Simple questions?

Comments

• If you collar a pet, and then customise it, does its default prog stay after the customisation?  I'm considering customising my beast but I love his default reactions and ambiances. I want to make sure they wouldn't go away!

Second question: If you want to add to a beast's reactions do the defaults it already had stay on, or are they totally cleared when you request the first custom reaction?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    If you collar a pet, and then customise it, does its default prog stay after the customisation?  I'm considering customising my beast but I love his default reactions and ambiances. I want to make sure they wouldn't go away!

Second question: If you want to add to a beast's reactions do the defaults it already had stay on, or are they totally cleared when you request the first custom reaction?
    If you mean "turn it into a pet", the answer is no :(
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • If you collar a pet, and then customise it, does its default prog stay after the customisation?  I'm considering customising my beast but I love his default reactions and ambiances. I want to make sure they wouldn't go away!

I already asked this for my fire wyvern months ago: it'll reset the default ambiances the pet puts off, unfortunately, so you'd have to add them manually as reactions again when you made it custom. IDK about appearance since I hadn't asked before :C  
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• I think this is more of a question for @Aonia, and I'm not going to expect an answer anytime soon. However, I feel like it's useful to bring up here since there's still a small chance someone else has asked and gone through the process, and it might also be intriguing for others to consider.

So! Questions.

If you have a homestead, and ultimately get manse dwellers, could the manse dwellers be set to dwell within the homestead? Could they be bound to remain just within the confines of the homestead, or would they be liable to roam out into the general area they are in too?
  • The answer is theoretically yes, but the specifics depend on how your homestead is set up in terms of entrances, what the dweller is, where your homestead is etc.

If you or anyone are ever considering a homestead/dweller and want to run your idea past us, you can email artifacts@lusternia.com with your query. Just bear in mind that if you go too theoretical we won't be able to give a proper answer, because it does depend on all those specifics.
    Art by the wonderful Gurashi.
  • Okay! We'll see where my brainstorming leads - I imagine it'd be easier if you used the teleport feature too, to have a tucked away area (assuming the teleport feature for homesteads works like that too). But the extreme prompt was nice, thanks!
  • Kind of want clarification on how "canon" scholarly works can be considered.

Here is my example: scholarly work 1564 makes reference to ophanim once living on Shallamar (page 1). Does this mean that "ophanim" is a fully in-character term, and I might use it freely in reference with design?

• Jolanthe said:
    Kind of want clarification on how "canon" scholarly works can be considered.

Here is my example: scholarly work 1564 makes reference to ophanim once living on Shallamar (page 1). Does this mean that "ophanim" is a fully in-character term, and I might use it freely in reference with design?

Scholarly works are not to be taken as truth. While divine scholars do weed out the most egregious works, there are still many heavily biased works or works with points that have no backing in the rest of the game or with the overall lore of the the game. So do consume with caution!
  • If you google "UFO's in the bible" those are Ophanim, except that they should be green, which most artists don't do.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    "She has faded into obscurity."

What does this line mean? Is this measuring out of manse activity a la vote weight?
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Eritheyl said:

What does this line mean? Is this measuring out of manse activity a la vote weight?
    She has an artifact to hide her clans.
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Coraline said:
    Eritheyl said:

Bwuh. Weird line, weird placement.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Eritheyl said:
    Coraline said:
    Eritheyl said:

Bwuh. Weird line, weird placement.
    Agreed! I used to think it was someone who had started their retirement process lol
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • It is very weird. But when you're in 38 clans or so, it becomes a necessity. Unless you enjoy making eyes bleed, haha.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• Is it possible to get a copy of Deliora La'Saet's diary from the Red Star/Lovers event by in-game questing means, or do I need to start asking players?

• edited July 2020
    Is it possible to get a copy of Deliora La'Saet's diary from the Red Star/Lovers event by in-game questing means, or do I need to start asking players?

