Simple questions?

1155156157158159161»

Comments

• TylwythTylwyth Member Posts: 1,635 Mythical
    Choros said:
    How was Ladantine able to channel power through the Megalith from the node on Astral if he was an Aquamancer and not a Celestine?
    Pfft,
    1)It wasn't like he was drawing power FROM the Megalith, he was coning down to it.
    2) As Emperor, he likely had special perms for every empire nexus.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

I could definitely see Avechna and/or the peeps in charge of the surviving/new nexii, both Keepers and Org leaders, deciding to tap down on what anyone could do with regards to power and the astral plane in the wake of the Taint Wars.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spotMember Posts: 4,351 Transcendent
    edited June 4
    Point of curiosity regarding the new pathing. When path tracking with celerity bonuses, do you kind of teleport from room to room or do people see you pass through the ones that are 'skipped' ?

You speedwalk down to at the base of Beryl Tower.
    You speedwalk south to outside of Beryl Tower.
    You speedwalk down to between bronze pillars.
    You speedwalk north to bronze pillars marked with footnotes.
    6 more steps to your destination.

Like would someone at between bronze pillars see me zip through?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord Member Posts: 6,581 Transcendent
    Yes, they see you zip by.
  • MakaiMakai Member Posts: 316 Capable
    If they can see your movements, yes. Though things like Yesod or other invisibility would make your movements invisible. Very few things like a Harmony skill I can't think of right now and such would see your movements.
  • ChorosChoros Member Posts: 35 Apprentice
    Daraius said:
    Point of curiosity regarding the new pathing. When path tracking with celerity bonuses, do you kind of teleport from room to room or do people see you pass through the ones that are 'skipped' ?

You speedwalk down to at the base of Beryl Tower.
    You speedwalk south to outside of Beryl Tower.
    You speedwalk down to between bronze pillars.
    You speedwalk north to bronze pillars marked with footnotes.
    6 more steps to your destination.

Like would someone at between bronze pillars see me zip through?
    All it's doing is cutting out the room desc of each room you pass through.
  • CoralineCoraline Member Posts: 308 Adept
    The thread about psychodrama reminded me to ask this. Why is the org credits per year for designing capped at 50 when yearly submission through cartels is already limited to 6 per cartel?
    2019/05/29 01:36:00 - The squad known as 'Seriously Choco-squid this time' supporting Gaudiguch generated 1 power
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie Member Posts: 1,504 Transcendent
    This is just my best guess, I wasn't there when they were planning it:
    Six designs per cartel is 30 points per cartel. Multiply it by 7 cartels to get 210 potential points if it goes uncapped. Relying on the natural cap from limited submissions would allow designing to overwhelm other categories.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • JolantheJolanthe Member Posts: 238 Gifted
    Portius said:
    This is just my best guess, I wasn't there when they were planning it:
    Six designs per cartel is 30 points per cartel. Multiply it by 7 cartels to get 210 potential points if it goes uncapped. Relying on the natural cap from limited submissions would allow designing to overwhelm other categories.
    Pretty sure that's it, too. The limit also means you can finish up pretty early and not sweat the rest, or have to have every trade cartel brimming with activity. It's a lot of extra pressure for "mandatory" point claims.

• KistanKistan Member Posts: 357 Expert
    Why must plays be a minimum of 5 minutes to count for org credits whereas a book can be only 200 words?
  • NyanaNyana Member Posts: 10 Inept
    Does being in the ethereal plane have any affect on sanity of shadowdancers/moondancers? It's not in HELP INSANITY, but it's something I heard a lot.
    edited June 9
    Pretty sure it is a guardian only thing:

Because of the affinity cosmic guardians have with the cosmic and astral planes, they will recover their sanity slightly faster when they recuperate upon the plane they are attuned to (i.e., Celestines upon Celestia and Nihilists upon Nil).

Since Wiccans are seen as the equivalent of guardians for communes, perhaps someone should clear that up.

What is there to clear? It states because of affinity for the COSMIC and ASTRAL planes. At best, the suggestion would be to see if Wiccans could be given the same treatment, but if that happens, then why not give mages Elemental?
    edited June 9
    Makai said:
    What is there to clear? It states because of affinity for the COSMIC and ASTRAL planes. At best, the suggestion would be to see if Wiccans could be given the same treatment, but if that happens, then why not give mages Elemental?
    Why not? I played a guardian once, and the cosmic benefit was negligible. Seems reasonable to give it to wiccans and mages (if they don't have that benefit already). Also, that line about COSMIC and ASTRAL... isn't it just the cosmic plane?

Edit: Actually, maybe just wiccans, if only because that's the forest equivalent. Still negligible, just doesn't seem fair that two orgs don't have it, if that help file is true.
    It is accurate, it is rumor that other archetypes have the same kind of insanity regen through confirmation bias. Also, not as negligible as you think, as it can make a stark difference if you're truly wracking up the time on Astral.

To respond to what you quoted on me, the reason they are listed as having an affinity with Astral is Astrology and of course being the bordering plane to Astral. Granted, Wiccans can also have Astrology. I'm not arguing against them getting it, just answering the question that was here. Do they have it? No. Should they have it? Go for it.
    Makai said:
    It is accurate, it is rumor that other archetypes have the same kind of insanity regen through confirmation bias. Also, not as negligible as you think, as it can make a stark difference if you're truly wracking up the time on Astral.

To respond to what you quoted on me, the reason they are listed as having an affinity with Astral is Astrology and of course being the bordering plane to Astral. Granted, Wiccans can also have Astrology. I'm not arguing against them getting it, just answering the question that was here. Do they have it? No. Should they have it? Go for it.
    Not trying to argue about it, the question was genuine as I wasn't sure what the reasoning was. And that... still seems confusing, as Astrology is given to both, as you said. But thank you for clearing it up.
  • IsnorIsnor Member Posts: 2 Inept
    Nyana said:
    Does being in the ethereal plane have any affect on sanity of shadowdancers/moondancers? It's not in HELP INSANITY, but it's something I heard a lot.
    Currently, the benefit is only applied for:
    Those with the Celestialism skill on Celestia
    Those with the Nihilism skill on Nil
    Those with the Harmonics skill on Continuum
    Those with the Transmology skill on Vortex