Simple questions?

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    That is how it is working now, but not how it worked previously.  The message itself in the logs showed up correctly, but a person trying to see how many points they needed to advance were told they needed the next rank's total (hence the 50% thing).  The last person I advanced prior to the log above was Daem I believe, and he appropriately triggered the "ready for promotion" line.
    The breakage happened sometime after that.
  • Okay. But: You know how it works, it's easily adjusted for (bump each level up one in the guild-side listing), and once you've done that it'll handle itself. Why's this crucial and urgent? Straight up, you can fix it locally yourself in sub three minutes.
    Kalnid said:
    Okay. But: You know how it works, it's easily adjusted for (bump each level up one in the guild-side listing), and once you've done that it'll handle itself. Why's this crucial and urgent? Straight up, you can fix it locally yourself in sub three minutes.
    You are requesting that every guild leader in the game adjust their thresholds to account for a bug, with the understanding that they will have to undo it when the bug gets fixed.
    The guild points system is now fundamental to how guilds work and it is important that it works properly.
  • Consider the alternate possibility: it is working properly, if slightly unintuitively. You're requesting that every guild leader in the game who is currently using it correctly have to undo it when the 'bug' gets fixed, while also demanding admin time to change it.
    Of course, that's irrelevant, because as mentioned it's easy as hell to set up properly once you know how it works. If the rank thresholds aren't working as you want right now, either a: you're ignorant or b: you're bullheaded enough to insist other people fix things you could fix yourself.
    Shit, if you want I'll fix the ranks for you. Hit me up.
    Kalnid said:
    Consider the alternate possibility: it is working properly, if slightly unintuitively. You're requesting that every guild leader in the game who is currently using it correctly have to undo it when the 'bug' gets fixed, while also demanding admin time to change it.
    Of course, that's irrelevant, because as mentioned it's easy as hell to set up properly once you know how it works. If the rank thresholds aren't working as you want right now, either a: you're ignorant or b: you're bullheaded enough to insist other people fix things you could fix yourself.
    Shit, if you want I'll fix the ranks for you. Hit me up.
    They are not using it correctly, however.  You can assign points to guild rank one, but everyone is assigned rank 1 automatically when they join the guild.  And the message itself reads something along the lines of "so and so has attained the necessary points to reach the next rank," which matches exactly how it has worked up until recently.  "If rank 1, needs X points to advance."
    PS: Orael is the one who stated he planned to fix it "asap" (his words).  Our other posts here have been informative / explaining of the issue.  I don't particularly understand what you're trying to accomplish.  So I think I will just continue as I have been-- providing details about the bug.  I will also be happy when it is fixed.
  • Uzriel said:
    Does anybody have a copy of Ghani's description they can post?

Preferably both the incognito viscanti prereveal and the revealed Ghani.
    A partial answer to your question can be found here:

https://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/comment/187973/#Comment_187973
  • Was definitely working in the Revelry like it was supposed to
  • How do you register yourself in on of the trade catalogues?
  • Uzriel said:
    How do you register yourself in on of the trade catalogues?
    I think it's CONFIG DESIGNVISIBLE ON
  • How does the tattoo skin suit (ashop 690) work - It says 'multiple skins', but how many is multiple exactly? Can you store all the tattoos in the suit and have your actual body be tattoo less?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    God that thing is horrifying.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Ayisdra said:
    How does the tattoo skin suit (ashop 690) work - It says 'multiple skins', but how many is multiple exactly? Can you store all the tattoos in the suit and have your actual body be tattoo less?
    Basically, you tattoo all your tattoos on, RECORD <name> it with a name. PEEL off your skin to remove your tattoos. WEAR <name> to wear a recorded set. All, ideally, to Q Lazzarus's Goodbye Horses in the background.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Sorry if this has come up somewhere, I tried hunting but couldn't find anything - 

There are some beast eggs for sale in the aetherplex but when I went to buy them, in the shops they are listed as being available for dingbats, but dingbats are no longer a thing. Sooo...uhh. Are these available to buy? Is it a bug? Are they just there to tease me?
  • It's a bug, and you should message the owner to see how much they want for them!
  • Supposing one come across one of those quest mazes that has every exit and all the rooms are the same and there's no map of any sort, and you don't have a guide. Or don't want one. How do you solve them? Are there any hints, or better, surefire ways to get through? Otherwise, mazes are dumb.
  • I don’t not sure if this is the best solution but I drop a gold coin to use as a marker and goto the next room. If it takes you to a room without a coin write down the direction. Most of the mazes I’ve seen have just one path and a wrong move takes you to the start. It’s a bit tedious but works.
  • There are different types of mazes, it depends. Generally there's some clue as to the path. If not or you don't see one, drop 1 gold, move, drop 2 gold, etc. etc. and find the pathing that doesn't loop back or wrongexit.
  • edited January 2020
    Is there a way to change which hair curio is active in your description without wearing/removing? 
    Edit: I really don't like wearing/removing because then I have to changeling in private because it's weird. >.> Don't judge me.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

Can I submit timequake setting ideas using IDEA or is there a better way?  :#
    I used to make cakes.

• Is city participation gain from getting approved designs from anything approved or only the city cartels? Do designs submitted for public count or only org submissions?
    Only org cartels.  Can be public or private.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    emovveride new laugh
    No such emote 'laugh'.

Am I doing something wrong, or is the one emote I want to override not available for this command?
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Eritheyl said:
    emovveride new laugh
    No such emote 'laugh'.

Am I doing something wrong, or is the one emote I want to override not available for this command?
    Some emotes - the kind that have additional function - don't run through the emote system like others. Agree is another example. Laugh is likely like this because it changes version based on gender.

There is a workaround here because the laugh emotes also exist as real emotes - look up trillinglaugh and rumblinglaugh. Using the override on the relevant one might work on its own, but worst case you can then alias laugh to the specific version, bypassing where the game goes to check your gender.
    Art by the wonderful Gurashi.
  • How does family honor related to elected positions work? It seems really small for something so theoretically prestigious - Myeras gets 3 honor/weave per person, and another family gets 1 honor? Are we doing something wrong?(besides the error of not joining Hallifax and Shevat :D )
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
    Has nothing to do with elected positions, and everything to do with family honour gain being a terrible algorithm.  Part of my report for making it more transparent was so that people can see what it is actually doing (and maybe get a fix report some day).

Family honour gains get squished based on how much honour your family has, but it is not a proportional squish.  With enough honour a 100-point income (standard hunting/influencing tick) might get squished to 50, but a 50 point tick (things like influencing in a revolt or whatever) get squished down to 3.

The algorithm is both overly complex and silly.  It could do with something that treats smaller gains more fairly.
  • Lief said:
    How does family honor related to elected positions work? It seems really small for something so theoretically prestigious - Myeras gets 3 honor/weave per person, and another family gets 1 honor? Are we doing something wrong?(besides the error of not joining Hallifax and Shevat :D )
    In short, almost everything is worthless to Shevat now. So sad. :'(

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

Who gets 100 points for bashing? :open_mouth:

I used to make cakes.

Low honour families.

SS is at 31 per now I think (with the reduction for family style applied).  Village influencing and such are 1 per.
  • Strongleaf looks to be getting 7 for elected and 57 for a bashing tick.

I feel like the benefits of families should probably be reviewed though, tried setting the daily goal of getting a tick and quickly stopped because there wasn't really much of a point except to stop honour decay? 

We've got great house, so we have that influencing buff, we'd need to double our current honour for any other benefit which is the most honourable bonus.