Lusternian AMA

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    1. There is a quest tengentally related to a certain important historical figure. If you give that person the untranslated scroll that was originally written for them, you fail the quest because it won't be returned, but you are thanked profusely because they are fully able to read it. It is heartwarming to see at least once, but it is a HUGE dangling plot thread that I want to pull at OH MY GODS.

2. So, there's a certain thing you learn in Hallifax. It either DESTROYS your character or it makes them stronger. It was really interesting to see Luce's reaction to that when it happened, but seeing someone else go through the process and come to the same conclusion is interesting. I've taken on a mentoring role now and it's been a trip.

3. Freaky Friday A where character realizes what's going on and is basically the same person? New Celest is the only org Luce has a PRAYER being able to pretend to be a member of. Freaky Friday B where it's an alternate-timeline Luce? During the Great Zagrean Kerscuffle, Luce picked up memories from an inverted version of himself where he was more draconic than vulpine (essentially a short, foxlike dracnari raised in Dairuchi instead of a draconic furrikin from Estelbar) who was sassy, confident, and liked to cater and hang around the edge of HUGE parties then write about the aftermath in the Gossip-equivalent.

4. I'm cooking up a customisation for my beer goggles, but my custom nose is pretty cool (need a custom line for it). For non-custom, the Wonderbrazier is the bee's knees.

• 1. The ruined camp on the shores of the Shallach River. I stumbled across it purely by accident one day, and it brought another level of depth to a story I was already well and truly involved in.

2. Allie isn't nearly as old as most of my characters have been, but she has definitely evolved a lot. The random choice one day to go bother Czixi turned out to be a defining moment in her life, the first and most important (by a hair).

3. Probably Serenwilde (because Maylea and her people make it look pretty appealing) although I've had a soft spot for Celest since Saoirse first took me under her wing many years ago. I really don't foresee a circumstance in which it would ever happen, as Allie is quite entrenched as she is right now.

4. It's tough, as I really adore several things for various reasons. Nelras' and Allie's instruments that I designed, both to suit particular aspects of their personalities. The compass brooch of glistening stars designed by Maerad, because it's been picked at random by Allie and I want to say both of her daughters. 

It's a good thing you're not asking me to pick a favourite beast. >.<

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• 1. In the Serenwilde Power quest for bringing fae from Faethorn, after you brought them into EtherSeren, they would just hang around there, and if you greeted them again they would say "You dropped me! How could you!" and climb back up to your arms. If you give the fae again to Luna, you get a funny dialogue there too.

2. I've been playing for 2 years and this character started out as a throwaway character to just check out the game as a far more innocent and pure-at-heart character. Mischievous, sure. but with good intentions. Somewhere along the line she started becoming more amoral and darker-than-she-seems. 

3. Hmm I could imagine her going full in towards the amoral side in Magnagora, or an oddball in Hallifax trying her hardest to fit in and failing.

4.  Choco-squid brooch designed by @Jolanthe!
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • EveEve
    edited September 2020
    1. I giggle every time I get hit with the "What do you wish to fire up?" line when my bashing trigger misses because of an affliction.
    2. Yo, this question. I've been around for (14?) years now. Its kind of my outlet for being creative in a world who doesn't allow me to outside of the game. So yes, I've gown (a lot I hope). Evette started as a derpy elfen wandering around the mountains getting killed by moose. Couldn't care less about leadership, combat, or what it meant to really belong to/serve the Wyrd. Look at her go now. As stressful as managing everything can be, I'm kinda proud at where she's ended up and how far shes come.
    3. So funny story, I joked with a player about switching with them a few months back. As much as Evette loves hunting and all the blood ritual stuffs, she would have better fit to a slightly more silent divine.
    4. My cauldron I designed but cannot get My Stole. It was a 2 am idea that I got the week the auctions were taking place, and I wrote it within an hour. I wanted to assert some differences between who she is compared to most of the pack and boy oh boy, do I have a direction I want to take it.

Edit: I don't think I'll ever spell everything right the first time around.
  • So I recently discovered that there are vampire slugs on facility. As easter eggs/secrets go, thats pretty cool.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Terentia said:

1. What are your favorite easter eggs (or maybe just weird secrets) in the game?

Adasser. Both his IC story that you wouldn't know unless you happened to ask him the right questions at the right time, and the OOC story of how he came to be.

