Simple Ideas

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Some people can walk pretty fast...
  • Xenthos said:
    Some people can walk pretty fast...

Well not faster than people who have artifacts and the like. Faster than the average person using a base game skill or two.
  • IDEA'd via in-game too, but, recording in logs when someone adds an anomaly to the guild's research item (Ex. Ani has added a golden anomaly to the Amberleaf) or something along those lines. 
  • Just got a Xion bubblix, and still using frostica as the primary for path tracking to get to the aetherplex.

Can the order priority please be changed so that it uses the bubblixes that never have domoths first? Alternatively let us set a primary return to plex bubblix as a config option.
  • THESE ARE STRICTLY FOR RP FLAVOUR. THEY ARE NOT INCLUDED WITH A BUFF OR RESISTANCE ETC. 

=====

FACEPAINTING [in Arts]

Be able to use a palette, (or a tint / number of tints) to paint on someone's face. Will show up on the person's description in a coloured line. Custom-line (like an illusion/masterpiece painting). Lasts 1 IG Month or unless wearer WIPES FACE.

=====

TEMPORARY TATTOOS - [in Tattoos] 

Tattooists can give someone a temporary tattoo - shows up on the person's description in a coloured line, last 1 IG Month. These temp tattoos can be given anywhere, away from tattoo-bench. Have their own design pattern. Must be simple in design (not extravagant like other tattoo designs), restricted to a couple/three lines.
  • While I did officially IDEA in game,

As a non-changeling, I would love to be able to eat the gnome and fink mushrooms without actually turning into the race, maintaining my current race while still gaining access to them (for things like wonderpipe).
  • Also idea'd in-game... Itemlist food. That is all.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • edited March 2020
    Please add the elemental keyword to the rings that stop movement on the elemental planes in the ashop, its painful to find them otherwise at the moment.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I think that there's an ASHOP command to suggest adding keywords?  I know there used to be, I used it a lot at the beginning.  Ianir had a thing that beeped him every time a suggestion was submitted and I submitted a thousand+ of the things.  Oops?
  • Sure enough, in the help file it says:

SUGGEST ARTIFACT <KEYWORD|CATEGORY> <artifact#> <keyword>
  • I know this is probably IRE level, but:

Please please please can we get an option to view CHARACTERS RETIRED/ALL, and make CHARACTERS only show current ones? Some of us who may have had alting habits might need to not sort through 28 (or more) names to remember which ones are actually current.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• I know this is probably IRE level, but:

Please please please can we get an option to view CHARACTERS RETIRED/ALL, and make CHARACTERS only show current ones? Some of us who may have had alting habits might need to not sort through 28 (or more) names to remember which ones are actually current.
    Not exactly the same, but is the IRE portal useful to you for things like that? It clearly breaks down your characters by game and shows which are retired.

https://www.lusternia.com/portal/
  • edited March 2020
    Sort of but not really. I was trying to sort through my in-game list last night to see who I still had active on Lusternia, but the coughcoughtwenty-threecoughcough retired characters made it harder to tell, when several of the active ones are permanent. I could probably highlight it or something, but I feel like having the option to just see active ones would be useful. I can't always remember who they are, since I don't play them terribly often.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• If we have god-aligned artifacts (fonts, marks, symbols, prayerbeads), allow us to step into the fulcrux of a god and tune our item to that god, even if we aren't in that order.
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • edited April 2020
    Sort of but not really. I was trying to sort through my in-game list last night to see who I still had active on Lusternia, but the coughcoughtwenty-threecoughcough retired characters made it harder to tell, when several of the active ones are permanent. I could probably highlight it or something, but I feel like having the option to just see active ones would be useful. I can't always remember who they are, since I don't play them terribly often.
    Shut up @Choros, I know certain people have more.

• I wish there was a version of the Wheel you could spin in each nation somewhere, so I (and, yes, any alts) have a better chance to spin without an audience. It's not really like having a certain number of times you can spin to win artifacts, credits, goop or wondercrystals is really that in-character anyway, so much so that it needs to be centralised as a single location of character interaction.

Not that it's the most important thing I would like to see in the game - that instead being more activities or class-based mechanics to do as a character that aren't PvP/competition based - but it would still make getting the daily login reward a little less unnerving for me at least.
    Used to be for a time you could spin it from everywhere. But for some reason, magic I guess don't work that way. Now you can just sit at the wheel and make a script to track people's alts and then harrass them.
  • Item: Vest  Type: Accessories  Org: Somewhere  Designer: Someone with Skill
    Commodities: Shiny Things
    Mortal Reviews: Allowed
    Layer: UNDERWEAR Bodyparts: chest, gut

So that's an example of what vests look like currently. I think they're on the underwear layer because European vest equals North American undershirt? And while I haven't tried submitting a waistcoat myself I have heard other people haven't had any luck with that. So I'm hoping we can move vests from being layered with underwear to being layered with either accessories or overwear like aprons are.

