Angry over Hallifax/Magnagora RP last night.

2»

Comments

• edited July 2020
    Melech said:
    Just to reiterate, our support group focused on harassing enemy point leaders and not as bodyguards for our top scorers.

We didn't flock to anyone's help in the sense of grouping up with them and protecting them-- we helped by delaying Evette and Jaspet, and let the bashers handle their own business for the most part.

Even at the end of the event, when it was so tightly contested, I saw two people physically with Malarious; Vexacion and Ruiku. The rest of our team was chasing Glomdoring's participants, which... literally helped everyone on our side.
    I wanted to stay out of the OOC side of the debate and leave that to IC, but to be clear this is very much what happened in death. Most of us were focused on harassing Gloms and didn't switch to protecting until the final minutes. There was just constant callouts on Ironhart of where Evette/Jaspet are.

Edit: Jaspet not Steingrim
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited July 2020
    Just for those who claiming this is an entirely ooc thing and that the people on the Board just wants to switch things up, this is a message sent by myself (for those confused, I play Choros), to Alexandria. For context, this is directly after the Harmony Seal contest, I think.

You sent message #3910 at 06/13 22:40:
    In the event we have a future vote for allying with New Celest or Glomdoring, you may consider my
    vote at all times to be "no.". This will be a standing procedure from this point on, and while you 
    are free to make sure my vote stays the same, it will likely not change.

Choros has absolutely no preference in who we ally with, but has a dislike of New Celest after Harmony and how he was treated. Were it up to him, Hallifax would be in an alliance with Serenwilde and Gaudiguch, because that's who he likes. In fact, when this all happened, I woke up to a message saying "You've been discharged from IHC", with no actual warning or message from Magnagorans. In the Halli discord, it was talked about but never decided, and it was still up in the air because we weren't sure whether our treaty was fixable. I don't think we had a problem with 90% of Magnagora, but a few who are known to be a little overbearing tended to try and take control beyond just leading. 

Now, it's no secret that things do happen on Discord via ooc means. I'm sure some people were oocly pushing Alexandria to go through with this alliance change for any number of reasons. But when it comes down to it, there was a large amount of IC discussion through IC channels about it, and it's been building for a while. I don't hold any ill-will towards anyone in Magnagora as Choros (despite my post, <3 you Kailanna), and I'm hoping this can be kept civil outside of obvious conflicts.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Vexacion said:

Very little of it feels in-character, and seeing that I've heard from multiple sources that Celest was harassing Alexandria over it

Oh, and I'm going to call complete BS on this. Either the person from Celest told you they were harassing Alexandria, Alexandria told you they were harassing Alexandria, or you're making stuff up.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Alexandria is really, seriously, only still playing at this point because she's stuck with some IC stuff and resigning would be a jerk move. I've already accepted that one of the biggest draws to my character is no longer a real concern, which sucks, but makes it easier to talk about quitting because I'm tired of how people act.

Alexandria felt harassed in several discord conversations, which are not issuable.

Alexandria is really, really, really tired of the whole damn mess. Alexandria does not want to be allied with anyone, because this whole alliance system is a joke. Alexandria is really, really, really tired of being talked down at, cussed at, threatened and generally bullied, whether the people doing so believe they are or not. Harassment is assessed by the person being harassed, because you don't always know what you are doing, and almost nobody has attempted to make this the in-character issue that it is.

I am not going to read or respond to this thread anymore. As I said on the discord group, I am tired of this game making me feel like crap. And yes, some people who don't think they are, are responsible for that, along with several other reasons.

If anybody actually cares about what Alexandria thinks about all this, perhaps they should log in and go talk to her, like Gaudiguch has. Otherwise, this is getting out of control. 

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• edited July 2020
    I have closed this thread, as its original topic has been answered and dealt with and recent posts have veered towards something different. 

We take harassment very seriously on Lusternia, and so if you feel that there is something that needs to be issued, please do so in game (HELP ISSUES).

Please also consider the use of the block feature on Discord or SNUB feature in game where useful and where warranted.

If there is desire to further, in a useful and helpful way, discuss the conflict between Hallifax and Magnagora and the alliance on forums, consider making a new thread.

Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.