Tweets VIII: Knocks Me Off My Tweet

Comments

• edited November 2019
    @Xis
    You'll need to have the bix rooms mapped out for it to actually path through them - You can either load in the crowdmap, or use the stuff in this script package below to map those out. (INIT EXITS once it's installed) Or you can map them by hand if you're familiar with mapper stuff.
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5020142/uploads/editor/ma/tjl5d144xoa5.zip
  • Thin strands of dried vines have been twisted together into a tough fibre of deep, mute green, woven through with sharp, splintered bones smoothed into claw-like arcs. The bones are secured to the necklace with intricate knotwork, their designs abstract and seemingly without beginning or end. Intermittently, small bright leaves are interspersed among the vine-knots and bones, the leaves' surfaces gleaming with a tender, sap-like glow and wreathed in a soft mist. With any movement, the bones click together lightly, chiming a sharp, fierce melody.
    It has 30 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs 9 ounce(s).
    It has the following aliases: necklace, bone.
    You may TOUCH a vine-woven bone necklace.
    This item will decay even if placed in a stockroom.

I've never noticed this on items before and I must say it's an amazing addition!

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Some solstice stocking decisions are agonizing.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • "I will take it easy, now that I'm offered that 500,000 esteem figurine. I will get to a million, but you know, slowly. Calmly. I'm sure Mysrai will understand that!"

*is already back to 50,000+ esteem in the figurine that is level 40 again from eating a lot of tiny figurine Crumkanes*
    Bookbinder by trade! Designer of most other things.

• edited December 2019
    Some things never change.
    Like people taking advantage of the whole "can't kill someone on prime more than once every 30 days otherwise Avenger" thing, to go around attacking random people just because.
    At least say something when I say hi, and you realise I'm not AFK. Talk about boring.
  • edited December 2019
    Okay, I've read this thread for almost a week. Is the "tweets" thread just random one-off thoughts that people can't put anywhere else? :| I AM A SOFT JAM THAT REQUIRES DENSE BREAD TO MAKE THINGS STICK, APOLOGIES
  • Basically....
  • edited December 2019
    "I killed gnomes so people from the enemy side couldn't get them."

Imagine having this mindset.
  • Raimari said:

My young child, I remember a time long before the Aetherplex was peaced, when you had to move through it to hand in solstice rewards through the gnome portal therein.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Wasn't that slivven corpses?  And isn't that whole thing why the plex is peaced now?
  • Something like that!
  • Keegan said:
    Raimari said:

My young child, I remember a time long before the Aetherplex was peaced, when you had to move through it to hand in solstice rewards through the gnome portal therein.

Imagine trying to justify killing gnomes.
  • Yes I did this negative thing, but others did other negative things, so my thing is fine.

How long before we ask about the emails boys?
  • edited December 2019
    Synl said:
    Yes I did this negative thing, but others did other negative things, so my thing is fine.

If you're earnestly trying to insinuate that I was justifying based on past events you're subscribing to the straw man fallacy.
    I'm just saying it could be worse :)
  • edited December 2019
    Keegan said:
    Synl said:
    Yes I did this negative thing, but others did other negative things, so my thing is fine.

If you're earnestly trying to insinuate that I was justifying based on past events you're subscribing to the straw man fallacy.
    I'm just saying it could be worse :)
    Yes and saying "it could be worse" is subscribing to the relative privation fallacy. :)
    Also it's not really strawmanning. There was no insinuation or implication, you literally used it as your retort. :)
    Next. :)
  • I think classifying it as relative privation is probably a stretch, but you do you.
  • edited December 2019
    Fallacy of relative privation (also known as "appeal to worse problems" or "not as bad as") – dismissing an argument or complaint due to the existence of more important problems in the world, regardless of whether those problems bear relevance to the initial argument.

e.g., What you did.

• I don't personally think we really need any sort of talk on what's fair or right or wrong coming from the dude who has spent IRL hours failing at ganking people on prime with his little pet Tessenchi and other questionable things, but let's not get too spicy for tweets now.
  • Raimari said:
    Fallacy of relative privation (also known as "appeal to worse problems" or "not as bad as") – dismissing an argument or complaint due to the existence of more important problems in the world, regardless of whether those problems bear relevance to the initial argument.

e.g., What you did.

It's a shame you're only using the surface definition and not taking the fallacy as a whole. If I was, for instance, trying to state that the issue in question didn't matter I'd be adhering to the conditions of that fallacy. By simply stating that there are worse things I wasn't producing the argument that the status quo is fine, which would be required for it to conform to that fallacy. Following that thought, you either misunderstand the full meaning of that fallacy or you are using it incorrectly.

For your statement to be true, you'd have to insinuate that I was maintaining the stance that the status quo is fine, which would be, naturally, straw manning. Thanks for playing.

Feoragan said:
    I don't personally think we really need any sort of talk on what's fair or right or wrong coming from the dude who has spent IRL hours failing at ganking people on prime with his little pet Tessenchi and other questionable things, but let's not get too spicy for tweets now.

Once again, never said things were fine :) 
    Sometimes my ganks fail, but I don't mind, it's all experience. My ganks tend to resolve positively for me more times than not. I either get a little bit better each time or I get the kill and am content. I don't really mind if someone escapes when I gank them on prime (though, the majority of my 'ganks' conform to enemy territory rules and I go into them either A:on the morally correct by defending Kephera/city/village or B: intentionally go in knowing in advance that I can only hit someone who I don't have suspect on while the entire of the Basin has free range to defend the target and attack me X v 1. Such is the nature of the Avenger).

Moral and ethic arguments aside, I play Lusternia for its conflict mechanics.
  • Why do you get messaged when each of your traps go poof.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Raimari said:
    Why do you get messaged when each of your traps go poof.

I have submitted ideas to make it not do that... it's a little spammy.
  • Shaddus said:
    Tridemon said:
    I think we can agree that killing the solstice gnomes goes against the spirit of the event, at the very least.
    Anyone who kills solstice gnomes should be enemied to gnomes and Ironbeard.

Shame on you, Keegan. Shame, shame.
    Every time you do it, it should give you a random enemy status you don't already have. In the spirit of giving, and all!
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    They should be made invulnerable to prevent abuse of mob vulnerability intended to spoil the event
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?