Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

Well you have to give the full explination! Warrior weapons are all complicated and stuff.

• ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    Oh man, I know she's Hallifaxian and all, but I never actually thought Zyphora would be doing paperwork of all things.

/re-drafts old contracts

• Influencing is such a nice change of pace from bashing...
    Will you still love me when I am no longer young and fergalicious?
  • I wonder if stockings this year will have gifts in them every month during Christmas? >_>

• Zyphora said:
    Oh man, I know she's Hallifaxian and all, but I never actually thought Zyphora would be doing paperwork of all things.

/re-drafts old contracts
    Part of me kinda wants to see like... forms with fields and stuff that could be filled in then see just how much paperwork just starts shooting out of hallifax.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited November 2012
    A fountain of sparkling light forms into a sparkleberry bush.

I love replanting :D

Also, Estar is coming.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • How on earth do you misspell explanation?
  • Explunashun?
  • Estwald said:
    How on earth do you misspell explanation?
    The root word is 'explain', and for people whose first language is not English (there's actually a lot of us), the concept of a vowel disappearing when a word is transformed is hard to grasp.
    If it's broken, break it some more.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Estwald said:
    Explosion?!
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Exposition!

Wait, that's not right...
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Estwald said:
    The root word is 'explain', and for people whose first language is not English (there's actually a lot of us), the concept of a vowel disappearing when a word is transformed is hard to grasp.

Not only people whose first language isn't English. I was misspelling it myself all the way up to 8th grade :(.

/embarrassed.
  • I really, REALLY don't like the nature reserve quest.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • edited November 2012
    Estwald said:
    Get used to it! Think about how you pronounce the word. For example, you would never say explination, but explanation is fine. There are exceptions, of course, but you can look at what combinations of letters usually correspond to certain sounds.

e: "ai" is usually ay (rain)
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited November 2012
    ...I do say "explination", actually. The 'a' isn't stressed, nor have I ever heard it stressed to any extreme degree that would make me think to myself, "That is clearly an A!". Stressing it makes the word clunky and awkward and just weird to say.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Eritheyl said:
    ...I do say "explination", actually. The 'a' isn't stressed, nor have I ever heard it stressed to any extreme degree that would make me think to myself, "That is clearly an A!". Stressing it makes the word clunky and awkward and just weird to say.
    Same. I actually don't think I can recall a single instance where I've heard that first "A" pronounced explicitly like an "A", but many times where it sounds like an "I". Maybe it's a regional thing?
  • You people need to enunciate.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    You people need to enunciate.
    Go back to Canada you! Shoo!
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Why does the Hallifax collegium history quest not actually teach any history? You guys need to rename it the How Social Order Prevents Chaos quest. :P

• edited November 2012
    The only history you need is the glorious Social Order of the Collective, Comrade.

All ties to the past pale and are meaningless in comparison.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    edited November 2012
    I love Hallifax's history quest. It's one of those things that really hooked me in to my Service Beneath the Glorious Collective. (Service to the Collective involves capitalizing a lot of words to make them seem More Important.)

But the way I see it, Hallifax lost most of its history. We talk about the basis of our current society because, well, what else do we have, really? We're making our history now, and this is the stuff we want to be remembered for, going forward.
  • ********************************[ Your Ikons ]*********************************
    Id      Group     Quality   Type      G  Name
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3447    Hallifax  uncommon  prop         a crystal violin
    4744    Hallifax  common    prop         a work order
    5199    Hallifax  epic      prop         the Matrix
    5295    Hallifax  common    prop         an Aeromancer staff
    5440    Hallifax  uncommon  prop         the Amethyst Generator
    5957    Hallifax  epic      prop         the Matrix
    7994    Hallifax  epic      prop         the Matrix
    8036    Hallifax  epic      prop         the Matrix
    *******************************************************************************

So... uh. How rare was the Matrix supposed to be again?
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Kiradawea said:

I think it's all luck of the draw. I have about six different copies of Celest's epic scene.
  • Another quick question (thanks for the responses to the last one, by the way!): what does sipping nightsweats do? 
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    After it builds, your next attack will do bleeding damage as well.
  • Sipping it gives you the nightsweats defense which causes some (extra) bleeding with your next attack vs a player.
  • Yaffi said:
    Kiradawea said:

I think it's all luck of the draw. I have about six different copies of Celest's epic scene.
    Trade?
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I have the urge to just hide away hermit style in the guildhall all weekend and brood on my throne. Maybe I'll just sell my manse and move in, and demand the other Coven members bring me food and things to bash, and never leave.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    "Bring things to throw at my feet, so that I may kiss and/or peekaboo them to death (I forget if nightgaze comes off as peekaboo-y as the MD equivalent)."
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    This is awesome:

A male sileni sways before the Wheel of the Goloth, his hooves pounding against the ground as he plays his pan flute. The sweet, enchanting melody lingers in the air long after the sileni has faded from this time, though images flicker across the Wheel of the Goloths for some moments after, depicting him once more
    alongside his family and friends in good cheer, joyous dance and sweet, lovely song.

This discussion has been closed.