Lack of Raves VI: Rave Today, Tweet Tomorrow

Comments

• Lawrence said:
    I finally took the time to interact with the temple npcs in Terentia's realm and just...wow. I wasn't expecting branching dialogue like that
    part 2, I think I just created a mini-event for the order?
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    just going to have to rave for the solstice court again... its such a lovely seasonable thing... and now I want a husky for aeldra to carry around. They're such derpy, cute floofs (and I mean, I have a husky at work, it's pretty accurate, they're just ... huskies )
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Yes, give us Husky Eggs next solstice instead of penguin eggs. 

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• edited December 2020
    Raves to @Terentia for Her new font, symbol, and idol designs! I'm so jealous, and I really wish it wouldn't be frowned upon to use Her symbol design for my gnome gauntlet :smiley:
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • Tylwyth said:
    Yes, give us Husky Eggs next solstice instead of penguin eggs. 

I'm unsure if huskies come from eggs, even in Lusternia. Still, stranger has happened...
    Art is by the wonderful Gurashi!
  • Well, that's why some beasts are "a baby whatever in a stasis field" instead!
  • Lendren said:
    Well, that's why some beasts are "a baby whatever in a stasis field" instead!
    I don't want baby huskies in a stasis field though

I want husky eggs! xD

• Tylwyth said:
    Lendren said:
    Well, that's why some beasts are "a baby whatever in a stasis field" instead!
    I don't want baby huskies in a stasis field though

I want husky eggs! xD
    Husky omelets!
  • AlarinAlarin Wailuku, Maui, Hawai'i
    I need to again give a loud "WOOOSAH!" to @Lantra for the last couple of days of Order RP. This one is turning out to be my favorite one by far. I'm still excited to see what's going to happen next and it's been.... 

...wait, what day is this?! >.>

A giant panda bounds into view, flanked by a gargantuan gorilla clad in golden plate armour. They both salute as the vision fades.

Aeldra said:
    I also feel it neccessary to rave for my lovely e-family, those are some pretty great people:  @Alaula@Ferne, @Alarin, @Faragan... you lot are amazing. <3

And, also for all the lovely and active order members who're actively trying to be a part of things, @lorina, @aesic and those four above. :)
    We try! And I'll admit, having you guys around really makes the game fun for me, along with a few others who engage in RP with us from time to time!

A giant panda bounds into view, flanked by a gargantuan gorilla clad in golden plate armour. They both salute as the vision fades.

• QuixoteQuixote Manchester, UK
    @Gurashi Not going to go into details, but this person is squee. That is all.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Gotta do more order raves, I think we're all at a perpetual squee by now at the lovely amazing things that keep happening, thank you @lantra for all your hard work.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
    Aeldra said:
    So, someone pointed me towards EMOVERRIDE, which is explained in changelog 1945. OMG I wanted this for so long. Being a tiny faeling, I always  felt some of the stock emotes were awkard for aeldra and now I can customize them and still get the associated poses... am having a field day here. Whoever added this, all the praises <3
    Reading through the forums, saw this and went "Oh crap, I need to finish Alarin's!" Lol, thank you for the reminder! And agreed, EMOVERRIDE is freaking awesome.

• I was just about to come here and echo those sentiments! I am glad the order got to have a small little ceremony to come together. @Parhelion and @Romaan I hope you like your medals, I sat dreading on if I should submit them for a good week. 

Now to plot on wrangling more recruits into the Dagger so everyone gets to have mini-events.
  • I've done the Faethorn baths quest many times now, but Shulamit wanted to get to do it, so! We did and she picked up the terrifying fleshflower in Gaudiguch bt we weren't sure what would happen when we got to the stage where Margie tells you to gather them!

And...she's prepared for you to not be in a commune! "Ask your elders in Gaudiguch how to go about it!" basically, which was great!

(We couldn't figure out what influence to use (probably seduction...) so I just ran around with my moonflower, but that just means we can do it again later!)

I'm impressed that Margie is prepared for it! Nice on whoever remembered to code for that!
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Do you pay attention when you talk, dearest?"

• SO guadi's have a fleshflower that lets them gather fae?

• edited January 2021
    Oh, yes, @Tylwyth. It's how they do the eaf quest to uh....make terrifying terrible things out of the fae. Not sure what other cities do, I know of course that Glomdoring has their scarab.

Edit- and is also how'd they would manage the Faethorn Baths quest, obviously, so that's why I assume the other cities can also somehow do it.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Do you pay attention when you talk, dearest?"

• "You pet a dusky brocade moth ingratiatingly.
    A dusky brocade moth lands gently on your left shoulder"

AW! I didn't know they did that. 

• edited January 2021
    I've been doing the waystation quest for curios (and DC). I love the fact that the waystation masters remember how many each ingredient you turn over several RL days in, without the whole thing resetting:smiley:

• Isser said:
    I've been doing the waystation quest for curios (and DC). I love the fact that the waystation masters remember how many each ingredient you turn over several RL days in, without the whole thing resetting:smiley:

Waystation chain isn't perfect - a lot of the things in the quest chain interfere with quest completions elsewhere, so you can be competing with other people doing those quests at prime times, but if you play during down times and refine your timing you can swing through it pretty quickly. It's also nice to leave just one kitchen unfinished and then complete it on a fresh day for a strong daily credits boost right at the start of your play time for that day.
  • edited January 2021
    Jolanthe said:
    Isser said:

Waystation chain isn't perfect - a lot of the things in the quest chain interfere with quest completions elsewhere, so you can be competing with other people doing those quests at prime times, but if you play during down times and refine your timing you can swing through it pretty quickly. It's also nice to leave just one kitchen unfinished and then complete it on a fresh day for a strong daily credits boost right at the start of your play time for that day.

doing that now actually. I wish added more items for those quest items are needed in several places.
  • Very late raves for the Gaudi solstice wreath visions. I love the tantalising hints about past happenings. Really cool. The hunks were funny too.

Also raves for Orael for the Yonghengqishi damage type change. One day I'll manage to pull it off.
  • You run your fingers along the back of The Unending Clock of Hope's Epilogue, seeking the button
    that releases the door at the front. It pops open a moment later, the wood parting to reveal the 
    inner workings. As you carefully wind the key, the hands of the clock spin faster and faster as a 
    scintillating light travels along the clock, transforming it into into The Timeless Clock of Hope's 
    Rebirth.

Best. Wonderclock. Ever.

Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • edited January 2021
    Thank you to whomever introduced that lovely little quest featuring Hugo Girard! The reward you get for helping that silly bard is a song especially for you and... it is 10/10 worth it. Was glad @Nymaane was with Gurashi so they weren't alone when they first heard the call! And to @Sutekh, @Celaphaeia and @Tridemon for joining as well.
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’