Simple questions?

Comments

• Do the in game date/time conversions not work with timezones currently? Because even after setting my timezone, it's showing the same date and time as someone across the world from me and I don't know if I'm just dumb. Pls halp. 
  • Yinuish said:
    Do the in game date/time conversions not work with timezones currently? Because even after setting my timezone, it's showing the same date and time as someone across the world from me and I don't know if I'm just dumb. Pls halp. 

It does not work with timezones, no, and will display time in GMT.
  • edited July 2020
    TIME should show both if you've used CONFIG TIMEZONE to set to a different Timezone. It will look like this:

In your world, it is 2020/07/20 18:12:21 GMT and 2020/07/21 00:12:21 in your configured timezone.

If it's not doing that for you and your timezone is configured, bug it with full details!
    Art by the wonderful Gurashi.
  • The colour of the red sky deepens momentarily to an ominous, blood-red hue, and black lightning
    streaks through the clouds as a surge of dark power wells up within the Mountains of Madness.

-
    what is this?
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • edited August 2020
    Alright! I asked on the Discord and it was a big mystery (not a player/deceased player, can't find any mentions of name in help files or library)
    ASHOP 640  A worn cameo of the ancients         
    Carved from marble that is yellowed from age and striated with veins of green, blue and black, this cameo has the silhouette of an ancient figure hidden beneath a thick cowl and long robes. As the cameo is turned in the light, the figure flickers and turns along with the movement, revealing a glimpse beneath the cowl of different races. Each time the cameo is turned, a different race appears. Beneath the figure in flowing script are the words, "In Memory of Khaphetu".
    WHOMST. Is Khaphetu? It seems like super interesting lore there, considering all the other cameos (sans basic-one) are org-linked and this one is clearly not. 
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• Might be a bit of a stretch, but -

Sciomore used "neon" in his descriptions and such. Would it be considered fine to reference neon hues for designs, or is this bending of the modern aesethetic more just for this niche instance?

• Wow, what a cool concept.  :o

He is a radiant immortal and all in stature. Imposing in presence, the Logician appears less a god and more a clockwork automaton brought to full consciousness. Beaten metal wraps around his head like a mask or hood, keeping whatever visage beneath safe from view; the only opportunity to see a single red eye is between one of three lenses of black glass that puncture the mask: though this eye shifts between each of these three intermittently. No mouth, but a mesh of thin wire surrounds the location of his mouth, a whisper of sound erupting from it - breathing, his voice, it is not certain. Across his chest is a breastplate of spinning gears that seem to empower his limbs as both his arms and legs are riveted with metal joints. Tubes of neon light jut out from his neck and pierce his shoulders, feeding the rest of his body with an indeterminable energy source. Despite this mechanical embodiment, Sciomore finds himself wrapped in a longcoat of black sheep's wool: the back of which is embroidered with a complex map of the planes.
  • I have a question too:

These are my travel curios. Are we supposed to have three different ones for the Polar environment and none for Ruins? Are there other environment types missing?

• The phoenix plume and frozen spearhead are quest curios.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Jolanthe said:
    Might be a bit of a stretch, but -

Sciomore used "neon" in his descriptions and such. Would it be considered fine to reference neon hues for designs, or is this bending of the modern aesethetic more just for this niche instance?

So, not a Charite or MR, but I've designed and Trademastered a bit. I've generally been told to avoid modern concepts where you can, but that if it's being used entirely metaphorically, or to evoke an image, it's okay. But if it's an actual image or material it's strictly verboten.

So describing something as being neon yellow is acceptable, calling it "an eye-searingly bright yellow" is good, but if you say something has neon lines running through it that's probably no good.
  • Can you nondecay+customize an item then give it to someone else?
  • Kali said:
    Can you nondecay+customize an item then give it to someone else?
    Yes you absolutely can!

Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • Nepenthe said:
    I have a question too:

These are my travel curios. Are we supposed to have three different ones for the Polar environment and none for Ruins? Are there other environment types missing?

the older curios really need a hard looking-at. For instance, there's a curio that gives 100% of its buff to blunt damage (Ruby Rib), but not one that gives 100% of its buff to cutting. Most warriors/monks have to rely on split buffs from the Black Widow or Wooden Wakabi 

• Tridemon said:
    The phoenix plume and frozen spearhead are quest curios.
    I don’t know what this means.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    @Nepenthe, Tridemon meant, they're gained as quest rewards from completing specific quests with a specific theme and thus likely also follow  that theme. In this case they're gained in icewynd and thus likely all have to do with frozen things.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Bleh. So not just a mistake. If we’re going to see other environments added, it’ll be brand new curios. Thanks.
    anyone have any specifics about max range of some gmcp variables? particularly interested in the maximum of wounds per gmcp variable in gmcp.Char.Vitals.
  • Is it possible to buy cartel permits for org cartels?
    "One can choose to go back toward safety or forward toward growth. Growth must be chosen again and again; fear must be overcome again and again."
  • Is there a way to re-do your vote jingle? Furrikin hugging is so 530's. Dracnari are in now.
  • edited August 2020
    [Deleted misinformation]
    Active: Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday EST

how does one detach a jewellery curio from an item? accidently put it int the wrong item and figuring out how to do that has, so far, failed me.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Give the item to someone else and wait for the jewel to scurry back, assuming they function like tailoring bows.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Caohite said:
    Is it possible to buy cartel permits for org cartels?

no, sorry!

• Aeldra said:
    how does one detach a jewellery curio from an item? accidently put it int the wrong item and figuring out how to do that has, so far, failed me.

just REMOVE <jewel> FROM <item>
  • Can typecasts be donated to orders?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Can typecasts be donated to orders?

They can belong to orders, so...theoretically?
  • edited August 2020
    Not normal ones, no. Auction ones were able to go to orders with the divine's approval but normal ones are more restricted.

Order typecasts are 99% of the time chosen and added by the divine themselves.
    Art by the wonderful Gurashi.
  • edited August 2020
    A question that perhaps only @Aonia might be able to answer:

Are there different chicken breeds in Lusternia? Not all of them, obviously (as some reference real world locations in their names), but as a more exacting example I am particularly interested in the silver laced wyandotte

Edit: Bah, even that's a real place - but I guess the question still stands in part.
  • But purple chickens are okay, right?
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.