Lusternian AMA

1232425262729»

Comments

• Lisaera said:
    Many (if not all) of these are probably repeats!

1. Who is your favorite NPC (alive or dead) and why?
    2. Which one (only one!) IRL song is THE defining song of your character in this moment of their journey?
    3. If your character were a glass of something, what beverage would they be?
    4. What is your favorite easter egg you've discovered in Lusternia (in room descriptions, areas, a line of NPC dialogue etc)?
    5. What is the wildest Lusternian theory or headcanon you have?
    6. Do you have a faceclaim or voiceclaim for your character, and if so, who?
    1. Absolutely Veritus. Partially because nostalgia for the old Nihilists, partially because he's a hilarious old man, and partially because (so I'm told) everyone hates to drive him because of the lishping.

2. Under the Surface by Lacuna Coil would probably fit best. Also it's just a great song.

3. The most gilded, ornate possible glass filled with the fanciest red wine, except it's poured like a black&tan and the lower half is incredibly painful poison.

4. This is tough, I've seen and subsequently forgotten so many, and I'm completely drawing a blank. There's that one thing that the one guy says in the room next to the other room...

5. The Fates saw Magnagora being tainted as necessary for life to survive in the Basin, which is why They left without warning anyone and did nothing to stop Ladantine. Baalphegar knew and wasn't changed all that much, so he doesn't let people see him. 

6. Definitely Tricia Helfer, she has this great low, cultured voice, and she has resting smirk face that ranges from smirk to sneer. 
    1. What is your favorite room in game and why?
    2. If your character were a spice, what spice would they be?
    3. What three aesthetics guide how you build and play your character?
    4. Please select from the following options:
    "Entering town you find that you are witness to a very well-dressed man running from a crowd. He screams to you for help. The crowd behind him seem very angry."
    • Rush to the town's aid immediately, despite your lack of knowledge of the circumstances.
    • Stand aside and allow the man and the mob to pass, realizing it is probably best not to get involved.
    • Rush to the man's aid immediately, despite your lack of knowledge of the circumstances.
  • 1. My shop. Caoilfhoinn and I made it.
    2. Star Anise. (What else!?)
    3. Theatricality, Bimbo Academia, Classical French Burlesque. (If I had to throw some words out I mixed Sabrina/Zatanna/Pinup/Pink/A bit of Marina and the Diamonds IDK.)
    4.Rush to the man's aid immediately, despite your lack of knowledge of the circumstances.

• Lisaera said:
    "Entering town you find that you are witness to a very well-dressed man running from a crowd. He screams to you for help. The crowd behind him seem very angry."
    • Rush to the town's aid immediately, despite your lack of knowledge of the circumstances.
    • Stand aside and allow the man and the mob to pass, realizing it is probably best not to get involved.
    • Rush to the man's aid immediately, despite your lack of knowledge of the circumstances.

1. 'A stone bridge' in Glomdoring. It's very pretty, and has good vibes. Can't go wrong with a bridge.
    2. Cinnamon, maybe? Or if black truffle counts, I suppose that.
    3. I'm frankly quite unsure, given Esei's changed so much since I started. I suppose... dark witch/wisefolk, dark cottagecore, and (don't tell Nocht) dark floral.
    4. 2. F'ai Glomdoring...?

pronouns: they/them
  • Lisaera said:
    1.  There's a couple of Magnagoran rooms I like, hard to pick just one. The Bridge of Torment is so evocative and unique. The top of the construction site, and d'Murani gardens have great ambients of sunrise/sunset (and the construction site has a few other cool coded bits that are worth finding out).
    2.  This is tough, maybe cinnamon?
    3.  Refined noble, mad scientist (also very intentionally including the classic PhD syndrome of being oblivious to the super obvious/some social norms at times), devotee of Nil/the Twelve.
    4.  Lacking any context (what race is the man/crowd for instance), probably option 2.
  • edited April 2022
    Lisaera said:
    Many (if not all) of these are probably repeats!

1. Who is your favorite NPC (alive or dead) and why?
    2. Which one (only one!) IRL song is THE defining song of your character in this moment of their journey?
    3. If your character were a glass of something, what beverage would they be?
    4. What is your favorite easter egg you've discovered in Lusternia (in room descriptions, areas, a line of NPC dialogue etc)?
    5. What is the wildest Lusternian theory or headcanon you have?
    6. Do you have a faceclaim or voiceclaim for your character, and if so, who?
    1. Eurael. They have to deal with me sobbing my eyes out every time I embrace the Heart of Yeniona.

2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTo7f1_yVNQ Naturally.

