Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• I've always hated people even when they're on my side - equal opportunity hatred!
  • Morkarion said:
    It's always surprised me how people have a significant amount of animosity, and sometimes hatred, for another person, based entirely on interactions between their characters.
    I will be honest for a long time I thought you has this exact unhealthy feeling when it came to Kelly (IC and OOC).  I was glad to see the post you made showing her respect after the death challenge.

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Leolamins said:
    Morkarion said:
    It's always surprised me how people have a significant amount of animosity, and sometimes hatred, for another person, based entirely on interactions between their characters.
    I will be honest for a long time I thought you has this exact unhealthy feeling when it came to Kelly (IC and OOC).  I was glad to see the post you made showing her respect after the death challenge.
    The character's given me immense amounts of frustration and one upped me to the point I've probably muttered the name in anger in my sleep. But no, never hated the player for it.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    The Night hates everyone
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Morkarion said:
    I don't like making negative posts, but after some of the things I've read and conversations I've been privy to recently, I feel compelled to post.

It's always surprised me how people have a significant amount of animosity, and sometimes hatred, for another person, based entirely on interactions between their characters. It's not an org exclusive issue, but game-wide and it baffles the crap out of me. In some cases it's a clash of characters in RP, in some cases it's a conflict rivalry with a person who makes a difference in revolts/flares/fights etc, or killed them in a fight (regardless of who initiated it) and in some cases it's a jealousy issue that a character achieves certain things, or gets plaudits for their work.

None of these things should cause you to hate another person, and some of the language I've seen thrown at people or about people is quite frankly, disappointing. In a game where today's enemy is easily tomorrow's ally, some people really need to reconsider their approach* to how they react to events in game. And having a hypocritical attitude of "I hate them till they're on my side, then I love them" isn't healthy.
    I tend to hold a grudge for all of 15 minutes.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I feel like the burning hatred and rage was much more common in the game's early life.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    For sure, things today are no where near as rage-inducing (or fun?!) as the good old days.

I mean, I sure missed Narsrim kick-running daughters/villages/realms/repeat, walking into a Fillin meld and instadying, permanent offbalance from BC/AL, and more.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Morkarion said:
    I typically say I hate a lot of people on a daily basis, sometimes even without provocation! Do I really, -really- hate them though? Well, not often. I'm sure even our most annoying players are really upstanding and fantastic folks.

...which is why I don't say it to them :>
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited February 2014
    Kagato has an extreme dislike for a few particular Magnagorans who shall remain nameless, largely due to his disdain for Magnagora as a whole, but that is as far as any animosity extends, I know quite well from other interactions, here on the forums and on alternate characters that said people/characters are quite decent people.

It takes a special kind of behaviour to cause me to develop an OOC dislike for someone behind a character.  I think there is only one, MAYBE two people in the entirety of the Lusternia player base that has earned my dislike on an OOC level.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • That awkward moment where we field a team of 14 for a domoth that's going to flux in 29 hours.
    (This is more than we've had for some ascension events.)
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    Never underestimate the number of people that will turn out for a surefire win.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I now understand why no one joins wargames.

Who wants to chase someone around for 20 minutes when the only thing they have to lose is pride.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited February 2014
    He says, after a fight where I stood in the same room as him, same elevation, for quite some time without running at all (or doing anything for that matter, I was mostly waiting on power to try a different fuse setup), and only decided to 'run' to chase after someone else once we agreed neither of us was likely to kill the other unless we hit some kind of fluke.

Ultimately, I'm the bad guy for 'sitting in treelife.... in the trees with you. I just picked up runes, and am learning the rhythms of it (I still need practice), pardon me for not wanting to heartstop because my enemy isn't going to kill me and has passive curing, dodging, and contort that they 'just sit in' the entire time. Boo hiss :P.

EDIT: And it's not like I... didn't change up my strategy. I changed poisons, changed fused runes, changed my plan for post sap rune flinging, and tried setting up with room passives like ancestral curse, though you didn't chase me into that room. Twasn't I wasting time there.
    Sure, let's get into this.

You will never face me at my best (in octave). You have always gusted me out or just kept running away. So why bother attempting to kill you? If we were forced in a one room with no exit, you would have no chance.

While I will sit in your demense all day (as proven in an hour and a half wargames which you spent most of the time running and or deepsleeping/inducing me to drink absinthe) and take you at your very best. Any sap lock you can dream of, will just bounce off of me 95 times out of 100. Yes, you can have that odd ball 5 times, but why would you join a Wargames for that same tactic over and over and over and never let anyone else have any fun or attempt to 'practice' new things. You aren't the only one who is trying to practice.

Its a wargames. It's meant for practice. Like running in and killing the young person right away. That's a good way to incorporate youngsters and help improve the quality of competition around here. Evidence of an example: the other day, in our Wargames, we didn't go after Alinore right away and actually gave her a chance in the Wargames and actually learned some things (and progressed in the guild). You and Caerlyr killed Yasith, I think - he died too quickly for me to learn his name, in the first minute of the Wargames.

That's not practice. That's pride.