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited June 2020
    Item: A novelty tarot deck
    Price: ??? (ideally would be fairly low since it is a non-combat, flavour artifact similar to the dice, bottle or fickle finger of the fates)
    Possible commands
    USE DECK to draw a card from the Major Arcana purely at random, emitting to the room, allowing to do public readings
    USE DECK <name> to draw a card, but only the one targetted receives the emit (Don't know if this is viable)
    Example:
    Deftly shuffling the deck of Tarot cards, Kagato slowly draws a card and lays it down, revealing it to be the Magician card, in upside-down position.
    OR Deftly shuffling the deck of Tarot cards, Kagato slowly draws a card and lays it down, revealing it to be the Hangedman card, correct way up.
    It would allow those interested in doing so to be able to do Tarot readings.

Alternatively, a non-combat flavour skill could be added to the Tarot skill that makes the above exclusively available to those that utilise the Tarot skillset.

Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Apropos of absolutely nothing at all, and believe me, I hate myself for suggesting this, but certain other MMOS that shall remain unnamed have a feature where your forums account can be logged into by any of your characters, and you can toggle between them prior to posting. Each one still has their own profile, signature, etc. so you can still keep secret alts secret, but it makes it easier to swap over if you are, for example, posting in a thread about an achievement one character has that your main doesn't, or one devoted to a class or race your main character isn't.

Can we get something like that on this WP+Vanilla monster to hot swap between characters on the same registration?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited June 2020
    And as a separate post because I prefer having posts in this thread only have one idea at a time so feedback is more clear, can we have auction-only artifacts that aren't in other categories added to a file like HELP ARTIFACTS_AUCTIONS so you can see what they do even if the current auction isn't for them?

Example: Helm of Telepathy. I know it exists, but can't find a description of it anywhere.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Luce said:
    And as a separate post because I prefer having posts in this thread only have one idea at a time so feedback is more clear, can we have auction-only artifacts that aren't in other categories added to a file like HELP ARTIFACTS_AUCTIONS so you can see what they do even if the current auction isn't for them?

Example: Helm of Telepathy. I know it exists, but can't find a description of it anywhere.
    There is already one, but it needs a bit of updating.  HELP 19.10.6  (Limited artifacts)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited July 2020
    2020/07/06 19:24:38 - Shame lowers the eyes of the House: Our family has shifted its racial expectations. (-10400)

Maybe add a confirmation to changing family race, mentioning the absurd steepness of the cost that isn't recorded anywhere.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Eritheyl said:
    2020/07/06 19:24:38 - Shame lowers the eyes of the House: Our family has shifted its racial expectations. (-10400)

Maybe add a confirmation to changing family race, mentioning the absurd steepness of the cost that isn't recorded anywhere.
    All changes to a family setup have steep costs. This includes the Family head resigning and leaving the seat empty (but a normal election and change doesn't have a cost).
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Ayisdra said:
    Eritheyl said:

All changes to a family setup have steep costs. This includes the Family head resigning and leaving the seat empty (but a normal election and change doesn't have a cost).
    Costs are fine and make sense! Costs of that caliber without proper documentation are ridiculous.

"Likewise, the House Seat has the ability to change a family's orientation and preferred race, though both will often raise questions of the family's dedication to their ideals and purposes."

^ nothing about this made me think it would be almost 2/3s of our honor.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm reminded of a time when House Dekoven was taken over by this one drunk player (not me) who moved it to Magnagora and switched the patron to Morgfyre. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Eritheyl said:

Shevat actually asked about the cost of changing patrons ahead of time, and somehow the response we got did not actually convey the 11k hit to honour we were about to take. It got fixed, but that was a scary little while.

• This may not be the right place, but small idea: please can there be a keyboard shortcut for closing help files in Nexus when they open up in a new 'window'?
  • Zalan said:
    This may not be the right place, but small idea: please can there be a keyboard shortcut for closing help files in Nexus when they open up in a new 'window'?
    Feedback on the Nexus Client has its own special place! If you click the cog wheel in the bottom right of the screen, you should be able to find a place to 'submit feedback' in the options presented there. That does sound useful, I hope they can help you out!
    Art is by the wonderful Gurashi!