Some of the little details in the Serenwilde Vengeance game, and where they came from.

Being executed by Bandrui is actually quite terrifying and leaves a hideous, bloating corpse behind.

The way we lost Dain wasn't part of the script. We made the decision, and we now live with it.

2. For those of you who have been playing a long time, how much has your character evolved and how much do you feel you have evolved since you started?

Oh my gosh, a lot. He started as a fairly quiet, not-very-good warrior who just wanted to keep his people safe. He grew into a leader and a historian before finally taking the reigns of the Serenguard on multiple occasion. He lived by the words of the vow he took to the Serenwilde, even though he wasn't a good fighter at all, he led well enough to keep getting put back in leadership. There, he explored his spiritual side, cultivating followers of the Cult of the Three Warriors, shifting more into a spiritual leader than a martial leader.

He formed a bond and a relationship with the centaurs, which was unexpected, and came to see them as much "his people" as the Seren were. He slowly adopted some of their ways and philosophy.

The destruction of the guilds and his beloved Serenguard broke him. To this day, he won't say the name 'Serenguard', referring to that group as the "Lost Tribe". Now that he's joined the Wodewoses, he's still technically a warrior, but has forsaken all combat. He's left a lot behind from his old life, and now lives as a hermit in the Serenwilde woods, rarely interacting with others unless they seek him out (which, as the "Serenwilde Grandfather", happens a lot). He's even more spiritual than he was when he held the second highest rank possible in the Cult of the Three Warriors, and instead of being a martial protector of the boundaries of the woods, he considers himself a spiritual protector in touch with the Spirit of the Verdant Land, the kind that meditates and communions with the Land in the tradition of a mystic.

Who knows what will happen in the future?

If we had some sort of Freaky Friday situation happen, what is the org that you would find your character in that is radically different than the one they are in now, and why?

I would have to say Magnagora. Ev is all about his personal connection and communion with the Spirit of Serenwilde, living alone out in nature. Magnagora is pretty much the exact opposite, the subjugation of the natural world, corruption instead of communion, power instead of vulnerability.

What are your favorite items (both personal/customised and not)?

The frost-tipped roses that were given to Kyair and Ev at their wedding (that Ev didn't know was happening).

I love the Sickle of Chuchip and the other items needed to retrieve it.

Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • More questions... this time at midnight!

1. What is one thing you would say to a player character who no longer plays?
    2. What is one thing about the old guilds that you really miss?
    3. What is one thing about the new guilds that you really enjoy?
    4. What is one plot thread that you feel never got tied up (this could be a major one or a small one)?
    5. What is one figure from history that you would love to learn more about?
    6. This is a selfish question: Unlike some of my fellows, I don't really like "appearing" all of a sudden to a player and RPing with them (either through motes or being visible); but I feel like it makes me miss out on so many experiences. How do you like to experience your roleplay? Side-question to this question: how important is visibility (note, there is a distinction between visibility and activity) for you, esp. in relation to god roleplay?
    Forum avatar by @Gurashi!
  • edited September 2020
    I don't know that I have anything In Character to say to people who no longer play (though there are some I wish I could have met that I never will), so 1 is a bust for me but:

2. The old guilds had a much greater sense of identity, I feel, and you were surrounded by people who had similar interests and skills to you, which I feel gets lost in a lot of the new guilds due to either a lack of adequate player leadership early on or possibly a scattered identity as a whole.

3. I love the task system, and I love the fact that the new guilds are a melting pot of characters with different skills and focuses; it does make for a richer experience, even if I miss the camaraderie and focus of older guilds.

4. Ashtariel. We loved Her a lot, and it was such a quick end to such a beautiful character that I still struggle to wrap my head around properly.

5. Emperor Ladantine. Does he have a first name? What was his relationship with Marilynth like prior to him becoming a Tainted monstrosity? Who did he have Marilynth with? I've found some of Sinenth's diary pages, but never know where to find more so my questions are unanswered. WOE. WOE. (Also several Elder Gods, admittedly.)

6. Visibility is not important to me, especially because I know it can be hard to interact with mortals as an Elder God and maybe you'd rather interact with mortals as mortal NPCs to be sort of on the "same level" socially. I've had great RP with Divine who've liked to be around physically a lot (Ein, Manteekan), but I have equally great experiences with Raezon, who is not a Divine I would say is "visible" a lot; nevertheless, I feel His presence is just as valuable even if it's done through OT or merely random emits stalking Vexacion's mind.

