Simple questions?

Comments

• Ani said:
    Can commune/city shops be expanded to more than 500 items? 
    I know aethershops can go to 1000 items, wasn't sure about commune/city shops.
    Yes, city shops can upgrade for 1 million gold, for each time. This is done by a council member (or maybe just a chancellor) in the council room and the gold is taken from the chancellor account
  • Perfect - thank you for the answers!!
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    The upgrade passes along to the next shop owner too if you ever sell it.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Hihi, I haven't played in forever. Decided to try some things out now that Lusternia's following the same model as Imperian.

Was curious about these grimy wondercrystals... What is the criteria for them being handed out? I've gotten 3 so far with no real inclination as to why. I figured it was tied to the dailycredit system but I've gotten them all long after I was capped for the day.
  • edited August 2019
    They are likely cuz you leveled, you get "grimy" chrystals from leveling, you can only sell/trade shiny ones, grimy ones are like sticky dingbats or goop, or bound credits. I would suggest you form a wondercornucpia(TYPE WONDERCORNUCOPIA FORM I think). As it only takes ten to complete it and then every in-game year will give either a wondercrystal or 500 goop. both are useful.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Oh I couldn't see anywhere that they were awarded from leveling. But that makes sense- I figured grimy meant they were untradeable at the very least, just wasn't sure how/why I got them!
  • Grimy wondercrystals are awarded every 10 levels. You likely just missed it in the level spam from those particular ones.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• Grimy wondercrystals are awarded every 10 levels. You likely just missed it in the level spam from those particular ones.
    Makes sense. My tired brain was probably not realising I was getting them every 10 levels. A couple of the quests at the start had big walls of text with the quest end, which jumbled together with the crystal/leveling/dailycredits text.
  • What's an egregore? The beast thread doesn't have any descriptions of what they are.
  • Raimari said:
    What's an egregore? The beast thread doesn't have any descriptions of what they are.
    It's a dream beast that Mysrai followers can purchase from one of their order mobs
  • Aruokei said:
    Raimari said:
    What's an egregore? The beast thread doesn't have any descriptions of what they are.
    It's a dream beast that Mysrai followers can purchase from one of their order mobs
    I know where it's from, I wanna know what it is. Like, appearance-wise, because nobody's posted descriptions of them in the beast thread. :(
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited August 2019
    @Divine any chance of putting up a copy of the description of what they look like? :)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • How versatile is the manse archway for setting up ambiances?

ASHOP 538 INFO references the existence of an ARCHWAY command, but gives no indication as to its flexibility. Can it set ambiants to only fire at certain times of day, or only in certain rooms? The latter in particular is what I'd really care about.

• Jolanthe said:
    How versatile is the manse archway for setting up ambiances?

ASHOP 538 INFO references the existence of an ARCHWAY command, but gives no indication as to its flexibility. Can it set ambiants to only fire at certain times of day, or only in certain rooms? The latter in particular is what I'd really care about.

I want to say that you can set X number of ambiances, and they randomly fire in the daytime or night time depending on how you set them. It's all rooms of the manse,so far as I know.
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • You can set up to 10 ambiances, determine whether they should fire at night or during the day, and yes they do fire to all rooms unfortunately. They do not have enivronment settings (An upgrade for archways to do that would be really cool to have!)
    Post it in artifact ideas, Dro!
    I used to make cakes.

Does a shopkeeper dweller show the same bin names as the shop they're selling from?
    I used to make cakes.

• Daraius said:
    Does a shopkeeper dweller show the same bin names as the shop they're selling from?
    Yes, it's just like the person is shopping in that shop.
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • Will the Czigany curio packages be going in the Ashop after this month?
  • What are some of your favourite fun activities to do that can contribute meaningfully to a nation, outside of direct conflict with another org?

I know there are a lot of power quests, but it seems like everyone has a glut of more power than they can possibly use, so I doubt that really makes much difference in reality. And then obviously there are the conflict events (villages, aetherflares, timequakes, etc) which seem the most useful, rewarding and interesting... but they pretty much seem to be either PK-oriented or very irregular in frequency.

So I thought I'd ask if there are things that city leaders are keen for players to dabble with during their regular playtime? There are still really no external threats to be managed outside of foreign nation adversaries, right?
  • edited September 2019
    What are some of your favourite fun activities to do that can contribute meaningfully to a nation, outside of direct conflict with another org?

I know there are a lot of power quests, but it seems like everyone has a glut of more power than they can possibly use, so I doubt that really makes much difference in reality. And then obviously there are the conflict events (villages, aetherflares, timequakes, etc) which seem the most useful, rewarding and interesting... but they pretty much seem to be either PK-oriented or very irregular in frequency.

So I thought I'd ask if there are things that city leaders are keen for players to dabble with during their regular playtime? There are still really no external threats to be managed outside of foreign nation adversaries, right?
    Power is important! At least in Serenwilde, we've been making a point of using it to raise vernal ascendants since that's (basically) its only use.

Culture is another huge way to benefit an org. Design things for your nation's cartels! Write books and do plays/performances/lectures! These will generate orgpoints, which determine your org's ranking and therefore how many credits your nation earns at the game year's end.

Psychodrama is another way to contribute as well. If you finish the year's tournament in the top 3, you also generate orgcredits.
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
    +1 to culture stuff. Good for the org, good for the game, and usually fun as heck. 
    I used to make cakes.

• So, uh. What exactly does a Gauntlet of Dragon's Breath do? It's not in the aethershop, or in the auction artifacts help.
  • Jolanthe said:
    So, uh. What exactly does a Gauntlet of Dragon's Breath do? It's not in the aethershop, or in the auction artifacts help.
    Sets the rooms in the line you point ablaze.
  • How do you get it?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Presents, apparently.
    You pat the head of a carved cedarwood Toshan idol and a light goes on in its eyes.
    Laser lines carrying bursts of steam and streams of fire shoot from the eyes of a carved cedarwood 
    Toshan idol and hit a mountain rockeater.
    You allow the energy stored in a gilded cage to explode outwards in a coruscating flare, augmenting
    your assault.

Is the gilded cage line here visible to people in the room, or am I the only one that sees it?

I used to make cakes.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    You only.
    Thanks for saving me 50 credits.  :D
    I used to make cakes.

• I'm probably blind and not seeing it in the help file, but is there a limit on how many modules an aethersuit can have? I know there's a limit on tailoring knots.

Also, can you wear (but probably not receive the benefits of) splendours over your aethersuit? If not, I'm going to have to figure out a new aesthetic for Lief before I buy one D:
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."