others on our side have done the same thing. Have we dusted shrines? Yes.  Have we camped an org, killed all the NPC's, terrained the org. -solo- killed all the guards twice and then run to the forums to gloat about it afterwards? No.

So saying "anyone in this game would the exact same thing" is false on multiple levels, because we have been in the same situation and we have not done it.

Glomdoring likes to play False Memory though. IC and OOC.

As a note, since we are all being lumped into the same category here, I will refrain from trying to encourage our side to take the high road from now on.
  • Maligorn said:

Also, this is the first I'm hearing about the Bandrui thing. How did you find out about it?

(I promise I'm not continuing, just answering your question C: ) He was shouting so that people on Prime could hear him.
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• Pysynne said:Ok, let's be real here.

I, myself, have on multiple occasions told our side "Nobody is coming to defend, let's leave" and done so. Others on our side have done the same thing. 

I was not around and haven't been around in the past few weeks (vacation etc.), so I cannot speak to this specific incident(s?). But I have definitely been around to see Dei, Yendor, Tarken, Xen, Ena (specific names because specific incidents) to call out, on our combat clan, something to the likes of 'Nobody to defend, let's leave' OR 'Too many on our side, I'm stepping out.'
  • What a farce.
  • edited June 2019
    Orael said:
    Let's be real here.

I honestly think anyone in this game would do the exact same thing to Glomdoring had they found themselves in the same position. I think you would all laugh about it and make the same jokes. At the end of the day, very little was actually done besides terraining and dusting shrines. 

Let's end this here. It's done, move on.

lolololrael

Must be nice having an admin to lawyer for you. I've screencapped the posts in anticipation of lolrael's hobby of deleting anything that impinges upon the honour of his lords and masters in Glom.
    WHY WE FIGHT
    Accountability is necessary.
  • Choros said:
    It's almost like both sides actually do the same sorts of shenanigans from time to time, but don't want to admit it due to some sort of preconceived idea that "we're the good guy, they're the bad guy" instead of the commonsense understanding that Lusternia is a big fat spectrum of grey areas.