As an addendum to 6, I have had wonderful experiences having RP with NPCs in Celest, such as Ariana the (awesome) architect and getting to meet Lantra's kepheran princess. To me, as a player, I would rather the Divine who interact with me are doing it in a manner that makes them comfortable, and if that means 95% of the interactions are done through non-Divine NPCs, then I am happy to just be getting RP at all. (I may not have answered this question correctly, but yes.)
  • 1. Maybe Kalo but not sure, probably info dump about everything that we've learned since he's been gone lol.

2. The old guilds felt less optional. Some of the later iterations it was more flexible with classflexing, but even still it felt like there was more of a reason to join a guild where now, there seems more of a question of "why join one?".

3. I think the new guilds offer broader depth(?) because now there's the dimension of class and guild, rather than those being linked. Like, how a MD could be different as a Listener, Wodewose, and Sower. (Kinda unrealistic hope/idea of the possibility of guild specific skins for classes, like SS summoning different spirits based on their guild)

4. Farella, I have a vague ooc idea of the ooc state but ic still an overt mystery.

5. Also Farella, got glimpses but she seems like a character where those glimpses add up to really different things depending on who you ask

6. No idea why but interacting with actual divine ic gives me anxiety, Elostian's style of like... listening in and just joining in kinda helped with that. Doesn't happen with mobs either for some reason. I guess visibility doesn't super matter by extension but also my timezone and that of the divine Saran'd want to follow seem to very rarely match up.
  • 1: Dear Forren: You were a major dick to me. But I get it now. Please come back and give Celest someone to rally behind.

2: Guild rites. Some guilds actually roleplayed them out instead of just popping them.

3. I don't think it's intrinsic to these new guilds being new, but the new guildhalls are all pretty amazing.

4.  Echoing the Ashtariel thing. 

5. Not a person, but a thing. At one point, Someone mentioned something that happened before Estarra returned whereas Taurians were banned from moving in herds because one time they stampeded and massacred a bunch of people. This stuck with me, and I want to hear more about it, as well as other things that happened in history, even if they're never going to impact the game itself.

6. The only way I don't want to RP is have you show up in my room and just stand there waiting for us to notice you. One of your predecessors did that.

I can't speak for anyone else, but if I'm not sitting in my manse, I'm always open for divine rp. If you have a task, or you just want to roleplay, or if you just want to throw Eamna at me and chat me up, it doesn't matter.

Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • Terentia said:
    More questions... this time at midnight!
    1. What is one plot thread that you feel never got tied up (this could be a major one or a small one)?
    The Eye of Dynara. Both Nocht and Maylea don't really do anything with the Eye. Sure they have done some things here and there, but for the supposedly most powerful item in all of Creation, I would think something bigger would happen with it.

I know I'm going to cheat and list more than one, and these are more of quest-related things, but....

1) Iklara. I know there is unreleased parts of the plane and the questline obviously points to these parts... (I also understand this can really only be done by Zvoltz and/or Mysrai)
    2) Mirage Prison. the lore book you get at the end doesn't really tell you who the prisoners were, their names being redacted. Perhaps I'm just bad at piecing history together and the answers are actually already there.
    3) I understand Gray Moors are a really old area, but the release-the-evils questline also just sorta deadends.

There are a couple of other quests that don't answer all the questions. While I understand this is meant in case an admin wants to pick it up, if an admin never does, those questions will just be left unanswered.
  • @Kailanna regarding item 4.  Mention it IC to Uzriel IC, he's pieced together some of it but is also interested in learning more about it. That's also a very cool mystery that would be fun to have brought up IC again.
  • Eritheyl said:
    Terentia said:

4. What is one plot thread that you feel never got tied up (this could be a major one or a small one)?
    6. This is a selfish question: Unlike some of my fellows, I don't really like "appearing" all of a sudden to a player and RPing with them (either through motes or being visible); but I feel like it makes me miss out on so many experiences. How do you like to experience your roleplay? Side-question to this question: how important is visibility (note, there is a distinction between visibility and activity) for you, esp. in relation to god roleplay?

4. The loss of Gaudiguch's old guilds seems to have been really half-baked and unexplored. I know @Viravain and the rest of the Glom crew built their event up into something really provocative and lore-heavy, but Gaudiguch...the pyramids just blew up. As far as I know, both as a player and a character, this was never really brought to a climax. It happened, we moved on, the end.

