Esei Can Draw!

edited March 2021 in Common Grounds
Hi... I'm Esei on the forums and in the game, and uh, well. I do art! Evidently. As stated by the title. I have no doubt that's what you came for, so I'll just... get that rolling. Some of my art is WAY too bad for the public, so you'll only get my finished pieces... which is right now, the Lusternia tarot cards.

Tarot meaning source: Labyrinthos

This first one is of @Viravain as Death.

Upright: The Death card signals that one major phase in your life is ending, and a new one is going to start. You just need to close one door, so the new one will open. The past needs to be placed behind you, so you can focus your energy on what is ahead of you.

Reversed: The Death reversal meaning is still about change, but that you have been resisting it. You could be worried about letting go of the past, or you could not be sure of the changes that you need to make to go forward. Resisting the change and holding onto the past can limit your future, which can cause you to feel like you are in limbo. You should take some time to assess the ways that you have been approaching changes in your life. You may find you have been halting the changes that you need due to fears of the unknown. While you can still be afraid, you should trust that you are taking the right steps and move forward. Life moves on, so fighting passing time is only going to leave you with regrets. Death does not have to be a card of regret, especially if you heed its warning.

-

The next one is, somewhat ironically, of @Nocht as Moon, but I couldn't put a full moon in there, could I?

Upright: On one hand, the Moon card can symbolize your imagination is taking the best of you. In the dark of the night, you are taking a path that you are unsure of, for there could be danger lurking in its depths. You need to be aware of the situations that are causing fear and anxiety in your mind, whether it is now or in the future. It alerts you not to allow inner disturbances and self-deception to take the best of you. These deep memories and fears must be let go, and the negative energies must be released and turned into something constructive. Another reading of the Moon card is the existence of illusion. Some hidden truth must be discovered, for what you are seeing now may just be a trick of the light. You must search for the hidden forces that must be unraveled.

Reversed: A Moon reversal in a reading can sometimes indicate that the darker and more negative aspects of the moon are present in your life. It could represent confusion and unhappiness - you want to make progress, but you are not sure what is the right thing to do. You must deal with your anxiety and fears by overcoming them, for they are like shadows in the dark. It is time to believe in yourself and move forward. The moon reversal meaning indicates that you are in an intuitive period or you have recently battled confusion, anxiety, and self-deception. It could be that you are misinterpreting how you have been feeling however you are starting to improve on this. Another reversed moon meaning is that the forces of the night that are bringing you confusion are starting to dissipate. You have started managing your fears and anxiety. Whatever negative energies you have been facing are slowly fading away. It presents a liberating experience as you discover the positive side of things.

--

Edit: Forgot this one, but it's my forums icon!

"You..." Her voice lowers. "...study me like a starved wolf."
"Does this mean that you are a deer?"

pronouns: they/them

Comments

• Esei's been testing out some new forms. This one is Viscanti.

• Esei said:
    This one is of Lady @Lantra

Thank you for the fanart! Lantra looks beautiful, you got her colors just right. I especially love how you did her starlight hair! <3
    Avatar by Sam Smith. You can follow her on Twitter here.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Looking good. If you want some tarot suggestions, perhaps...
    @Eventru and @Lyreth together for the Lovers card
    @Estarra for The World
    @Mysrai for Wheel of Fortune
    @Weiwae in His Closed Fist of Abanoi form for Strength
    (Alternately in His Open Hand form for Temperance)
    @Drocilla for The Empress

Just some ideas off the top of my head

Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • The starlight hair is amazing! I also really like the contrast between the two Death cards - I can tell that there is a significant amount of improvement in your style which is lovely to see. Stop being so shy with your art, you're wonderful! 
  • I got yet another drawing of Esei to show off! This one is a little risque but not truly NSFW.

• Esei said:
    Ahaaa, so I haven't posted anything on this for... a while. Let's remedy that.

This here is a revamped death tarot card for Viravain! Hopefully I'll redo the Moon tarot card in the future also.
    The only card that matters. So well done! <3 
  • Esei said:
    Hello! It's now time for Big @Terentia!
    Edit: Eek, I forgot Her eye shinies. Oh well, it's now overcast.
    Edit to the edit: site link changed.

You can also get the Terentia, Maylea, and Viravain chibis as stickers here!

"One can choose to go back toward safety or forward toward growth. Growth must be chosen again and again; fear must be overcome again and again."
  • edited September 2020
    Esei said:
    @Zitto commissioned me for this piece, with Nocht and Mysrai bickering over who gets to eat- ahem, take, Zitto's soul.

[Beautiful Art Here]

For background, Zitto has promised both Mysrai and Nocht "anything" in exchange for a boon from each of them.  I imagine a conversation something like this in the Havens:

Nocht and Mysrai arguing over who has priority
    Maylea: He's mine. Do I not get a say?
    Nocht and Mysrai look at each other, look at Maylea, look at Zitto.
    Nocht and Mysrai at the same time: Nope.