Tweets VIII: Knocks Me Off My Tweet

13133353637

Comments

  • EnyaEnya Member Posts: 413 Gifted
    Looking at buying an aethersuit and realizing.... why? 

    Unless you want 6 or more modules AND those fall into groups such that at least half of those modules are tier 1s that unlock the tier 2 modules you want, it's cost effective to just buy the aethergears and attach them to armor that you design yourself.

    The one use case appears to be someone with a skill/classflex artifact that frequently switches between acrobat, non-acrobat, or forger enough to justify wanting to swap their armor value up and down.

    Aethersuits should just not have pre-requisites on their powers, that was a silly restriction to start with. 
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne Member Posts: 2,950 Transcendent
    Purify is finally dead.

    image
  • TylwythTylwyth Member Posts: 1,645 Mythical
    Maligorn said:
    Purify is finally dead.
    The counter to Infestation?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

    image
  • KeahiKeahi Member Posts: 15 Inept
    Tylwyth said:
    Maligorn said:
    Purify is finally dead.
    The counter to Infestation?
    I'm assuming he's talking about Wonderbrazier Purify, referring to the recent changelog where it's changed to a quick trueground. I guess it -was- a counter to Infestation, in that it was counter to ALL mage/druid environment changes.
  • CoralineCoraline Member Posts: 345 Master
    Is thinking of recipes to design making me hungry or is being hungry making me think of new recipe designs?
    2019/05/29 01:36:00 - The squad known as 'Seriously Choco-squid this time' supporting Gaudiguch generated 1 power
  • MakaiMakai Member Posts: 413 Adept
    @Coraline Make a snack and eat, wait a few minutes and see if you still want to design.
  • ArixArix Member Posts: 1,331 Mythical
    my merian fishcake recipe made me hungry
  • KistanKistan Member Posts: 394 Expert
    edited April 26
    Merian...the new substitute for salt!
  • GabeGabe Member Posts: 42 Capable
    Coraline said:
    Is thinking of recipes to design making me hungry or is being hungry making me think of new recipe designs?


     Your recipe's make me hungry!
  • DrocillaDrocilla Member, Gods Posts: 465 Divine
    Everyone knows that the best merian's salty. 😎
  • JolantheJolanthe Member Posts: 255 Gifted
    Coraline said:
    Is thinking of recipes to design making me hungry or is being hungry making me think of new recipe designs?
    The answer is both. It's like the age old chips and dip conundrum. You get more chips because you have dip left over - you get more dip because you have chips left over.

    It creates a vicious feedback loop (pun absolutely intended).

  • CoralineCoraline Member Posts: 345 Master
    Kistan said:
    Merian...the new substitute for salt!
    Does this mean I should start trading in merians now?
    2019/05/29 01:36:00 - The squad known as 'Seriously Choco-squid this time' supporting Gaudiguch generated 1 power
  • JolantheJolanthe Member Posts: 255 Gifted
    [ Changelog Entry #1677 ]
       
    o Commodity Cost for Breaking Down Aethercrafts Updates:

         - Salt to break down aetherbuttons

    Ew. Oh well, at least I tried. Choo choo, jewellery train. Onwards you go.

  • MakaiMakai Member Posts: 413 Adept
    Jewellery is the ultimate tradeskill to take now. Make a button of each type, make the trade, nothing but profit. Replace the button and repeat until you can afford all artifacts just because of a tradeskill.
  • JolantheJolanthe Member Posts: 255 Gifted
    Makai said:
    Jewellery is the ultimate tradeskill to take now. Make a button of each type, make the trade, nothing but profit. Replace the button and repeat until you can afford all artifacts just because of a tradeskill.
    I'm not totally sure about that, having more plentiful failure comms for the other trades might make them easier to convert stuff into goop. It's more disheartening because jewellers get to continue to produce their own conversion comm, and have very little/no incentive to part with it for anyone who might want to use salt otherwise. Why do that when you -might- want to turn buttons into goop later, even if you don't want to now?

