Lack of Raves VI: Rave Today, Tweet Tomorrow

Comments

• Instead of having a weird deep rumbling laugh, Gurashi can have the happy, chittering laugh he deserves without using balance to emote as much. 
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited January 2020
    Oh, I didn’t even think about making different sets of emotes that toggle on and off. Definitely have to do that now because one’s eyes do not simply sparkle the same when one wears a pair of thin spectacles vs a stylish pair of aetherpiloting goggles.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Heck, maybe it would be worthwhile to code in the non-corporeal emotes too in case Dar goes motey again in the future. Didn’t realize you could do multiple overrides for the same emote.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    Heck, maybe it would be worthwhile to code in the non-corporeal emotes too in case Dar goes motey again in the future. Didn’t realize you could do multiple overrides for the same emote.
    I also had no idea... now it is an A++ function!!
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• I really wish custom emotes didn't use balance/equilibrium or whatever, as a random sidenote.
  • With serverside curing taking the wind out of the sales of illusions that trick healing systems, that's more likely than ever! But probably still not probable.
  • An approved Gurashi lantern.

Bookbinder by trade! Designer of most other things.

• Raves for all the people discovering and playing with psychodrama in Mag today!
  • Finally got to meet ic with @Elexia in a long long time and I had fun! Especially the mysterious case of the shivery shiveries :smile:
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • A slightly belated rave, @Uzriel aka the greatest and most awesomest person ever bought me a gnome weapon pen and I looooooove it so much, and one day I will turn it into a paintbrush and it will be even more awesome. <3<3 #mymentorisbetterthanyours
  • Sapphira said:
    A slightly belated rave, @Uzriel aka the greatest and most awesomest person ever bought me a gnome weapon pen and I looooooove it so much, and one day I will turn it into a paintbrush and it will be even more awesome. <3<3 #mymentorisbetterthanyours
    I dunno, I'm still pretty fond of @Aramel.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• Sapphira said:
    A slightly belated rave, @Uzriel aka the greatest and most awesomest person ever bought me a gnome weapon pen and I looooooove it so much, and one day I will turn it into a paintbrush and it will be even more awesome. <3<3 #mymentorisbetterthanyours
    I dunno, I'm still pretty fond of @Aramel.
    Idk buddy, @Gurashi is pretty awesome...

pronouns: they/them
  • My mentor is the greatest Queen of the Night (sorry Rancoura, but... y'know...).
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    RIP Shedrin, great emotionless rock man mentor.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • No one can beat my mentor in anything, because my mentor does not exist!
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • Coraline said:
    No one can beat my mentor in anything, because my mentor does not exist!
    So they all beat your mentor at existing.
  • Maeko said:
    Coraline said:
    No one can beat my mentor in anything, because my mentor does not exist!
    So they all beat your mentor at existing.
    Orrr my mentor beat them all at not existing!
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Synl said:
    My mentor is the greatest Queen of the Night (sorry Rancoura, but... y'know...).
    To be fair, she was the greatest Queen of the Night in my opinion, too ;)

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Diana Damrau?
  • Cries in gratitude both for whomever was controlling NPCs/statue/cow nonsense from yesterday, but also, as always: @Lief! Beautiful Lief! Kindest Lief! To heck with you, Lief!

• Gurashi said:
    Cries in gratitude both for whomever was controlling NPCs/statue/cow nonsense from yesterday, but also, as always: @Lief! Beautiful Lief! Kindest Lief! To heck with you, Lief!

Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • Major raves for whoever came up with the time shard puzzle. Even though there seemed to be some over/underrepresentation >.>
  • That makes sense now. I noticed that we were able to darken the swirls too and wondered why that didn't seem needed.
  • Aonia said:
    I would like to drop in here and give a huge, huge rave to all the admin who helped create this week's event. It's impossible to see the number of hands involved as a player, but there were so many of them (over 10 in total!) and all of them worked incredibly hard to produce the various moving parts. Some of which were diabolical in their complexity!

A second rave is due to all of you, for throwing yourselves so wholeheartedly into the puzzles and story of Isikathi's Paradox. We have all been given so much joy and happiness by seeing your reactions, and are still buzzing about them today. Thank you so much!
    They were very good, and they were beautifully written, and It's-a-Kathy's storyline was so achingly bittersweet! We got to work with our enemies! We got to save a long lost Goddess! I got to eat shoes!! It was a very good event. Thanks for all your hard work!