So far as I remember, that's pretty much what happened. Hallifaxians from an alternate timeline blew up our pyramids, and in return, we formed a mob with Rocket Raccoon and stormed their city.
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • Parhelion said:
    Eritheyl said:
    Terentia said:

4. The loss of Gaudiguch's old guilds seems to have been really half-baked and unexplored. I know @Viravain and the rest of the Glom crew built their event up into something really provocative and lore-heavy, but Gaudiguch...the pyramids just blew up. As far as I know, both as a player and a character, this was never really brought to a climax. It happened, we moved on, the end.

So far as I remember, that's pretty much what happened. Hallifaxians from an alternate timeline blew up our pyramids, and in return, we formed a mob with Rocket Raccoon and stormed their city.

Hallifax of the future broke out into a civil war and the guilds were fighting against each other. Even to the point of sending people back in time to destroy the other guilds when there was a time of piece. To stop the civil war from happening, we disbanded the guilds (under the advisement of the Cririk from that future)
  • edited September 2020
    6)for the record, if you are shy, just jump into an NPC. Some of my fondest/funnest memories aren't about any thing big in the greater Scheme of Things. But are when a denizen was possessed. 

Like, I remember Rowena pulling me aside and congratulating me on working on the epic quest, since I was a descendant of her she was impressed even though I wasn't formally a Nightshade at that time.

Another time, one of the shadowdancer guards, hags? I think, tried to seduce me into becoming a shadowdancer. It didn't work, but it was very cool.

• EveEve
    edited September 2020
    1. I got lucky and Evey got to say what she needed  wanted to her counter part right when they cut their thread.
    2. Gosh, the lore. 
    3. The flexibility of it all. 
    4. So, I got stuck working a ton of 12 hour shifts when the dragons came to visit Glom and Celest. I only remember bits and pieces of it, and overall was present, but none of my lights were on. 
    5. That old crazy Stormcrow, Brennan.
    6. As much as I tend to go 100  miles an hour when I'm online, if you don't catch me when I'm standing still I've prob missed anything any divine has done. I like visibility personally because it feels like all of us, even if we're not in said persons Order, get a chance to say hello and grab a little tiny bit of rp. 
  • Eritheyl said:
    2. Everything. As much as I love the idea of the freedoms that we get with the new guild setup, the "guild" identity has largely been lost to me. Maybe it's a grass-is-always-greener type situation, or maybe I'm just jaded after having been through the ringer with guild leadership time and time and time again, but the current incarnation is rather just social clubs that have no substance in my opinion. Could also be a Gaudi-exclusive thing!
    I think there's a little of this everywhere, but it felt truer still in Gaudiguch. Serenwilde's Listeners/Sowers feel like they have more rooting lore and relative RP purpose, and I've been tempted to pick between the two on occasion.
    1. Not really relevant to Yinuish, because I haven't played for long, but I was pretty disappointed when I saw Octavia had cut her thread. I was really enjoying seeing her around. 
    2. The things that were unique to them - loved the guild items for the leaders, guild rites, guild champion pets, the rituals we coded in for particular ones. This is absolutely something I'm planning to work on for Magisterium, but atm I feel a bit like a one-woman army and it's draining my motivation. That's not to call out the other people in the Magisterium, I'm bad at delegating maybe. 
    3. The potential to make them into something awesome. I honestly do love the idea of the Magisterium! And the guildhall, omg it's amazing and I love it. 
    4. No idea. 
    5. I don't really have 'one figure' but I'd like to see more on the Celest houses. Like Mag has this huge emphasis on them and they're everywhere and I think Celest lacks that. 
    6. I honestly don't like huge sit down drawn out roleplay sessions. Terentia has been perfect with the little 5 minute interactions which have just been like a tiny acknowledgement or pick me up. Suits my style so well. I DO like sometimes being given small tasks - not some huge involved 'you must embark on this epic quest for me' but sometimes 'design an order scroll' or 'write a paragraph on this' or 'do this quest and reflect on how it's relevant to a concept of the order' but also no pressure to do formal tasks. More... looking at what each person's strengths are and give them something to do that makes them feel like they're contributing. 
  • A question for the admin, Does Lusternia have square dancing?