After spending the last couple minutes trying to locate this diary, I can safely say that it is entirely possible to acquire the diary via in-game means. Although making a copy of it is a different matter.
    Forum avatar by @Gurashi!
  • Terentia said:
    After spending the last couple minutes trying to locate this diary, I can safely say that it is entirely possible to acquire the diary via in-game means. Although making a copy of it is a different matter.

• Is it possible to get a copy of Deliora La'Saet's diary from the Red Star/Lovers event by in-game questing means, or do I need to start asking players?

Ask me IC.
  • Terentia said:

Okay, okay, okay. Someone alerted me that it might not exactly, not necessarily, not completely be true what I said. But it is something that is being worked on.
    Double posting, but it is now absolutely, positively, undeniably, and reliably the the case that the tome can be found (@Misericorde)
    Forum avatar by @Gurashi!
  • Terentia said:
    Terentia said:

Okay, okay, okay. Someone alerted me that it might not exactly, not necessarily, not completely be true what I said. But it is something that is being worked on.
    Double posting, but it is now absolutely, positively, undeniably, and reliably the the case that the tome can be found (@Misericorde)

I love you BattleMom <3<3<3
  • Is there a post/thread somewhere that fully discusses or compares/contrasts the warrior class archetypes against one another?  I typically hear of Pureblade, Axelord, and Cavalier, but nothing on Bonecrusher, for example.  I've been trying to search the forums and coming up [mostly] dry.
    You have been recognised by Elexia for: She is such an incredible writer, and I adore the friendship between Faythe and Elexia. Faythe's emotes are well-written and creative, and in this scene in particular she has done such wonderful emotes using the Moondancer fae! It's always inspiring and so very much fun. 

You have been recognised by Lief for: There is a LOT to recognize you over. We've had so many great scenes - so much tension and warmth and friendship and confusion between our two characters, and I love every moment of it. Not to mention the cult - I am so glad you could make it, and Faythe's role in its creation was beautiful. It wouldn't have been the same event without Faythe's presence there. Thank you!!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    So, is Ixion the only one who gets/got to fusion-ha with Zagreus, or is it safe to assume that some other weird timeline stuff crept through while everything was going pearnana shaped and getting all Dr. Strange up in here? Asking because it'd be a pretty convenient vector for changing or supercharging character arcs, and some of us were in the middle of srs-time arpies when things went down.
  • Not sure if this is the right place for this question:
    Nexus is no longer displaying my karma/power reserves in teh lower left window that it used to.
    Is there anyway to get that back?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Tylwyth said:
    Not sure if this is the right place for this question:
    Nexus is no longer displaying my karma/power reserves in teh lower left window that it used to.
    Is there anyway to get that back?

Not at present, but apparently it's a known issue with the update to GMCP and some folk have submitted it as feedback for Nexus.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight

Luce said:
    So, is Ixion the only one who gets/got to fusion-ha with Zagreus, or is it safe to assume that some other weird timeline stuff crept through while everything was going pearnana shaped and getting all Dr. Strange up in here? Asking because it'd be a pretty convenient vector for changing or supercharging character arcs, and some of us were in the middle of srs-time arpies when things went down.

Well, Avechna did say that the Goloth took a lot of power during the event, so how knows whom all it will affect. I wouldn't be surprised if we would see more things affected by this.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Could I have a dweller and a gnome weapon customization with identical short descriptions?
  • @Luce - it really depends what you're doing. It would be too much to say you fully fused with an alternative self, as it took Avechna (whose temporal power is immense now thanks to Isikathi's presence) and the help of a TA to fully merge a person, and even then it involved him being completely unmade/remade. But because there are an infinite number of timelines, and Aeonicists regularly pull from those other timelines as part of their abilities, it's not unreasonable to be influenced in a small way by another timeline - especially as you point out with how much temporal reality has been messed up recently.

@Nepenthe - we'd let you do that yes, as the responsibility for avoiding confusion is yours alone (much in the same way that people who change the main noun of an item but don't have an alias added have to remember). It's different with designs because identical appearances would confuse everyone.
    Art by the wonderful Gurashi.