3. Masala chai.

4. I found this one because of Aetolia - REALDOG works for READLOG. (over there it has you muse thoughtfully about buying a dog)

5. That there were survivors of the doomed expedition of First Circles to greet the Soulless.

6. Yes. Evanna Lynch. Probably for both!

• I am the originator of Realdog... Many many years ago I submitted it as an idea on Aetolia so that people who typo'd would be trolled, and they added it. <_< Maybe it existed other IRE games before that idek. But still one of my proudest achievements.
  • I been thinking about the faceclaim thing a lot.
    Is Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Kid Friendly Parents Guide
    I think this is where I land

I'd prob change my answer every day this week though.

• Esei said:
    1. Filib Shee-Slaugh. He's just the cutest, and also has gone through some character development recently which really just gives me the warm fuzzies. Weirdly, he's also been one of Esei's confidants through their journey in Lusternia, for [redacted] reasons.
    2. At this point of their journey... hmm... Hard to say. This version of the Jaws theme fits generally, though I think there's some gems in their playlist if you care to listen.
    3. Tea, of course.
    4. You ask me this question and suddenly I can't remember a single easter egg...
    5. In the words of Gurashi, Darvellan is "actually a Lucidian posing as a Goloth posing as Darvellan." Or possibly "Mysrai is literally a swarm of bees."
    6. Alas, I've none. Maybe myself for the voice, but I think Esei has a weird Fantasy Glomdoring Accent I'll never be able to quite capture. Their voice is also considerably deeper than mine at any given point.

Belatedly, a good face claim for Esei's elfen form would be the Polish model Bartek Borowic. No idea about the voice still.

No photo description available

• just a quick shop to drive my point home ok I leave u alone now.
  • I miss REALREALDOG.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Lisaera said:

1. There's a room in the Shevat homestead that's basically a porch looking out over the underside of Hallifax. Luce uses it as his pondering spot sometimes.
    2. Let's go with nutmeg. Usually just blending in and making other stuff taste better, kind of boring if left on its own.
    3. Decorum, mania, trauma
    4. B
  • Lisaera said:

1) It's hard to pick. I like rooms with pretty ambients like the salon in the Society guildhall or on top of the d'Murani tower, or the court of a thousand petals in the Presidio.

2) This is hard! Something that's an aquired taste? Cilantro maybe - you either like her or she is the worst thing ever.

3) Being a lady, in so much as being proper, primped and prissy. Artistic, like, being into aesthetics, fashion, just being a creative. And ummm...low key dashes of sadism and dark humour.

4) Much like Uzi said, it would depend on race of the man and the crowd, and or which town. But generally speaking, option b. Not my circus, not my problem.
  • In the vein of Lisaera's third question, what authors or works influence your writing style or aesthetic for your character/manse/designs?
  • If I have to be honest it's gotta be a lot of comic books, nostalgia pinup, a few different spheres of french aesthetic. As far as writing styles, I don't really know. I write pretty chaotically I think.
  • Ein said:
    In the vein of Lisaera's third question, what authors or works influence your writing style or aesthetic for your character/manse/designs?

I just mimic stuff I think is neat, really, or more precisely I just try to "textify" it as best I can. Most of the stuff I've made came from some source image or another, with modifications that either make it more properly lusternian or dance around a given design element I just can't quite grapple with otherwise. Some are even just things I loosely remember from years past and tried to recreate as a flight of fancy, with no resource beyond my own memory. Probably why there's so few unifying factors I what I do.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Ein said:
    In the vein of Lisaera's third question, what authors or works influence your writing style or aesthetic for your character/manse/designs?
    For my general writing style, I've got a bit of GRRM, Tolkein, Jordan, and Sanderson in there, but lately an embarrassing amount of my writing style has been corrupted by Jim Butcher's Dresden Files :sweat_smile:
    There's a bit of Downtown Abbey in the way Luce behaves, but also more than a bit of the 'starving, slightly mad artist' aesthetic like Doctor Who's Van Gogh or Shakespeare.
    As for the aesthetics of Luce's manse, Ii blame drugs and Doctor Strange
  • Ein said:

I don't think my aesthetic or writing is deliberately inspired by any particular artist - I'm sure some similar stuff has cropped up and I've just not noticed, though. My writing style tends to be influenced more by other players, than anything else.

• Ein said:
    The biggest influence on my writing style, sense of comedic timing, dramatic preferences, and love of whimsy comes directly from Lemony Snicket, full stop.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Lisaera said:

1. Hmm. The circles of stones in Serenwilde are simply described, but I have so many memories attached to that room. I'll have to wrack my brain for a room description I'd call my favorite.

2. I'm going to say frankincense, because I can.

3. Ev's speech pattern was originally based on Lt. Cmdr. Data (Ev doesn't use contractions, ever). He has a Galadriel feel to him at times. And maybe a bit of Ogion, since that's now on my mind.

4. C, absolutely.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Ein said:

The current iteration of Ev's manse was heavily inspired by a location in a Castlevania game. I fell in love with the location and wanted to put my own spin on it.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.