Lack of Raves VI: Rave Today, Tweet Tomorrow

Comments

• This is late but raves to @Aramel . Besides being the best auntie, you make group combat a lot easier! It's something I'm trying to work hard on and your calls, directions, and general help are so nice.
    "One can choose to go back toward safety or forward toward growth. Growth must be chosen again and again; fear must be overcome again and again."
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    She has completed the story of Queen Serelyn, the Righteous Mother.

Yikes. That was one hell of a quest. The logic puzzle was probably one of the most difficult I've ever done in a lusternian quest. Malacoda got nothing on that one. But it was a fun ride and I can most definitely recommend!

Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Aeldra said:
    Yikes. That was one hell of a quest. The logic puzzle was probably one of the most difficult I've ever done in a lusternian quest. Malacoda got nothing on that one. But it was a fun ride and I can most definitely recommend!

Really? I think Malacoda clues are bad and just confusing with how it is worded. Things like 'The orc is in the library' sure, makes sense. 'the orc doesn't like the pendant in the kitchens or the guardhouse' is just confusing. the orc isn't in any of those, so why does he care about the pendant? I could understand if this was tell me where the pendant was, but likely I'm told by another clue who wants the pendant, making the clue more of 'why does this matter'.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Ayisdra said:
    Aeldra said:

Really? I think Malacoda clues are bad and just confusing with how it is worded. Things like 'The orc is in the library' sure, makes sense. 'the orc doesn't like the pendant in the kitchens or the guardhouse' is just confusing. the orc isn't in any of those, so why does he care about the pendant? I could understand if this was tell me where the pendant was, but likely I'm told by another clue who wants the pendant, making the clue more of 'why does this matter'.

I was merely comparing the difficulty of  both puzzles with each other, as it's the only one am aware that uses a similar puzzle that regularly stumps people. In malacoda you get clues that describe memories of what people possessed and where they were seen at the time of the catastrophe (that's how I interpret it, anyway). In the meliashmora, you get a bunch of retainers tell you what they think that the guests should wear. The puzzle is the same, you get incomplete information and need to piece together whats happening. The meliashmora one needs you to read what is not said as much as what is said a lot more and needs you to deduct more things by ruling out what is already taken. I had an entire page full of logical tables by the end of it,  that showed how items and people and costumes and masks connected. Never had to do that to that extend to malacoda and never needed that long for malacoda. Neither did malacoda have that complex clues, hence why I said that the melishamora one is a lot more challenging in terms of logic puzzles. hope that clears my statement up some :)
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Aeldra said:
    Ayisdra said:
    Aeldra said:

I was merely comparing the difficulty of  both puzzles with each other, as it's the only one am aware that uses a similar puzzle that regularly stumps people. In malacoda you get clues that describe memories of what people possessed and where they were seen at the time of the catastrophe (that's how I interpret it, anyway). In the meliashmora, you get a bunch of retainers tell you what they think that the guests should wear. The puzzle is the same, you get incomplete information and need to piece together whats happening. The meliashmora one needs you to read what is not said as much as what is said a lot more and needs you to deduct more things by ruling out what is already taken. I had an entire page full of logical tables by the end of it,  that showed how items and people and costumes and masks connected. Never had to do that to that extend to malacoda and never needed that long for malacoda. Neither did malacoda have that complex clues, hence why I said that the melishamora one is a lot more challenging in terms of logic puzzles. hope that clears my statement up some :)

I guess I just got lucky then when I did it. Retainers gave me clues that filled in every blank on the table minus two spots - there wasn't much reasoning or guessing going on besides that one coin flip.
  • Theory: If I wasn't around to touch my scar, then someone would have had to put peep chili stew in it. Can't be convinced otherwise at this point.
  • Ixion said:
    We did it! Party time everyone!
    Excuse me, but who are you?
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • Design groove is feeling good for now. Been a while since it's been this jamming.
  • Big affection to the people who RP with me outside of Magnagora and don't snub me after insulting me. You guys are the bomb.

Also @Mirae and @Moxxie, who are the best sisters I could ever ask for.
  • so much free marble