• Terentia said:

Moralis, come back, your eternal cousin misses you.
      Moondancers being culled really hit me right in the feels, especially with the dramatic doneness of it. I always felt that there was a specific vibe to being one of them that I haven't seen in modern Serenwilde. 
      The Aerie guildhall. The whole thing is lovely. I truly adore it. The guild, I like the idea but I feel like it hasn't seen the love it needs in a while, and I don't even know where to start - it feels like the ties that bound people into caring were cut but never fully reformed.
      I don't really have anything particular for this. Mostly just what my character is dealing with at present, and things I have attempted that never got responses. I understand the OOC reasoning, but the IC feeling that everything I've tried is up in the air just leaves me feeling a bit untethered. (It'll sort out eventually. It always does.)
      I got nothing for this right now. 
      Visibility has never been that important. In fact, the random appearances and interest in my character were the biggest draws for her current situation. Being publicly mortified over something private was truly compelling, and the random appearance of an Order NPC in my manse was a delight. The many occasions where Czixi has randomly appeared in thought, speech or NPC unexpectedly far outweigh the times I've deliberately sought her out, and she always manages to make it interesting and different. Even when the questions she leaves me with torment me for, say, six months or so.  :D 

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• Tylwyth said:
    A question for the admin, Does Lusternia have square dancing?

This would probably be better asked in the Divine AMA or the Simple Questions thread ;)
    Art is by the wonderful Gurashi!
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Terentia said:

1. I struggle to pick just one, there's a lot I would say the same thing to, but I'll pick Taevyn and would like to yell at him for retiring. Especially in character, I'd love a chance. He knows already, though.

2. Like Alexandria above, the loss of the moondancers hit me pretty hard. I loved that guild to bits. It's flair, it's atmosphere, how the people felt close knit and working with each other... I would struggle to name just one thing. If the moondancers would appear from the mists of time, I'd probably have aeldra drop everything and have her run back to Serenwilde to join, consequences be damned.

3. Some of them have really come to their own right and made a mark on the world in their own right, I remember the new Serenwilde guilds having a lot of flair from the get go. For Celest, I really do struggle getting warm with them, so it's hard for me to really name something. Mechanically, I love no longer having to go out of my way to be able to classflex. RP-Wise, am very much at a loss.

4. Am not sure about tied up as such, but I remember back with the last attack that Jojobo did on the basin and when sun nearly overtook Maeve... I always felt there was a followup waiting to happen, especially as I couldn't personally imagine everyone being back to 'business as usual' after that kind of threat.

5. Elindel, hands down. I was always curious about her while Aeldra was a moondancer and I always scraped for more information about her. I even think I have used her in more tasks in both guild and order then people ever wanted to hear about her.

6. Personally, I enjoy if gods come jumping in, unless am terribly busy. Like, for example, if am running a quest interruptions are mostly something I'd not like at that moment, as I intend on finishing a quest. If am just hunting, influencing, standing around in the city or even chatting to people, having a divine hop in was always a nice surprise. I have a few fond memories when I was talking to order members and suddenly a divine made themselves known, always made things more  interesting for everyone I felt. As for how  I like my RP... I do like things in measured doses, I can get a little worn out if things go over several hours unless there's several people involved and I can just lean back in between, but having interludes with a medium amount of time are usuallly fine. As for visibility, I personally always have this problem where I am like "if I go and approach that god, are they going to welcome it or are they just going to be busy?" and I often opt chose to not interact. Also, if I see a divine floating about visible, I personally would feel generally more tempted to consider  an interaction as I am visibly reminded of their presence.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Terentia said:

1. Things have gotten better, I'm sorry you didn't get to see it.
    2. I'm going to diverge a bit from the majority and give a mechanical answer. It was nice knowing that if you saw someone on GW, there was a fairly good chance they could help you figure out your skills and how they work.
    3. No one busts your chops if you don't get very high GR anymore, or even if you have no guild at all.
    4. Arthar'rt observatory. We need to repair it. We aren't allowed to repair it.
    5. The central figure of the Spectral Squire quest in Old Celest. I want to know who they were and what happened to them.
    6. I usually prefer being able to poke an NPC or mob and have them respond to me, honestly. It makes the world feel a lot more alive, even if I feel like it takes a lot more effort/attention on the admin side of things. When Gods do big I am HERE worldmotes, I feel like it's really easy for people to get lost in the pile.