  • KistanKistan Member Posts: 394 Expert
    Makai said:
    Jewellery is the ultimate tradeskill to take now. Make a button of each type, make the trade, nothing but profit. Replace the button and repeat until you can afford all artifacts just because of a tradeskill.
    The only problem is all those other jewellers

    You have 15 seconds from hello I am Rubie to making the trade
  • JolantheJolanthe Member Posts: 255 Gifted
    Kistan said:
    The only problem is all those other jewellers

    You have 15 seconds from hello I am Rubie to making the trade
    Evidently, it's not completely hopeless. Last night I actually managed to find Rubie on Lyraa and make a trade. First time in a RL week or two!

  • MakaiMakai Member Posts: 413 Adept
    Still feel they should be limited to one trade per weave per trader. So essentially three trades a day.
  • KistanKistan Member Posts: 394 Expert
    Makai said:
    Still feel they should be limited to one trade per weave per trader. So essentially three trades a day.

    Speaking as a jeweller, I agree entirely!

    But yes, if the objective is to get comms out of the game in droves, more trades are better.
  • MakaiMakai Member Posts: 413 Adept
    Well with Timequakes coming soon™ and the upkeep is commodities, I think it will be a fair sink right there.
  • EnyaEnya Member Posts: 413 Gifted
    This just in/confirmed: Voting "support with change" is throwing away your report votes. They don't count

    As I said, the best strategy is to just blanket upvote anything you remotely like so that it gets past thresholds. All three solutions, just in case they get fractional benefit. You should also at least empty comment, in case that works. Yes, this will make a mess of the report system and make it hard to tell what has actual support in a report but... them's the breaks, that's how the system seems to be designed. 
  • OraelOrael Member, Administrator, Moderator, Gods Posts: 291 Creator
    edited May 3
    That is incorrect. Voting Support with Change does count and is not throwing away your vote.

    That's how the system was designed, for you to vote what you want to vote for and not vote for whatever gets you to the next stage.

    PS Don't leave empty comments, they don't do anything to help you.

  • KarKar Member Posts: 18 Novice
    My router blipping and losing me 10p from StagForm dropping (amongst losing all spirits, although most of my normal defs stay) is infuriating.
  • CoralineCoraline Member Posts: 345 Master
    Flinging people randomly to Astral when they don't have the skills to go back on their own is... Mean.
    2019/05/29 01:36:00 - The squad known as 'Seriously Choco-squid this time' supporting Gaudiguch generated 1 power
  • CzixiCzixi Member, Gods Posts: 141 Divine
    edited May 10
    Coraline said:
    Flinging people randomly to Astral when they don't have the skills to go back on their own is... Mean.
    We've reduced the chance for the quake in time to throw you onto the Astral plane a bit (it was already only about 33% if it did hit you, which in itself is quite a low chance).

    The flinging is level gated to hopefully avoid many instances where people get stuck or die. Those under 50 are not moved, whilst 50-80 are moved to safe locations on Prime. Those 80+ are moved to various locations including potentially dangerous ones - this can be Astral, but doesn't include much more distant places like Aetherbubbles, or places where you might need quests or artifacts to escape (like Icewynd).

    Similarly the dominators that spawn are adjusted for the victim's level and won't attack those under a certain level.

    We want this to be interesting and mildly threatening - something that makes you want to log in, not log out! So if something is truly causing problems for people, please BUG it and we'll do our best to find a middle ground for you.
  • CoralineCoraline Member Posts: 345 Master
    edited May 10
    Czixi said:
    Coraline said:
    Flinging people randomly to Astral when they don't have the skills to go back on their own is... Mean.
    We've reduced the chance for the quake in time to throw you onto the Astral plane a bit (it was already only about 33% if it did hit you, which in itself is quite a low chance).