2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ladies, ladies. You're both pretty.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited February 2014
    I gusted you once or twice, because you were sitting next to the room I had passives set in, and I walked in and moved you towards my passives. You moved away, so I tried again to move you towards my passives. You were contorting and walking back before I got balance, so I gave up on that. Heck, as far as I was aware, I fought you for plenty of time in Caerlyr's octave, until you gusted him or he was forced to move because of Scax's Inquisition. 

Interestingly, the room with ancestral curse I tried to lure you into, but that you refused to face me in was a room with only one exit! I typically have no issue fighting in rooms with one exit, and I usually don't have problems fighting bards 1v1 in octave without running more than absolutely necessary. I have a few mechanics that paradoxically work a lot better 1v1 than in groups, that I've learned to use to diffuse that particular danger.

Yes, I did induce you to drink absinthe that one wargames but: Did you forget that most of that hour and a half was you sitting at the literal opposite side of the arena shielded, refusing to come near me? It's a strategy I despise, and only ever utilize when it's clear that my 'opponent' has no interest in engaging me, and has only joined the event to have a win attributed to them. After a long stretch (perhaps 30 minutes) of sitting in a single place MEDitating, I went after you to deepsleep in dreambody! I left behind my defenseless corpse to bring at least a small measure of fight to you, but you remained there instead of engaging - even with kether! I eventually resorted to underhanded tricks because I couldn't get you to fight me in forest terrain let alone in my demesne! It was the only way I could get you to sit in one place long enough to fight you, which is unfortunate.

And yes, my saps will bounce off you. <sarcasm> Who would have thunk, druids having a hard time against bards who have dodge, contort, and passive healing to boot. It's also beyond imagining that a druid would try sap over and over, like it's the only method of killing they have, crazy. </sarcasm> We tried to change it in the special reports and were thoroughly shot down. Some of the changes from that report that buffed us (very situationally, but still) have even been partially rolled back!

In the particular wargames you're complaining about, I had a pretty good lock started on you without outside help, but was a good team member and came to your rescue with a cleanse enchantment!  You may have gotten out without the help, depending on who coded your system and any mods you've patched in, but it wasn't a sure thing. I realize now that I was botching part of my strategy, a mistake I made from playing time in one of the other IREs where a key affliction is very similar, but not quite the same. I think I've got that problem licked now. I also caught some bugs in other runes stuff I whipped up earlier today, and I'm still memorizing good combos.

I'm sorry that it's not fun for you, but nothing that happened in the wargames was anything unusual, abusive, or intended primarily to annoy, with the exception of the fused rad+pathtwists which I quickly stopped once it was clear the point sunk in - I was a little peeved by your "You can never kill me" comment in the arena, and I wanted to make it clear that without running away you'd never kill me either, a point made clear by sitting under aeon/stun spam with a warrior attacking me unhindered (not even by demesne), in that aforementioned one exit room. Muah to @Rivius and his great coding that play a hugebig part in that.

Unfun is a door that swings both ways. Or something like that? So is pride. If you weren't going to kill me, and I wasn't going to kill you, why is the onus to heartstop on me?
  • I gust every bard I can. I'd also bonedensity every Nihilist I can. And if I had night, I'd brume every druid I can get my hands on as well. Just like how I rebound, parry, stance and scorpiontail every chance I get against physical users. Complaining about people using anything, including running, at their disposal in a fight is like complaining about the rain getting you wet. If it stops being fun, heartstop and find someone else to play with.

Not everyone fights every battle in an arena as if they had to win.

Some people actually enjoy practice and helping others get a chance to learn who would otherwise be way overwhelmed in any fight.

Some people don't and have to win at everything.

"If it stops being fun, heartstop and find someone else to play with."

Or, I can make an anonymous post on the Forums complaining about people always running, and see how quickly people chime in to defend themselves. I don't think it's hard to make a Wargames far more fun for everyone involved, don't run so much, let midbies actually have a chance in a fight instead of killing them in the first minute, and then maybe we wouldn't have so many 'state of conflict' reports if everyone actually got a chance.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    This is a really stupid argument. Speaking from experience, Enyalida will heart stop and silvanus will play the hit and run game when it suits him.
    Apparently dedication and pre-preparation is cheating.

I thought breaking the rules laid out by the admin is cheating.

• Ok... maybe an unpopular opinion, but I don't blame anyone for being angry about what happened there, cause I probably would be too, were it not for the fact that I benefited from it. Not because it was against any rules, but because it was a lousy situation for some people. So... maybe we could just not discuss it or debate who was right?
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    It's called tactics, and planning ahead. Ask the winners of all the seals thus far how much pre-planning went into the competition for them, and I'd be very very surprised to hear very little. Things like unravelling gates perhaps, pre-bashing/influencing to get respawn timers locked down, domoth blessings, quest buffs gained in advance, pyramid points and demigod anchors set, pits set, hermit tarot cards activated...shouldn't they be considered cheating too?

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Context, please?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    It's not cheating, and I applaud the diligence in doing it, but it generally does go against the spirit of the event. It's not a stretch to see why some may be miffed.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Shaddus said:
    Context, please?
    Glom has kept the Throne attuned to the undead, to keep most of the playerbase from getting buffs pre-Justice seal event.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Apparently keeping the Throne of Urlach tuned to the undead is cheating to win.

This discussion has been closed.