General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Neos said:
    What's worse is that with me being broke and jobless, my chances of being social is basically 0. :\

Been there. Still half there. I feel you.

Also, how are you younger than I am :(
  • I know how it is. I've been partially unemployed since mid July.  I have padded away enough to get by for months if I need to, but I'm cutting out anything not neccessary to stretch my net.

Good thing I don't like to eat at fancy places or drink, lol. Water is free.
    Stangmar - Retired

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    So, while out and about, and kinda being lost, I wandered into a dinky little market in search of a restroom, because my body didn't want to go until after I got off the train. Finding no bathroom, I decided to see if I would buy a bottle of water, because 5 hours standing in the sun isn't fun. Deciding to not buy the water, I checked to see what snacks the place had, but nothing caught my fancy. It was then that the lady at the counter, decided to rudely ask me what I wanted, and as I went to leave the store, insinuated that I had stolen something from the store. The only thing that held me back from a tirade involving what people would consider coarse language, in two different languages to boot, is the fact that I didn't want to end up wasting my time talking to the cops, as I had somewhere to be.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • I've been babysitting my cousins (10 and 12) the past three days. I keep have little paternal moments, like catching them asleep in the backseat.

I do not want these feels. Take them back.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited August 2013
    With my phone's last 1% of battery life, I would like to issue a curse upon Dominion Virginia Power.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Please, miss prosecuting attorney, decide on someone to fill your open position, even if it's someone else. My anxiety levels are far too high and my chest hurts. :/
  • Having come to accept that any attempts at playing music with people that live near me is completely futile, Lusternia has become my sole source of entertainment and stress relief. The past few days, though, it's just contributing instead.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Have to drastically alter my sleep schedule.  Get to go from getting up around seven and going to bed before midnight to up around four and by elimination going to bed at around nine.

On the bright side, my employer will let me start work earlier, allowing me to go to work, then school, then home for homework.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    This morning, every white shirt I own was perfectly clean.

In less than twelve hours, I managed to stain all of them. It seems as though I will have to go shopping for more 47 cent shirts if I'm going to dress in a socially acceptable way in any non-casual events.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • My college became a university in March.  

We haven't added a single degree or program.

We have raised tuition and fees.  Every single fee has gone up...some as much as 100%.  

At least it's my last semester.  
    Stangmar - Retired

• I've always been a car lover since I was a toddler.

That said.....I'm really hating being a car owner right now.....my beat up old POS has been giving me issues constantly since I bought it 2 years ago.   The A/C system is now leaking out refridgerant faster than I can put it in :(  

It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't live in hell.
    Stangmar - Retired

• A few years back my ex and I were in Texas visiting my uncle on our way to the west coast. The day before leaving to continue the trip, the AC went out in our car and we didn't have the money to fix it. Driving through the southwest with no AC in mid-June is terrible.
  • Inaryl said:
    A few years back my ex and I were in Texas visiting my uncle on our way to the west coast. The day before leaving to continue the trip, the AC went out in our car and we didn't have the money to fix it. Driving through the southwest with no AC in mid-June is terrible.
    It's awful.  I live in the southwest(St. George, UT to be exact, in the northeast most part of the Mojave Desert).  We've been over 100 almost every day this summer, and often above 110.  For a while i was putting on weight because I refused to go outside(I basically lived in my office, so I didn't really have to leave). 

I put in 2 cans of R134A at about 2 pm today, and it blew cold for an hour or so.  It all has leaked out again.  I want to light this car on fire and push it off a cliff....but that would require close proximity to fire in the summer....bleh.
    Stangmar - Retired

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Took my wife out to a steakhouse today for a semi-late birthday present.

Not only did they seat me under an AC vent, but when I asked them to turn it down, they turned it down so much that it dripped into my Alfredo :/

#firstworldproblems
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
     they turned it down so much that it dripped into my Alfredo
    I can't express how absolutely disgusting that is to me. And here I thought mucus was the only thing that revolted me.
    Gawd, I hope they at least comped your meals.
    I used to make cakes.

• I caught the back-to-uni cold.
  • edited August 2013
    So, I was in Germany visiting my cousins-of-doom-children-things and my uncle.

My uncle *loves* to takes us to all different places, and we went to this really cool place called Externsteine, which is a really cool stone formation thing. Long story short, there's some really big hills behind it, and hey, it was a brilliant idea at the time to walk up those hills. In the process my lungs are going WTF ARE YOU DOING. And I get all short of breath, can't breathe, pass out, pain in my chest for the rest of the day and week, leading into this week.

I'm all wheezy and it hurts so my mum made me go to the doctors today, and yay. Chest infection pf some sort. So this doctor (who I've never seen before in my life, my family doctor is sick, ahaha. Doctor. Sick) gives me all these meds to take, and boy they make me drowsy.

My chest is still hurting. They are not stopping pain!
  • I still have an hour until my "lunch" break and I've done everything I need to at work. Normally this would be a good thing but tonight I'm struggling to stay awake. I'm not sure if bashing would keep me from falling asleep or if I'd just die repeatedly.
  • KioKio
    edited August 2013
    I work in the warehouse of one of two food banks in West Virginia. We service the entire state.

There are -four- people working in the warehouse today. I am already exhausted. Don't expect me online at all tonight :(
  • Somewhere, George Clooney is laughing hysterically.  
    Stangmar - Retired

• Why no stomach, I didn't want to accomplish anything this fine evening/morning. Please do churn away several hours of my weekend and GF time. x.=.x

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

Just sayin' might be the phrase I hate most in the English language.
    I used to make cakes.

• That seems pretentious. Just sayin...
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm probably the last person who should complain about others, but some people are so emotionally immature it's not even funny. :/

Rant Deux: I lost 150 bucks over the weekend somehow. My wife's half of this half of the months rent disappeared out of my pocket :/
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Revan said:
    That seems pretentious. Just sayin...
    It's essentially become a grammatical marker for passive-aggressiveness. Also it gets said way too much in my workplace. I shouldn't let it bother me. :(
    I used to make cakes.

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Going to leave shortly for the cardiologist, who is 5 minutes away walking. The appointment is in an hour. I know that even with my early arrival, I won't be seen until an hour after my appointment, and after all the tests, I'll see the doctor for only two minutes, and then I'll have to fight with my health insurance company about my seeing him. Joy.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Overall uncertainty in how to handle a certain situation I have 0 experience in, coupled with my inability to actually discuss things, even when I do have experience in the matter. :(
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Eff this week.  Seriously.
    1) Monday, first day of classes for this semester.  Find a parking lot on a little side street/cul-de-sac that I've used semesters past.  Miss the small (about the size of a 17" laptop screen) sign that says unauthorized cars will be towed.  Six hours later, I still don't have my car.  Manage to pick it up the next morning after a trip to the DMV for paperwork proving the car is mine.  

2) Also Monday, get a letter from my HOA that we haven't been paying them, and their gonna foreclose on our house if they don't get their HOA fees + interest/penalties in an amount that I definitely can't afford.  Since I'd set up autopay and it WAS working for about a year prior, going to fight this, but not something I needed.

3) A co-worker/might as well be a member of my in-law's family died yesterday when a SUV hit him (or he hit an SUV that shouldn't have been there) on his scooter.

Eff this week.