    The flinging is level gated to hopefully avoid many instances where people get stuck or die. Those under 50 are not moved, whilst 50-80 are moved to safe locations on Prime. Those 80+ are moved to various locations including potentially dangerous ones - this can be Astral, but doesn't include much more distant places like Aetherbubbles, or places where you might need quests or artifacts to escape (like Icewynd).

    Similarly the dominators that spawn are adjusted for the victim's level and won't attack those under a certain level.

    We want this to be interesting and mildly threatening - something that makes you want to log in, not log out! So if something is truly causing problems for people, please BUG it and we'll do our best to find a middle ground for you.
    Thanks for clarifying! I have a couple more questions, though.

    Next time I login, I'm going to learn more Planar so I can get back without help if it happens again. For people who haven't put any lessons into Planar I can see it getting annoying (if you can't even call for help without enough skills. I was able to call for help and get help promptly).

    I'm also mildly worried that I'll get displaced in the middle of doing an important quest (or even an Epic Quest) in the middle of important parts of the quest which can mess it up.

    Edit: also worried about logging in to check messages and then promptly getting transported (might be a low chance but still)
    2019/05/29 01:36:00 - The squad known as 'Seriously Choco-squid this time' supporting Gaudiguch generated 1 power
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord Member Posts: 6,611 Transcendent
    When I logged on yesterday, a dominator spawned in my manse and attacked me almost immediately.
    I was rather surprised.
    Thankfully they were hotfixed to not spawn in manses.  Seems like the simplest fix for quakes is to make them not fire on a person in a manse either.
    Also I was sad when binding the Wheel of Goloths away did nothing.  Not even a "Hah, you can't foil meeee!"  /stare at the Wheel.
    image
  • CzixiCzixi Member, Gods Posts: 141 Divine
    edited May 10
    @Coraline - It's a really, really low chance of you logging in and getting automatically transported. I won't give you the exact figures, but it would be incredibly bad luck. If you're concerned about that, just log out in a manse and you'll be safe. Movement and dominator spawns do not occur on those in manses. 

    (They did at first, but as mentioned this was fixed. We're really sorry it took so long, it looked fine on our end and was logging as correct. We monitored it for 6 hours without any bug reports coming in - it wasn't reported for about 4 more hours after that, all of which was the cause of the delay in fixing it).

    Yes, there is a chance you'll be displaced whilst you're doing something important. That's part of the threat of it, and the reason it is as infrequent as it is.

    As for lacking Planar, anyone can send a message to another player from Astral. I would hope that people who are a high enough level to have ended up in Astral in the first place would know to do so, and have an idea of who's online to reach out to. But again, if this continues to be a serious problem for people, we can tweak it further.
    Post edited by Czixi on
  • CoralineCoraline Member Posts: 345 Master
    Czixi said:
    @Coraline - It's a really, really low chance of you logging in and getting automatically transported. I won't give you the exact figures, but it would be incredibly bad luck. If you're concerned about that, just log out in a manse and you'll be safe. Movement and dominator spawns do not occur on those in manses. 

    (They did at first, but as mentioned this was fixed. We're really sorry it took so long, it looked fine on our end and was logging as correct. We monitored it for 6 hours without any bug reports coming in - it wasn't reported for about 4 more hours after that, which was the cause of the delay in fixing it).

    Yes, there is a chance you'll be displaced whilst you're doing something important. That's part of the threat of it, and the reason it is as infrequent as it is.

    As for lacking Planar, anyone can send a message to another player from Astral. I would hope that people who are a high enough level to have ended up in Astral in the first place would know to do so, and have an idea of who's online to reach out to. But again, if this continues to be a serious problem for people, we can tweak it further.
    Ah, I didn't know that it was prevented in manses. That's good to know. Still a bit worried for the quests, but I guess that's part of the uncertainty of it all.
    2019/05/29 01:36:00 - The squad known as 'Seriously Choco-squid this time' supporting Gaudiguch generated 1 power
Sign In or Register to comment.