Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia

Vivet said:
    Xarcon said:

3) People who do everything because they are so addicted that they legally change their real life name to their character name

Guilty. Almost.

One of the reasons I never share my real name is because I would be completely and utterly weirded out if anyone -ever- called me by it while I'm playing in the MUD.

I find I answer to Lavinya and Lavi in real life, though neither is remotely close to my real name >_>

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I tend to use Shaddus a lot, including my Facebook and Twitter.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Anyone I talk to OOCly I usually tell them to just call me Ari, much easier than my real name!
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• Silvanus said:
    I'm personally glad to see Celest down and out.

They acted like serious pricks when Magnagora was emptied. All the Demon Lords dead and the Necromentate dead, and they still found a way to complain about off peak raiding (when in fact the raid that killed the DLs was off-peak for Mag) or raid as constantly as possible.

This is a game, and a lot of Celest took it personally to make any Magnagoran's life miserable. When the table shifted and Celest was on the receiving end, well, the mechanics got changed.

You reap what you sow. Lots of past Celestians pissed all over their bed and their citymates, and now they find they have to sleep in it.

Edit: When I refer to Celest, I'm referring to a core group of Celestians who are not part of the city anymore, because they don't like to be on the losing side. If any current Celestians take insult to any of this, I am sorry, I am talking about the past group. I won't name any names, but quite a few went to extremes that shouldn't be allowed in a game.
    I spent a few years playing in Celest and after interacting with these individuals in Celest on a personal basis, to be frank I couldn't agree more Silvanus. 

It comes down to a small group of players who don't enjoy a combative challenge. They only want the dogpile and cry when they don't get their way.

The same sudden disappearance of these 'fighters' in Celest has happened before when Narsrim returned to Magnagora two to three years ago.  The players would log in briefly to Celest, see that the prime city was being raided or hear angels dying and then log out.

I only have some sympathy for the administrator put in position to try to rectify the problem.
  • Arimisia said:
    Anyone I talk to OOCly I usually tell them to just call me Ari, much easier than my real name!
    I see this and it reminds me of how hard for years I've been trying to get my wife to let me grow a Fu Manchu mustache. I think I'll add it to my character description.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I misread that as "...how hard for years I've been trying to get my wife to grow a Fu Manchu..."
  • Vivet said:

Xarcon said:

3) People who do everything because they are so addicted that they legally change their real life name to their character name

Guilty. Almost.

One of the reasons I never share my real name is because I would be completely and utterly weirded out if anyone -ever- called me by it while I'm playing in the MUD.

There was once a character in celest who's name was my IRL name. Whenever someone addressed him on CT I got weirded out for a short while. I eventually wrote a trigger to change his name slightly and preserve my sanity :S
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    On the topic of names, my character's mother's name is one letter off from mine, and there is a character that exists with my name, and both have my nickname as a nickname. I can't escape it.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Looking to see if I have something logged, when after it turns out I didn't, choosing a random log and finding a log of my spar with Ixion, and then in that same log seeing things that made Lusternia fun for me, even back when my connection was really crappy and I'd be constantly disconnecting.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • a regal bird-of-paradise ball gown
    C56 B60

Chirp!
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Would it be a terrible faux pas to submit regular non-Beauty Seal designs right now while the reviewers are in top gear? 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Daraius said:
    Would it be a terrible faux pas to submit regular non-Beauty Seal designs right now while the reviewers are in top gear? 
    Nope.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Daraius said:
    Mine have been looked at more speedily I think because it's not a Beauty submission. I've been getting responses anywhere from half an hour to a day for my non-Beauty submissions.
    Sweet. Maybe I'll kick it into top gear myself and ride the wave of speedy approvals.  :)
    I used to make cakes.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Daraius said:
    I'm currently suspending all Darkhammer submissions till post Beauty so that Seal designs don't get clogged up waiting for approval.

I made the designers aware of this beforehand and they're all fine with it. But each to their own.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Vivet said:
    Xarcon said:

Guilty. Almost.

That's why I hated the title of 'Marshall'. 
  • I too get thrown off by a character who has my RL name + one extra letter. Also, when I still played my old character, there were a few other characters with a similar start of name and I'd get misstells all the time. That I almost kind of miss. 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • In Achaea, there is a character whose name is the same as my irl name. We both played in the same city for a little while, and I had to actively stop myself from answering to ct messages directed at her. Identity crisis!
  • On the topic of RL names, it creeps up on me a LOT, a particular word is very similar to my last name and I always have to sit and stare at it to make sure someone didn't just say my last name. @Ixion is the only one who's actually said my last name, was awkward lol.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• Ried is a letter switch away from Reid, which is a real name, so people misspell Ried all the time. :(
    Shaddus is...yeah, I got nothing.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Munsia was initially ment to be Moonsia and at the time was suppose to sound like it too but I like muhn better. Also not MOO nsia but MOON sia....don't ask. 
    Just noted that the three acts of this play are going to look like this on STAGE LIST:

357     A Matter of Eminence ~ Act I Play    Daraius   0gp     12m 16s none

Wasn't there some talk about adjusting how tables work ingame? ;;)
    I used to make cakes.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Not sure if writing Lusternia based song parodies is a talent to be proud of or not.

But I'm pretty sure I just killed the Bee-Gees.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Lusty just die for anyone else?
  • Ixion said:
    Lusty just die for anyone else?
    Yes. :(

• Ixion said:
    Lusty just die for anyone else?
    Ya.. some I talked to said they were still on.. no idea.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Due to my sleep deprivation of the day, I've written down an interesting idea that I plan to spring on Glomdoring in the upcoming weeks, probably after Ascension stuffs happen.  I'm not quite sure yet.  But it makes me chuckle, and I'm hoping that anyone I can get to go along with it will have a good time.  This is assuming this still reads as a good idea in a few days.
  • Massive Internet d/c while domothing. Come back, 2 minutes on 3rd stage, just to watch it die. Damnit.
This discussion has been closed.