Simple questions?

Comments

• No limit on total modules. One of each, three of the enhancement one. You can wear anything over it, and hide it as it's an arti. Unsure which benefit you'd get, should default to the higher one.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited October 2019
    You can wear an aethersuit and any other armor at the same time, but you'll only benefit from the damage reduction and enhancements of one of them. For reasons I can't understand, sometimes ARMOR shows me using my kata suit, other times my aethersuit. I have to remove, drop, and rewear the kata suit to make sure I'm getting the bonuses from the aethersuit.

And like Synl mentioned, you can hide the aethersuit if you want, and no one will be the wiser. You can even make a magical girl transformation emote for when you switch between your humble monk attire and your aetherpunk getup.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Thank you both, that helps a lot!
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • Is there a critiquing category for: This publication would not pass Grade 9 english. ?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited October 2019
    My understanding of critiquing is that it is more meant as a check to make sure people aren't doing obviously terrible stuff (plagiarizing, insane/obviously OOC junk, etc)?  I think you may be able to critique for obviously not proofreading for spelling/grammar issues, not sure on that though.
    There is a second stage after the critique process where the admin will review the book for a final up/down.  I am actually confused as to what occurs here, because if they disagree with it you get told the book was rejected / failed to publish, but admin have also contradicted this by saying it did successfully go through?  Regardless, they do review it for final quality control.
    If it is just content / writing style, that does not really seem to be critiquable.
    Edit: My answer seems to be "not so simple after all."
  • edited October 2019
    You can critique if the book is riddled with spelling/grammar errors or formatting errors (they have been in the past), but if it's like one or two typos etc that critique will not go through.

Edit: because my comment about books riddled with typos is riddled with typos >.>
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.

• So, do sand dollars exist in Lusternia?

I haven't searched super hard yet, but I figure they must/ought to, and the only reason they might not is due to the name. They have a number of other names, though! So, if I wanted to use one in a design, would any of those other names be applicable? I want to say "sea biscuit" is probably the one I'm angling towards attempting if I can't encounter IC evidence in a room desc anywhere.

• Ianir said:
    Jolanthe said:

So, do sand dollars exist in Lusternia?

I haven't searched super hard yet, but I figure they must/ought to, and the only reason they might not is due to the name. They have a number of other names, though! So, if I wanted to use one in a design, would any of those other names be applicable? I want to say "sea biscuit" is probably the one I'm angling towards attempting if I can't encounter IC evidence in a room desc anywhere.

Yes. Sanctifiers guildhall, Celest's alembic room, and Oleanvir have them.
    I only regret that I have but one flag to give. Thank you most kindly!
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Why was marauder's mask retired?
  • Rivius said:
    Why was marauder's mask retired?
    Its lack of counter in combat (a guessing game of names is not a good mechanic), and the fact that it's actively been incompatible with and breaking our mob scripting system for years with either the scripts bypassing the mask (as seen sometimes with custom pets) or just erroring out and having to be manually enabled by a divine before they start working again.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • How does mortal review/divine review work for designs, and what's the difference? I couldn't work out what the right helpfile was to describe the process of review, so left my design with mortal review flag on.

Now though it has:
    Mortal Reviews: Allowed   * NEEDS DIVINE REVIEW *
    I'm guessing that most likely means there was a problem with the design and the mortal reviewer wasn't able to wave it through?

Or should I have set it for divine in the first place for certain types of designs?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    That flag is if the mortal reviewers are unsure about something and think it needs it to be reviewed by the final arbiters, basically.
  • How does mortal review/divine review work for designs, and what's the difference? I couldn't work out what the right helpfile was to describe the process of review, so left my design with mortal review flag on.

Now though it has:
    Mortal Reviews: Allowed   * NEEDS DIVINE REVIEW *
    I'm guessing that most likely means there was a problem with the design and the mortal reviewer wasn't able to wave it through?

Or should I have set it for divine in the first place for certain types of designs?
    There are certain things that mortal reviewers are expected to flag immediately, and then if they're unsure if something breaks the rules, it's also possible to end up flagged for that too.

There's very rarely a good reason to nomortalreview. It can be days (or longer) before the divine notice, and it's rare that the reviewers get so crazy that the Charites disagree with most calls they make. 

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• Ahhhhhh, will garlands placed in manse rooms that have stasis gems not decay?? (I want them forever!)
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• Afraid they aren't furniture, and they will decay. Stockrooms don't help either.
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • Do / can trill have beaks?

Related question: do / can trill have talons?
  • I could be wrong, but I don't think trill in general will have those things. (Maybe talons are more reasonable in general?)

I assume a crowform trill can, and I don't see why a trill couldn't otherwise mutate themselves through appropriate means if they wanted to though.
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
    @Ghibli there is at least one trill player who has those features in his description but I don’t think there’s any canon source that suggests they are within the standard range of trill morphology.

But in a world of magical bullshit and 7-foot mastiff furrikins, anything is possible.
    I used to make cakes.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Daraius said:

But in a world of magical bullshit and 7-foot mastiff furrikins, anything is possible.

Look. Mastiff furrikins are either loboshigaru in denial or furrikins who really want to be loboshigaru. Commit to one.

Looking at you, Simo the monstrosity.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Don’t speak to me or my son ever again.
    I used to make cakes.

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    On that topic, a question for the loboshigaru nerds.

HELP LOBOSHIGARU establishes that some lobos are more like dogs than wolves or jackals, which I am taking as resembling domestic dogs. Various other sources have established loboshigaru as being stupendously aggressive by default, with that aggression mediated by Toshan teachings. But wait! Quettle at least is a jackal in his probe description, generic monks are more ambiguous (mixed breed, which I assume implies some wolfiness for lobos.) Are loboshigaru that resemble domestic dogs also more domestic in their outlook? Is Toshan monasticism a trick to domesticate loboshigaru and turn them all into good doggies who need treats?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Is there a rune I can stick on my Greatrobes so they don't decay?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Tylwyth said:
    Is there a rune I can stick on my Greatrobes so they don't decay?
    Any of the resistance or enhancement runes, and the runes of winter and summer bane.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • What is the helpfile that talks about 'Alternate Sparkleberry' use? I can't work out which herbs it refers to, or how to make use of it.

My Autocuring option to use alternate herbs is set on, but I don't think I'm doing so - so I mustn't have the right herbs.
    edited October 2019
    Nah, it’s just that there’s only an “alternate” sparkle berry herb when someone has the Crown of Nature. Maligorn needs to upgrade the domoth.  :p

DOMOTH STATUS shows who controls each domoth and what level they’re at, or if you’re not a demigod you can touch the Seal of Knowledge to check.
    I used to make cakes.

• Anyway to unset the typecast power without removing it? I've tried a couple variations of POWERS SET TYPECAST NONE, NOTHING, etc with no effect.
  • Ghibli said:
    Anyway to unset the typecast power without removing it? I've tried a couple variations of POWERS SET TYPECAST NONE, NOTHING, etc with no effect.
    POWERS SET TYPECAST DEFAULT should do it - we'll look at making that clearer in the in-game syntax.
    Art by the wonderful Gurashi.